• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Like i've said countless times, stuff gets stolen if your not careful and bring your laptop, wii, phone, baseball bat, girlfriend, wallet with 200 bucks in it, your pet giraffe, wii, gamecube, brawl disk, super nintendo, limited edition yugi-oh egyptian god cards, and 4 gamecube controllers.

Bring your wallet and keep it in your pocket and watch yer shiz.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Like i've said countless times, stuff gets stolen if your not careful and bring your laptop, wii, phone, baseball bat, girlfriend, wallet with 200 bucks in it, your pet giraffe, wii, gamecube, brawl disk, super nintendo, limited edition yugi-oh egyptian god cards, and 4 gamecube controllers.

Bring your wallet and keep it in your pocket and watch yer shiz.
I'm going to think twice before bringing my pet giraffes to tourneys now.

Thanks Mars.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
^You better believe it, my lifes never been the same since the day I lost Wilbert :'(

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Huh, I never had a problem with such. Then again, I guess I take the precautions already. Plus, it's been two years, a lot might've changed. Maybe I'll get some updates tonight ^^

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't think the word talent can be used when talking about videogames lol but yea the level of play isn't that great in Utah. When everyone shows up you can usually predict the top 5 and the order in which they'll come in.

DZLE

Smash Master
@Red Dog-
Good choice man. We can smash casually with each for the fun. Melee and all is always fun.

@C!Z-
Utah's talents is made up of like 5 people tops. And compared to the rest of the US, even those 5 people aren't anything to like, omg at. I dunno man, if I move, I hope to get better and better at smash. But if I never get all back into competitive smash, my life won't be over.

@Minato-
I'll bring enough Giraffes for both of us... in heart TT!

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
@dzle
Hey when we take shots at eachother were just messing right?

Cause I do think your a cool guy and respect you

@c!z
Man I'm honest to god trying so hard to get better

I hope everyone knows
I do love the scene.
I try to spread the word about scene I might have found another TL player who is interested in the scene

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
DDD? Yeah, I'll get him with Zelda.

Y'know, if I keep talking like this, I should plan on seriously coming to a tournament....

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to Kev and Chris for representing Utah today!! I entered doubles with HebrewHammer and we did pretty well. Kev and Chris lost to DSF and Tyrant but came back through loser's to beat them in five games only to lose to M2K and Fow in Grand Finals. Who knew a Rob and Sonic could be so good!

Since an addition to our ride bailed out last second, we were short on money and only Chris was able to enter singles. He went all the way to Winner's Finals and Grand Finals beating FOW 2-1, Tyrant 2-0. DSF 2-0, losing to M2K 0-3, beating Tyrant AGAIN 3-2 in Loser's finals. He was able to take M2K, the best MK and
Brawl player in the world, to game 5 of the first set where he lost 2-3.

So yeah, he's pretty dang good.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Dang. Utah represent indeed. Perhaps I'll have to come some time to one of these to get some recordings for youtube ^^

Staz

Smash Lord
congrats chris and kevin my BROS for getting second in doubles and x for getting 2nd in singles you guys did amazing

oh and yaz i am sorry i couldnt make it if chris and kevin did that good we would of done pretty dang good too i love you guys hope you are all doing fine

Dekar173

Justice Man
Utah's talents is made up of like 5 people tops. And compared to the rest of the US, even those 5 people aren't anything to like, omg at. I dunno man, if I move, I hope to get better and better at smash. But if I never get all back into competitive smash, my life won't be over.
Double post for great justice.

Then Chris gets 2nd at Sin, taking M2K to game 5 in GFs (something that hasn't been done for a long time).

Dekar173

Justice Man
Yeah, and not only that you guys can learn a lot from your top players, but that it doesn't take a super high population state in order to have great players in your scene ;P

DZLE

Smash Master
Lol true but you don't know chris like I do.

When he says he'll get you better at the game, he'll get your worse so that we all still suck against his sonic :p

(all love X)

Dekar173

Justice Man
Well it's really all about playing smarter than he is. Learn what you can punish, and how. Sonic isn't some unbeatable character, quite the reverse lol.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Are there going to be any smashfests/tourneys in the next couple of weekends in UT?

I want to visit, and hopefully see X. Vegas' kind of died and I don't want to spend the summer in my room.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Are there going to be any smashfests/tourneys in the next couple of weekends in UT?

I want to visit, and hopefully see X. Vegas' kind of died and I don't want to spend the summer in my room.
Well, X is hosting a tournament this Thursday, or there's another tournament on the 8th over here. I won't say anything on terms of smashfests, because I've got no clue on such.

For those of you interested in going to APEX 2010 this year, please post in this travel thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279306
Ugh, New Jersey. Oh well, don't have money anyway.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Right now I think I'm floating mid range though. So, pretty much, it's:

High ranking: A few of the area

Middle ranking: Me

Low ranking: Most of the area

DZLE

Smash Master
Lmao, yeah man you are the only one who is in the middle of the skill gap lemme tell you.
(Looks at r3dd09)
Then again I consider r3dd09 to be one of the betters in Utah when he's on his game.

No offense or anything though Tsuteto, you might be.

Next tourney i'll be going to is Zz's on the 9th. Hopefully everyone is going.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Lmao, yeah man you are the only one who is in the middle of the skill gap lemme tell you.
(Looks at r3dd09)
Then again I consider r3dd09 to be one of the betters in Utah when he's on his game.

No offense or anything though Tsuteto, you might be.

Next tourney i'll be going to is Zz's on the 9th. Hopefully everyone is going.
Edited cuz i dont want people showing up on the wrong date. :p

Also, HOLY **** X, THAT'S EFFING AMAZING!!!

Top Bottom