• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

wangston

Smash Lord
I think that you should have posted your new avatar when you were commemorating your 500th post.

On a side note, I haven't played Killer 7...
No one played Killer 7. I picked it up last year for 7$ at a game stop. It might have been the best $7 I've ever spent. It really is a wonderful game. The story is really what makes the game coupled with the amazing artwork, I would say it's the most beautiful game I've every played. Everything in it is cel shaded and it's like an art master piece. If you ever see the game for cheap I say buy, buy it right then and there.

wangston

Smash Lord
The character rankings are back up!!!! Look who is at the top now!!! Lol what a surprise. Olimar and his perfect camping game has earned him a 7th spot. More importantly some one out there got a win with captain Falcon So he is now 29th.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
ya that is when I tuned in to lol. So what do you think? Hasn't panda sided with OS for more of the points?

And now in the end panda is saying he is more on the side of banning MK.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Banning a character is never a good idea, in my opinion. When a character gets banned, another character becomes top tier. It's difficult to find a place to draw the line. Granted, if a character absolutely breaks the game by being miles about the rest, then it can be an exception; but I don't think Meta Knight is that far ahead of the rest to be one of those exceptions.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Metaknight should be a soft-ban. :p

Snake is next up, but unlike MK, Snake has weaknesses. :(

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its not like Smash would be the first to ban a character, and we have banned items, stages, and AT's before to help better the game I character is no different. A quote from OS "If your a dr. you don't wait for a diease to kill your patience to start die before you cure them."

wangston

Smash Lord
Its not like Smash would be the first to ban a character, and we have banned items, stages, and AT's before to help better the game I character is no different. A quote from OS "If your a dr. you don't wait for a diease to kill your patience to start die before you cure them."
OS opening statement in asking if Brawl was worth saving and his closing statement with the Dr. thing was top tier.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
haha mike, that quote makes no sense. But I'm sure everyone gets the basic idea of it.

And about having to ban other characters after banning meta, it won't work like that. Every other character has weaknesses and counters. MK has none, hence why everyone is whining about wanting him banned..

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ya theres no way snake would be banned, snake may be good but the fact that Meta has NO WEAKNESSES is quite troublesome indeed

imagine pokemon, a game with a decent competitive environment, while it has its tier lists and such, there are 493 different choices to use and only 1 of the entire group has no type weaknesses, thankfully due to the vastness of the cast, this pokemon is still quite beatable, but in a game like brawl where the cast size is small, that luxury of plenty of options isnt there, so metaknight stands out as a trump card rather than a regular contender

(that was my attempt at the debate, i thought i did good :D)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Banning a stage and banning a character are totally different. I've read discussion on banning a character before, and the fact that character banning is a risky business always comes up. People wanted to ban Fox in Melee back then. But whatever, I don't really care all that much about what happens to Meta Knight. As for the Doctor thing, here's what I'm going to say: "In this situation, you're just a Doctor trying to cure the flu of a cancer patient."

ya theres no way snake would be banned, snake may be good but the fact that Meta has NO WEAKNESSES is quite troublesome indeed...
What are you talking about? Ivysaur is Meta Knight's weakness.... ;)

...imagine pokemon, a game with a decent competitive environment, while it has its tier lists and such, there are 493 different choices to use and only 1 of the entire group has no type weaknesses, thankfully due to the vastness of the cast, this pokemon is still quite beatable, but in a game like brawl where the cast size is small, that luxury of plenty of options isnt there, so metaknight stands out as a trump card rather than a regular contender...
That's a horrible example; if I didn't know better, I would think you've never played it. There are two Pokémon that have no weaknesses (and 3 immunities), but they lose not because there are many others; they are just plainly weak (so giving that example does nothing).

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yea Stop whining about it. Deal with it and go on.
Thats what we are doing. When a problem comes up you shouldn't say its there ok that sucks but its there, you say ok how can I fix this. Another example is with grades in school, when you are doing bad in a class should you just say "I am doing bad in this class thats just how it is." or should you say "I am doing bad I should fix this" And the best way to fix it is as early as you can, don't wait until finals.

Banning a stage and banning a character are totally different. I've read discussion on banning a character before, and the fact that character banning is a risky business always comes up. People wanted to ban Fox in Melee back then. But whatever, I don't really care all that much about what happens to Meta Knight. As for the Doctor thing, here's what I'm going to say: "In this situation, you're just a Doctor trying to cure the flu of a cancer patient."

I don't quite see how, its much safer, less expansive and more likly to work along with haveing a much smaller impact on ones life if you try to stop cancer earily rather then later.

Stages were banned because it changed the game to be more about avoiding hasards and out live your opponent in that way. MK has changed the game to be less of how this character stands up against another character and more about how they stand up against MK. Things are changed in the game to make it better for the player and more competitive. I don't see how banning a character is that different then banning a stage, they are both taken out to make the game more about how a player is skilled rather then the character.

I just wanta know if Wangston and I were the only ones to listen to the debate or not?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I don't quite see how, its much safer, less expansive and more likly to work along with haveing a much smaller impact on ones life if you try to stop cancer earily rather then later.
I guess you missed my point. The flu=Meta Knight The cancer=Brawl itself

Stages were banned because it changed the game to be more about avoiding hasards and out live your opponent in that way. MK has changed the game to be less of how this character stands up against another character and more about how they stand up against MK. Things are changed in the game to make it better for the player and more competitive. I don't see how banning a character is that different then banning a stage, they are both taken out to make the game more about how a player is skilled rather then the character.
If banning each stages and characters are of the same degree, than why aren't half the characters banned? The answer is simply because a banning of the character is riskier business, and needs much more discussion. (Now, I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of discussion.) But whatever; ban Meta Knight...it's not like I care much (Meta Knight is boring to play with, anyway).

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I guess you missed my point. The flu=Meta Knight The cancer=Brawl itself
Now I see what your saying, I don't see brawl as bad but from where your sitting I get it now.

If banning each stages and characters are of the same degree, than why aren't half the characters banned? The answer is simply because a banning of the character is riskier business, and needs much more discussion. (Now, I'm not saying that there isn't a lot of discussion.) But whatever; ban Meta Knight...it's not like I care much (Meta Knight is boring to play with, anyway).
I agree it is more risky and it should be taken more seriously then a stage ban, but I keep hereing the arguement "banning is always bad" or "People will laugh at us if we ban a character" we do ban thing, and wouldn't be the first to ban a character.

So you sound neutral on this, Sage and Slave are against it, Xyven says a soft ban (not sure what he means but I would like to try a temp ban if thats what he is saying) what do others think?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Character bans should not happen. He's not that great. Plus he's light as a feather. That's a weakness. If you think a character should be banned don't play the game. Nobody is forcing you to.

Top Bottom