• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Dubba G

Smash Rookie
I want to convince SLC Game Den to hold tourneys on Thursdays or something. Provo is so far...

Jeefwee

Smash Rookie
Anyone in the American Fork area? I've been trying to find some challenging opponents. I'm sort of lacking variety goes as far as people I play against so it would be nice to get some good smashes in.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I believe I've discovered a new way to grab ledge instantly on Fountain of Dreams. I've named it T-Dropping, it is a very fast way to get to ledge and I don't think I've seen anyone else do it before. Here is a short presentation of the tech I did at a local tournament: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TJ-tlpD-NI

To perform a T-Drop, you have to be teetering on the edge of FoD and do a shield pivot. If done correctly, your shield will not pop up, and you will go from the teeter animation to grabbing ledge. You can teeter out of the run animation by first dashing towards the ledge, and then bringing the control stick to neutral position shortly before reaching the ledge. By teeter-canceling the run and then doing a T-Drop out of teeter, you can grab ledge extremely quickly with characters that have fast run speeds. Unfortunately this tech is only possible on FoD because of the grass on the edge of the stage (I think), but it is easy to do if you are able to shield pivot. I have not done an extensive amount of testing, but I believe this method of grabbing ledge is similar to PC dropping. You do not have to be moving to T-Drop, you only have to be teetering on the edge.

I talk briefly about the frame by frame breakdown of the drop in the video, but here it is in text as well:

Frame 0: Teetering on the edge of the stage, dash away from the edge is inputted.

Frame 1: Your character will be in the turn-around animation

Frame 2: Your character will be on the first frame of the dash animation, this is when you push the shield input.

Frame 3: Instead of shielding, you'll be pushed backwards off the stage and grab ledge.

I found out how to T-Drop on accident while I was practicing shield pivots, and I only discovered it about a week ago. This is all the info I have so far about this ledge mechanic. I am limited to a GameCube with 20XX Tournament Edition, so more extensive testing may lead to more significant breakthroughs like T-Dropping on any stage. Thanks for reading through this, I'll try to answer any questions about the tech as best as I can.

I'm posting this around on reddit and shiz trying to get it seen by as many people as possible, do you guys (Utah Thread) know the best place I can post this on smash boards for people to see it?

Edit people are calling it the dingo drop and saying its been around, rip the dream boys I didnt find new tech :(

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Anybody got spare room in their hotel for Genesis?

C!Z

Smash Lord
Sup guys, friendly neighborhood CIZ here. I'm gonna be in town for the next 10 days or so starting tomorrow. What tourneys are happening?

Smash Journeyman
Smash Jam is this Saturday, and I think Salt Lake weeklies are on Wednesdays.

PeachyOli

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourmum.com
Why do my doubles partners always bail before the tourney let alone 2 days before

Last edited:

C!Z

Smash Lord
Anyone in the Sandy area have an extra wii mote or AV cables for a gamecube that I can borrow? I want to practice =/

Edit: Never mind, the issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
Top Bottom