• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Smash Journeyman
*reads last thread page*

Lol wtf going on here? This normal for yall? Lmao
Nah, normally it gets to the point where the Super Moderators come in and tell us how bad we are. Also, if You're coming up from Nevada, You might be able to catch some Melee in Cedar City on Your way to SLC we're so lonely :(

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Nah, normally it gets to the point where the Super Moderators come in and tell us how bad we are. Also, if You're coming up from Nevada, You might be able to catch some Melee in Cedar City on Your way to SLC we're so lonely :(
Lmao! Yall sound like my scene, except all out beef go down on FB where the lame ass Smashboards mods cant get us.

Also, If I still was in Vegas I'd be to happy to stop by Cedar City, but im kinda stuck in a two-horse town up in the northern part of the state. :/

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
But we really did have a few mods assigned to this thread to watch for gangstakirby alts.

but really.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
gkirbz left kafenio before i could money match him for best kirby in utah :(

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Or you can just edit your post. Edit button is in the bottom left of your post. Or left side of the bottom middle on mobile.

Or youre using a forum skin in which case gee ****in gee m8

Dubba G

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have much info on current meets in the Salt Lake/Murray area? I'm trying to get a comic shop up on State to allow some Smash Fests to happen weekly, but not much word yet on the situation. A bit newer to the scene here.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
First post has a link to our document that has all of the info, but here's a quick rundown - biggest thing is on Wed. at 801 Labs where we do a melee and sm4sh tournament. It is $5 venue and $5 entry. I live in Cottonwood Heights (just on the south side of Murry) and do a weekly fest at my place. We also have monthlies that happen every second Saturday of the month, with a cost of $10 for venue and $10 for entry. I know the U of U also does stuff for melee, but I am not certain as to what day that is. A Psychiatrist A Psychiatrist would know more than me about that

Last edited:

Dubba G

Smash Rookie
Alright bellsworth46 bellsworth46 appreciate the info! I've thought of hitting up a few people on the directory for some singles 1v1 sessions/lessons as well as possibly hosting some weekly fests here at my condo in Murray. I'll stop by on Wednesday and check out the place. Hope to meet some chill members of the community.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Alright bellsworth46 bellsworth46 appreciate the info! I've thought of hitting up a few people on the directory for some singles 1v1 sessions/lessons as well as possibly hosting some weekly fests here at my condo in Murray. I'll stop by on Wednesday and check out the place. Hope to meet some chill members of the community.
No problem. I would watch the Facebook page as well. As for Wednesday, I am not sure if one is happening or not due to Tsuteto Tsuteto and myself not going to be here for it (we are the main 2 TOs in the Salt Lake area). @nqztv will know for sure on that and will either post on here or Facebook.

Also, which game do you play (just out of curiosity)?

Edit: Wait, nevermind; I see the solid melee falco icon

Last edited:

Dubba G

Smash Rookie
Yeah currently only Melee at the moment unfortunately. I don't own a Wii U so I can't get any FG practice in or anything like that. Plus I want to learn how to play the faster paced tech skill game for a while until I am able to snag one.

P.S. Falco/Peach Squad all day. SS

P.S.S I may be a bit late, but it's a bit saddening that the Utah scene isn't as active in this forum. I'm looking for people to play with soon, but it's a pain finding locals around the area. I really hope that a tour goes down this week. Really want to get in and learn some things. I've been watching a lot of you on YT. Didn't know some of the best players were right here in good old SLC.

Last edited:

Kdog98

Smash Cadet
I live in West Valley and am probs gonna host a fest over my Winter break, who'd be interested in coming?

PeachyOli

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourmum.com
i don't have exact details yet but one of the teachers at roy high is planning on running tournaments in the labs we just need some splitters and a way to get smash 4 and melee done FAST once we can do that i can say more i'll give more specific details in the future

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
i don't have exact details yet but one of the teachers at roy high is planning on running tournaments in the labs we just need some splitters and a way to get smash 4 and melee done FAST once we can do that i can say more i'll give more specific details in the future
I'm not allowed within 100 yards of a school district. Could you run it at a different location?

PeachyOli

Smash Cadet
NNID
yourmum.com
I'm not allowed within 100 yards of a school district. Could you run it at a different location?
nice well the other catch about this is that they won't have a prize pool they are treating it more like a weekly fundraiser

Dubba G

Smash Rookie
Any word on a tour going on at the Labs tonight? If not, I'm looking for people to train with during the week. I know it's Christmas week, so I doubt anyone can/wants to play Melee, but if/when anyone is free and willing to play shoot me a message.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Any word on a tour going on at the Labs tonight? If not, I'm looking for people to train with during the week. I know it's Christmas week, so I doubt anyone can/wants to play Melee, but if/when anyone is free and willing to play shoot me a message.
The SLC weekly at 801 Labs is still on for tonight. Melee starts at 7 and Smash 4 starts at 8. And BTW, the boards are typically more inconsistent in activity as opposed to the Facebook group.

Dubba G

Smash Rookie
The SLC weekly at 801 Labs is still on for tonight. Melee starts at 7 and Smash 4 starts at 8. And BTW, the boards are typically more inconsistent in activity as opposed to the Facebook group.
Damn, I wish I would have got on to check sooner. I don't use Facebook anymore and locked myself out, but I'll make a new one for Smash if that's the case. I went out and bought a Wii U, Gamecube adapter and Sm4sh so I have the GC and Wii U w/ Melee/Sm4sh I can bring if it's ever needed.

Top Bottom