• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
I wish I had salt with anybody from Nortah, I'd love to do salty suite at HMJ. I might end up being the only Soutah representative there.
u wot m8?
i'll hook u in the gabber
I swear on me mum!

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
FYI - We now have a reoccurring event page here on Smash Boards for the SLC weeklies. RSVP there, or on the Facebook event page. All are welcome!

SmashBoards Event page: http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...ke-city-ut-weeklies-salt-lake-city-ut.413896/
Facebook Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/952813824762018/
can i just say how happysad i am that the utah3ds people are helping out the smash scene? like i'm super happy because we sorely can use the help, but also saddened that no one in the smash community itself is willing to step up :-p.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. SAM 2 is around the corner on the 22nd. i'm still working out the details but it should start at around 12 and end at around 8. If you guys have the possibility of coming please reply and ill keep working hard! thanks! oh and P.C.
I'm still in on that 10$ mm
unless your gonna wimp out.

Fsonic95

Smash Cadet
NNID
fsonic95
I swear my friend is so salty when he plays smash . He swears like a salior and he shouldn't be this salty about smash considering he is 15

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Who gets mad at Smash? Honestly, if theres anything you should be mad at its yourself for being bad, not the game.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I'm willing to go has high as my bank account holds, so I don't know why you'd think I'd wimp out...
Gee you sure re wiling to give me a lot of money. How generous of you.
or naive to underestimate me. Last time I checked, KDJ got good when people under estimated him, well,...
あなたを脅えさせてはいけない

StuBob

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new to the scene, I went to games con @ the sandy expo center. Then went to the weekly last night at 801 labs. What are some of the other events coming up? I overheard that utah has a power ranking for melee players, where is that?

BigK_201

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigK_201
3DS FC
2406-5184-1090
Big thanks to everyone who came out to last night's weekly at 801 Labs in Downtown Salt Lake City. We had recording breaking attendance with 38 entrants in Melee, and 39 for Wii U, with around 70 people total in attendance. With the unexpectedly large turn out, the tournaments did run a little slow (Wii U finally wrapped up around 1:00 AM), so we plan to be better prepared in the future with a few more set-ups. Event pages are already posted for Game Den SMASH - Provo Weeklies and 801 Labs SMASH - Salt Lake City Weekiles on Facebook (the on on SmashBoards is ongoing, obviously) so RSVP to those if you plan on attending. Thanks again everyone. (Also shout out to @ Tsuteto Tsuteto and the Gamer's Abbey crew for helping things run as smooth as possible).

Also took some pictures of the event last night that I posted on the Utah Smash Facebook Group. Check them out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/UtahSmash/permalink/441607119357220/

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
or naive to underestimate me. Last time I checked, KDJ got good when people under estimated him, well,...
あなたを脅えさせてはいけない
Please for the love all things, PLEASE! don't be that guy.

Hey, I'm new to the scene, I went to games con @ the sandy expo center. Then went to the weekly last night at 801 labs. What are some of the other events coming up? I overheard that utah has a power ranking for melee players, where is that?
Hold My Johnson is this weekend come out and experience some Nortah hospitality!
https://www.facebook.com/events/695087103956827/

Last edited:

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Before salt happens I'm going to Vegas instead of HMJ sorry not sorry gotta git gud.

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
So yesterday @deatharchana and I had one of the closest game 3's I've played in a really long time that ended with him winning, and on
Hold My Johnson is a tournament being hosted by the Nortah Boyz in Layton this Saturday 8/15/15, the details can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/695087103956827/

The August Neumont Smash Jam is going to be next Saturday 8/22/15 in downtown Salt Lake, I don't know the exact address or if a page has been created for it yet, but @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 will post about it soon I'm sure.

The Utah Smash Facebook page is probably the best place for up to date tournament and weekly information, you should join the group because everyone posts there. There are links to the power rankings and upcoming events in the pinned post. https://www.facebook.com/groups/UtahSmash/

Here's the power rankings anyways, grey names are out of state players, so if you're curios to what your rank is regarding only Utah players, just count the number of grey names above yours and subtract that from your rank. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8KlDEb7bMoJY3F6b1BQX1loMm8

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman

Pyr

Smash Lord

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
あなたを脅えさせてはいけない
You talk big for someone that's not willing to put up more than $10.

EDIT: Now that I have more time to post, I'll write this as well.
脅える, to become threatened, is an intransitive verb, thus it can't be used with the direct object particle を. You should have used に instead.
If を is used, it would translate to something like, "I can't be made to become threatening you," which is obviously ungrammatical.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Who gets mad at Smash? Honestly, if theres anything you should be mad at its yourself for being bad, not the game.
i get mad at smash 4 online because it's bull**** but it's different when the person is right there next to you i don't get mad

basically online games = adlprage

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
あなたを脅えさせてはいけない
Difference is that you're not KDJ, and he's PerfectChaos... not saying you wont get good by playing him, but he's definitely not an overrated player if that's what you're driving at.

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
I still remember the first time I played against PC. Dear god, I still have the nightmares.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
i get mad at smash 4 online because it's bull**** but it's different when the person is right there next to you i don't get mad

You should play a MOBA

Fsonic95

Smash Cadet
NNID
fsonic95

For glory man more like for salt..
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warefare is not rage inducing...

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
You talk big for someone that's not willing to put up more than $10.

EDIT: Now that I have more time to post, I'll write this as well.
脅える, to become threatened, is an intransitive verb, thus it can't be used with the direct object particle を. You should have used に instead.
If を is used, it'll would translate to something like, "I can't be made to become threatening you," which is obviously ungrammatical.
PC don't 4 stock him before the match even starts

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Who's going to hmj tomorrow and wants to ride me up there. Or for gas money I might be able to ride you up there. HMU if you aren't weird AF. Leaving from Sandy btw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom