• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Smash Journeyman
What time and where is neumont?
https://www.facebook.com/events/503272716516426/
no hes extremely serious and is just crazy in general. very prone to overreaction. he's a PM ness player with no tech skill, doesnt even L cancel

one time in the sotah group someone posted about whos excited excites for lucas in smash 4 and i said "not me i hate earthbound" and then this dude posted a long winded comment about me getting injured in an earthquake or something and when i crawl out barely alive that i should remember to not talk ****, but eat it LOL

i know he thinks im a douche irl but it was like WHOA so unwarranted. guess he rly likes earthbound lol
From the outside, our scene looks like it's just some weird PM scrubs. Just to be clear, we have some Melee players, and some of our PM players are pretty cool too, so please don't think we're just a bunch of crazy people, despite what facebook might lead you to believe.

Fsonic95

Smash Cadet
NNID
fsonic95
This is gonna rustle some jimmies but..
Brawl is the best smash
Melee is overrated
P.M < Brawl minus
goku shouldn't be in smash
Marth < Lucina
the best character ever is pichu

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
This is gonna rustle some jimmies but..
Brawl is the best smash
Melee is overrated
P.M < Brawl minus
goku shouldn't be in smash
Marth < Lucina
not in utah. brawl is utah's best game :-p. people love brawl minus. and a bunch of people have pocket pichus :-p. learn about your scene. the more you know... flying star rainbow trail etc. ;-)

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
It was my understanding that PC already won by destroying him in this thread.
“The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Keep the talking to the comtrollers. Its rather embarassing that you all are getting worked up about a sophmore
I have nothing to lose, no pride, no respect. Nothing, PC in the other hand. I truely hope you beat me. Ill be truly glad to lose to you.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol yeah with at least 2 people who were in the top 100 players in brawl globally (not certain where @Ken Neth, @ -Mars- -Mars- , and Lada match up)
Well me and Devon both got out of our pool at Apex and then had to play each other first round after pools in losers.

Keep the talking to the comtrollers. Its rather embarassing that you all are getting worked up about a sophmore
I have nothing to lose, no pride, no respect. Nothing, PC in the other hand. I truely hope you beat me. Ill be truly glad to lose to you.
You're not going to win, everybody knows this. Nobody is getting worked up about anything. We see this scenario a lot... new kid comes into the scene thinking he's really good because he beats all his little brothers and cousins, calls out a veteran blah blah blah, gets bopped and then we never see them again.

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
Well me and Devon both got out of our pool at Apex and then had to play each other first round after pools in losers.

You're not going to win, everybody knows this. Nobody is getting worked up about anything. We see this scenario a lot... new kid comes into the scene thinking he's really good because he beats all his little brothers and cousins, calls out a veteran blah blah blah, gets bopped and then we never see them again.
I remember that moment for me. Luckily I accepted it and didn't leave and instead focused on getting better. I used to think I was sooooo good haha

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol new player comes in, hasn't lurked enough, hasn't shown up to events, another neighborhood hero acting hard. more news at 5

i mean mars basically said it but i'm desperately trying to retain any semblance of relevance so i'll make a post or whatever

whoever this goofball is, know that we don't blame you, we've seen it time and time again, and we welcome you to the community if you're able to accept that you suck and in all likelihood will suck forever. it's the strive to improve and ability to be humble that we respect. don't be too embarrassed to put in the work once you get your rude awakening

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Scrubby drama aside, I was gonna mention the neumont schedule.

It looks exactly the same as it always has. As in assuming each event will go quickly with no issues and only take two hours. Why do we keep assuming the tourney will magically run this way after multiple tries. Why not just be realistic and not put out a schedule that tells people to show up two hours before the event actually starts?

Unless we're actually going to ban Chris and start the next event while the previous event is going on, I see no reason to make the schedule like this. Why not just give more time to each event?

Oh and now there's street fighter, so that doesn't help.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
lol new player comes in, hasn't lurked enough, hasn't shown up to events, another neighborhood hero acting hard. more news at 5

i mean mars basically said it but i'm desperately trying to retain any semblance of relevance so i'll make a post or whatever

whoever this goofball is, know that we don't blame you, we've seen it time and time again, and we welcome you to the community if you're able to accept that you suck and in all likelihood will suck forever. it's the strive to improve and ability to humble that we respect. don't be too embarrassed to put in the work once you get your rude awakening
come back bb

Kdog98

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think about the crap that is happening with the European smash community? Do you think Leffen and Armada deserve to be punished?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Melee is overrated...
FYI, the only Smash game with Pichu in it is Melee, so you're contradicting yourself. How can a game that has the best character ever possibly be overrated?
whoever this goofball is, know that we don't blame you, we've seen it time and time again, and we welcome you to the community if you're able to accept that you suck and in all likelihood will suck forever. it's the strive to improve and ability to humble that we respect. don't be too embarrassed to put in the work once you get your rude awakening
Pfft! You leave us, not post here for months, then magically come back acting like you're still part of our scene by using the pronoun "we" over and over... :p

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
He's not worked up. Don't put words in people's mouths. He'll take your money later.

OH HI THERE STRANGER

It looks exactly the same as it always has. As in assuming each event will go quickly with no issues and only take two hours. Why do we keep assuming the tourney will magically run this way after multiple tries. Why not just be realistic and not put out a schedule that tells people to show up two hours before the event actually starts?

Unless we're actually going to ban Chris and start the next event while the previous event is going on, I see no reason to make the schedule like this. Why not just give more time to each event?

There's bound to be overlap. Bryce had to run things by himself for the entirety last Neumont, which contributed to lateness. I'll be there this time to assist, as well as Shane.
USFIV is to be handled by the 801 FGC in tournament organization and such, so that's a moot point too.
AKA it'll be fine stop whining like you do every pre-tourney. New system also allows for a timer to start as soon as the match is called. I should probably also make a video for the players to understand how that works for them....

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
FYI, the only Smash game with Pichu in it is Melee, so you're contradicting yourself. How can a game that has the best character ever possibly be overrated?
My favorite Pokemon is Nidoking but my favorite Generation is 5th.

My favorite Street Fighter character is C. Viper but my favorite Street Fighter game is 3rd Strike.

My favorite character from the Fire Emblem series is Cordelia from Awakening but my favorite game from the series is Sacred Stones.

My favorite character of all time is Neku but my absolute favorite game is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

You can prefer a game while still having a favorite character from another game. And in the case of you arguing 'but you didnt say it was overrated', tbh I dont like Street Fighter 4 too much, imo there are at least a few better SF games, yet may favorite Street Fighter character is from SF4.

Last edited:

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman

I kept the exact same schedule because it did run as expected. Each game ran for the expected amount of time, or I overlapped so that the games would start around the same intervals of time that I posted. The 2 hour delay was fully my fault, no ands, ifs, or buts about it (what do you expect with only myself running everything?). This time, though, there is no need to be hacking wiis, I have a reliable capture card right off the bat, I will have help, and every match will have a timer on it. If we run long, it will be due to a massive amount of people showing, which, if we get too many, I already have plans to cut out doubles. My goal is to be no more than an hour late when we hit smash 4 singles, which, being the last game, is fully reasonable.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
He's not worked up. Don't put words in people's mouths. He'll take your money later.

OH HI THERE STRANGER

There's bound to be overlap. Bryce had to run things by himself for the entirety last Neumont, which contributed to lateness. I'll be there this time to assist, as well as Shane.
USFIV is to be handled by the 801 FGC in tournament organization and such, so that's a moot point too.
AKA it'll be fine stop whining like you do every pre-tourney. New system also allows for a timer to start as soon as the match is called. I should probably also make a video for the players to understand how that works for them....
Maybe learn to take constructive criticism rather than tell people to stop whining if you want to be the head T.O. of everything?

No one even complains about how you guys run tournaments. I'm just suggesting a more realistic schedule.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
@ Tsuteto Tsuteto @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 : Speaking of constructive criticism, I've been meaning to bring something up for months. It would be great if you could get in the habit of saying the players' names before the setup number when you're calling a match.

...That is all.

StuBob

Smash Rookie
not in utah. brawl is utah's best game :-p. people love brawl minus. and a bunch of people have pocket pichus :-p. learn about your scene. the more you know... flying star rainbow trail etc. ;-)
I legit. love. minus.
Probably the most fun I have had with smash. it's obviously not as competitive as, say, melee - but man is that crap fun.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Maybe learn to take constructive criticism rather than tell people to stop whining if you want to be the head T.O. of everything?

No one even complains about how you guys run tournaments. I'm just suggesting a more realistic schedule.
It's a little harder to take criticism from people when that person gives the impression to only complain about how things are done. If the schedule fails with both Bryce and I running things, then sure, schedule can be adjusted. But as it stands, it's fine.

@ Tsuteto Tsuteto @ bellsworth46 bellsworth46 : Speaking of constructive criticism, I've been meaning to bring something up for months. It would be great if you could get in the habit of saying the players' names before the setup number when you're calling a match.

...That is all.
Usually I do it both ways at Neumont. Like, "on TV 2 can I get Jekyll and Tsuteto. Once again, Tsuteto and Jekyll on TV 2." Then again, usually have a microphone there and therefore not killing my voice.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
My favorite Pokemon is Nidoking but my favorite Generation is 5th.

My favorite Street Fighter character is C. Viper but my favorite Street Fighter game is 3rd Strike.

My favorite character from the Fire Emblem series is Cordelia from Awakening but my favorite game from the series is Sacred Stones.

My favorite character of all time is Neku but my absolute favorite game is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

You can prefer a game while still having a favorite character from another game. And in the case of you arguing 'but you didnt say it was overrated', tbh I dont like Street Fighter 4 too much, imo there are at least a few better SF games, yet may favorite Street Fighter character is from SF4.
Good job on taking that joke seriously. I didn't really care what a random thought about Melee; especially one that was here to obviously troll.

PS: And Nidoking isn't in Black and White at all?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Good job on taking that joke seriously. I didn't really care what a random thought about Melee; especially one that was here to obviously troll.
Just doing my duty, nothing gets past me sir!
Nope. Like, post game you can trade him over, but in game, only gen 5 pokes. Black & White 2 he might be, dont remember, some older ones are.

Last edited:

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet

My Dreamworld Sheer Force Nidoking would like to have a word with you :p

Razgrizmerc

Smash Cadet
Just doing my duty, nothing gets past me sir!

Nope. Like, post game you can trade him over, but in game, only gen 5 pokes. Black & White 2 he might be, dont remember, some older ones are.
If you had access to the Dreamworld you could bring those pokemon in

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I more mean the normal ingame. You can get any poke in any game so long as they existed at the time.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
I more mean the normal ingame. You can get any poke in any game so long as they existed at the time.
Tell that to a little 6 year old boy who just wanted a Cyndaquil on his Pokemon Ruby.

TELL HIM AND THEN TELL HIM THAT HIS DREAMS NEVER STOP DYING SO HE DOESN'T HAVE TO LEARN THE HARD WAY!

Top Bottom