• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Aerodrome oh Aerodrome we beseech thee in our time of need. @Baky is no longer with us, alas we need to update his thread. Please givest, oh great Aerodrome, this holy day to @ N nqztv

-Mars-

Smash Hero
plate why I shouldn't just jump out and get it all over with in one fleshy splat, rather than endure this constant agony.
Friends, don't shave your asss-hair.
Lolololool I knew I could count on you Sinz

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I've been lying down for hours now. It's 5:35 AM and there's not much I can do. You know what the worst part about my situation is? I'm in the same room with my parents. They keep looking at me, and I can't help but look back and try not to cry or scream. Their eyes are focused on me and their mouths are wide open. There's the strong scent of blood and I feel paralyzed with fear.

Here's the ehting, the second i make any hint that I'm not asleep anymore, I'm completely ****ed. I will die and there's nobody around to save me. I've been trying ot think of a way out but the only idea I have is to rush for the door and run outside the front door and scream for help, hoping my neighbors hear me. It's risky, but if i stay here, I'll surely die. He's waiting for me to wake up and see his masterpiece.

You're probably wondering what's going on, I get ahead of myself sometimes.

About three hours ago, I heard screaming from the other side of the hosue, I got up and went to check on the noise before realizing I had to use the restroom, instead of doing the smart thing and investigating, I used the bathroom first. I could've gotten myself killed right then from my stupid actions. But I actually did my business and took a peek outside the bathroom. There was blood on the carpet. I got very worried and ran back to my rom, hiding under my sheets like the ***** I was. I tried to convince myself to go back to sleep, that it was just some really vivid dream or soemthing.

But I heard the bathroom door open. Like the terrified child I was, I peeked from under my blankets to see what was going on. I could see something dragging my dead parents into the room. It was not human, I can tel you that. It was hairless, with no eyes and no clothing, it walked like a caveman, with its back slouched as it dragged my parents. But this thing was much smarter than any caveman. It was aware of what it was doing.

It propped my dad up on the edge of my bed, and made him face me. It then sat my mother down in the chair and positioned her towards me as well. It then started rubbing its hands upon the wall, staining them with blood and then drew a circle with the devil's pentagram on it. This thing had made what it probably would call a masterpiece. To finish it off, it scribbled a message onto the wal that I could not read in the darkness.

It then positioned itself under my bed, waiting to strike.

The scariest thing now, my eyes have adjusted to the darkness since then and I can read the message on the wall. I don't want to look at it, because it's terrifying to think about. But I feel I need to see, before I'm killed.

I pek at the creature's masterpiece.

"I know you're awake."

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
@ net1234 net1234 if Utah's money isn't enough, there is something of even greater value on the line. On Thursday, July 16, of the year 2015 AD, Phantasma M.D. was wrongly perma-banned from Twitch.tv/PressStartLV for posting the following copypastarino:

"Listen kid you don't want to see my other side. I have a wolf inside me with a muzzle on, but the muzzle is about to come off. You broke her heart, and I will break yours. She is a nice girl, how dare you use her like this. How come people like you get to date her? Then people like me have to sit in the shadows and be the shoulders to cry on. Listen Kid, I don't have time for ****ING games. I am a nice guy, but when you make a nice guy angry; the world shakes. Don't do it again. ... You will regret this the next FULL MOON. You mess with me you mess with the pack bud. **** you. Get ready."

Upon the wrongful persecution of this man who happens to be of African descent (#BlackGate? #TropesVSBlacksInSmashBros?), he whispered to a mod "unban me, nerd". The mod's reply? "lmao dansdaman gonna mess up dat net boy, but if net somehow calls upon the smash g0dz n wins then u can be unbanned from chat" and it was so. So I'm gonna put a solid 0 US dollars and 0 US cents on you and pray you win so my people can be free again.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Guys I don't think I can ****post any harder than whats going on already.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this post goes here but i'm looking for a melee practice partner
I would also post in the FB group (look at the first post for the link). I don't know too many people who live in that area that you are at, but if you are willing to travel a bit you should be able to find someone relatively easily

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
I had a good sm4sh run last night. Had the filthiest ganondorf set, and had good success with Rosalina. Also had a close set against Haz with Link.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
The first qualifier in Orem for Game Changerz is coming up tomorrow night, located at The Wall on BYU! Check the event page for details for the awesome prizes you can win from them, get those ranking points for the grand event in September, and earn up to a $150 shopping spree, a lifetime membership, AND a trophy that forever immortalizes your name! As always, expect the same quality with Gamer's Abbey tournaments at the event.

For questions, please feel free to ask at the Game Changerz page (www.facebook.com/TheGameChangerz). Venue opens at 5:30.

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/724852484292151/

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys its just three days till SAM and im asking that you all come if you are available that day! (Monday the 20th) this thing is new i recognize that!!! but, it will be something worth attending i promise that! We also have a new trophy, that the winner pf melee singles will win along with fifty ppercent of the pot (second will earn 35 percent and third will earn 15) a custom made controler shell will be awarded to the winner and these things, look cool and yes i know i sound like a dork saying sounds tlike a dork thong when i say that but i truley beleive it. sign up for all the brackerts are zbouut an hour before and last right up till the bracket starts so being there early will leave opportunity to play friendslies etc. cant wait to see as many of you a will come. my name is OkayP. or irl Alex im typing theis on a crap tablet so im sorry about spelling but whatevs. the link to the official schedule is in the link below thanks GUYS!!!!
!http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...tain-1-american-fork-ut.409486/#post-19630741

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
why is twitch chat leaking? -_-;;

Im not sure what the other ones offer
not trying to be rude, but why haven't you been to the events already established? it seems weird that you want everyone to attend your event, but you're not willing to attend other's. it's a lot easier to get people to come if they've met you before :-p.

I'm looking for the same thing. I'm in Ogden looking for local tournaments.
get up to logan and play @ Sinz Sinz et al. they're probably the closest people to you who enjoy pm and play it at a decent level.

Aerodrome oh Aerodrome we beseech thee in our time of need. @Baky is no longer with us, alas we need to update his thread. Please givest, oh great Aerodrome, this holy day to @ N nqztv
why me?

I guess the rankings got updated recently. I'm back above Net without having to play him, for some reason.
And it looks like @RVKYS has to leave on his mission being 60 points below @BillNyeTheSamusGuy.
ya, who highlighted that? i couldn't believe it myself, but i checked, and his wins against DRyu and A Psychiatrist were significant boosts to his score :-p.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey guys its just three days till SAM and im asking that you all come if you are available that day! (Monday the 20th) this thing is new i recognize that!!! but, it will be something worth attending i promise that! We also have a new trophy, that the winner pf melee singles will win along with fifty ppercent of the pot (second will earn 35 percent and third will earn 15) a custom made controler shell will be awarded to the winner and these things, look cool and yes i know i sound like a dork saying sounds tlike a dork thong when i say that but i truley beleive it. sign up for all the brackerts are zbouut an hour before and last right up till the bracket starts so being there early will leave opportunity to play friendslies etc. cant wait to see as many of you a will come. my name is OkayP. or irl Alex im typing theis on a crap tablet so im sorry about spelling but whatevs. the link to the official schedule is in the link below thanks GUYS!!!!
!http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-...tain-1-american-fork-ut.409486/#post-19630741
Unfortunately, plans with a cute girl have come up, and I'll be with her on that day. Sorry!
LOL Probably @BillNyeTheSamusGuy. Who else could it be?
That reminded me that I needed to do something to it, though.
I'm thinking so too. But, at the same time, thinking of an adjustment in terms of permissions if possible....
Anyone going to Evo?
Several people. How about when you're in Utah next you come to an event and show people how Peach is actually played (since they keep running into my down smash)? XD

REMINDER: Smash event tonight at The Wall. Go, support your local scene, all that stuff. Here's the post:
The first qualifier in Orem for Game Changerz is coming up tomorrow night, located at The Wall on BYU! Check the event page for details for the awesome prizes you can win from them, get those ranking points for the grand event in September, and earn up to a $150 shopping spree, a lifetime membership, AND a trophy that forever immortalizes your name! As always, expect the same quality with Gamer's Abbey tournaments at the event.

For questions, please feel free to ask at the Game Changerz page (www.facebook.com/TheGameChangerz). Venue opens at 5:30.

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/724852484292151/

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Added a new column to the rankings, as well, just now. Figured it'd be useful. Took a bit to figure out how to do that exactly without needing to sort the columns by score.
What'd you think, @ N nqztv ?

Last edited:

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Watching Bizzarro moonwalk all over people in pools is one of the best things I've ever watched.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I still dont know how the rankings point system works ;(

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
@Pyr
http://evo2015.s3.amazonaws.com/brackets/ssb4_f33.html

EDIT: after watching K9Bruce vs Captain Awesum, I'm for banning specific customs that are problematic like the tripping tree. Id rather watch a Dabuz ditto match compared to the bull**** that was what I witnessed. (and I used those customs as well)

Last edited:

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
I highlighted it. @ N nqztv combine the one who measures distances in melee with meleeruler, like it's supposed to be (he entered under a false name).

Also what are the responsibilities for the locator thread? Just uploading brackets and stuff? I'm 100% down if I can get people to send me bracket files every tournament.

How do you even change the op?

Last edited:

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796
I did, but not to the extent of captain awesum.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
why is twitch chat leaking? -_-;;

not trying to be rude, but why haven't you been to the events already established? it seems weird that you want everyone to attend your event, but you're not willing to attend other's. it's a lot easier to get people to come if they've met you before :-p.

get up to logan and play @ Sinz Sinz et al. they're probably the closest people to you who enjoy pm and play it at a decent level.

why me?

ya, who highlighted that? i couldn't believe it myself, but i checked, and his wins against DRyu and A Psychiatrist were significant boosts to his score :-p.
to answer your question, for the same reason im holding the tourney , my parents are extremely conservative and really the would like me to hod tourney in a close enviornment so that i can meet you guys and erally know what exctly im getting myself into before i go to weeklies or neumont etc. thats also why im pushing so hard because i need eople to come to make t realy worht anything to my parents. im a 14 yr old mormon kid from alpine i mean not exactly are my parents good on the idea of me going to a college campus playing with dudes a lot older than me but im hoping this will warm them up to the idea while i am holding the toruney.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
This is really my way of trying to grow into the scene and to let my parents warm up to the scene as well.
#noEDITBUTTONneeded
even if you personally cant come guys, PLEASEspread the word or call other smashers you might know who could come because this scene means a lot to me being a n outcast highschool student ansd i really would like to meet and play and have fun with you all. so again please, if you know anyone please compel them to come

Last edited:
Top Bottom