• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Thank You To All Of Those Who Participated In SAM1!!! It In My Opinion Was A Great Success And I Hope You Enjoyed It. The Next SAM Should Take Place Late August As A Kind Of "Back To School" Sort Of Event. And I Hope For It To Be Far Better Than SAM1. Also, I Am Working On Making It To Some Of Tsuteto's And Other Weeklies! Thank You All For Being Supportive And Cool Last Night, As More SAMs Go On, My Team And I Will Become More Experienced And Skilled At Smash, And Running Tourneys.
Thanks!!!

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this is inappropriate for this thread, but I'll ask anyways...

So I'm going to be moving to Utah from SoCAL in August. Is there a big scene in UT for sm4sh? It's huge here in soCAL so I'm trying to get myself prepared to leave that behind

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

So I'm going to be moving to Utah from SoCAL in August. Is there a big scene in UT for sm4sh? It's huge here in soCAL so I'm trying to get myself prepared to leave that behind
We have some good smash 4 players here for you :)

Frost, Lada, and a few others are pretty good :)

Shane M

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrchoochootwain
3DS FC
4656-8139-1796

EDIT: sorry, phone wouldn't let me hit a text and it posted a blank.

There is a scene in Utah for sure, and you can find the listings on the first page.

Depending on what your normal standings are in SoCal, you might be ahead of the majority of players, myself included. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but were frankly outclassed right now. Vegas ended up bopping us in our last regional in Sm4sh, and some of our better players from my understanding don't exactly practice this version.

Provo seems to have a bigger showing for Sm4sh in their bi weeklys, but SLC seems to have a more stable group that comes every week.

Good news is that if you haven't unlocked your Wii U, I can upload the EVO customs onto your console with my 3DS. I've done so many that I lost count, and you certainly wont be the last.

Last edited:

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

The Utah Smash Facebook group is generally a better place to get info about upcoming events.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but making a Sheik guide is wasted efforts, considering most people won't even bother reading one made by a new Smasher (and especially since there are plenty of other resources available on here already).
Thank you for the advice but i am writing the guide to please me not other people. perhaps you could lead me to some other guides because i havent been able to find ANY in the year and a half ive played sheik.

Last edited:

Stitch4

Smash Cadet
Okay, Now I'm over you. How's about you stop being the pessimist of the week. I'm sure your a cool guy irl, but on here, at least to me, your being a ****. If you read the guide you would actually realize, there are not any In depth Sheik guides anywhere on the boards. I didn't write this guide for your praise. I don't need your praise, or approval. Would it be nice? sure but i don't need it.
I may be new to the community, but ive been able to beat people who have been in it far longer than me. you act like a high school jock who wont let new people in. well i'm the one in highschool. and i'm trying to make my self known, is that so bad? or are you afraid ill advance too quickly for you to keep up wit?
This is what Smashboards is all about.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
Okay, Now I'm over you. How's about you stop being the pessimist of the week. I'm sure your a cool guy irl, but on here, at least to me, your being a ****. If you read the guide you would actually realize, there are not any In depth Sheik guides anywhere on the boards. I didn't write this guide for your praise. I don't need your praise, or approval. Would it be nice? sure but i don't need it.
I may be new to the community, but ive been able to beat people who have been in it far longer than me. you act like a high school jock who wont let new people in. well i'm the one in highschool. and i'm trying to make my self known, is that so bad? or are you afraid ill advance too quickly for you to keep up wit?
try not to take offense so easily (especially when none is given). it's an important life skill. what he said--though stated rather matter of factly--seems to not be in any way him trying to be "a ****" to you. that's all on your end. don't burn bridges before you even meet the guy. there's a lot you can learn from him.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I smell an internet argument. Zzgashi get the **** in here. The gloves are off.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well this is a bit extreme.

You realize PC is the best Sheik in our area right? He just was stating that most information pertaining to Sheik is already established.

You need to calm down man.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
No offense, but making a Sheik guide is wasted efforts, considering most people won't even bother reading one made by a new Smasher (and especially since there are plenty of other resources available on here already).
I might be "OkayP." but your barely "okay"

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
Get ****ed dude

****us glad I got to know you and own your falcon for a bit. Going to miss ****ing up that falcon for two years
yo. my dude. rocky will always have my heart as best falcon. there's seems to be some disconnect on who was beating who by the end though lmao

for reals though, it's been awesome playing and meeting everyone. melee is an amazing game, but I don't know if I would still be playing it if it weren't for all the homies. #provoprivilege is real. we got the sickest smashers around.

anyways im out for two years, when i come back expect me to still be better than billnye. i expect a falcon on top of the rankings. but most importantly i expect all yall homies to still be playing smash

PEACE UTAH

ps this guy above me is kinda a fuccboi. but im sure he has tons of great info on sheik from his 4 months in the scene.

prolly shouldn't have said that. oh well see yall in 2!

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
see, its not hard to cause anger through just words, think of it like, like mango. i know hoow to piss people off on the boards. also im a teenager if you didnt see i dont have cash. but i mean, ill do a five buck mm. any day anytime. but before you play me, note, i WILL mm you over and over, its my thing, i played 4 1 buck mm yesterday, and guess what ha, im learning. but really does a mm win mean anything? i think a true skilled player knows when to admit someone is better than him. dude, im new im not saying im better than you infact youd probably three stock me.

Dr[?}

Smash Cadet
EDIT: sorry, phone wouldn't let me hit a text and it posted a blank.

There is a scene in Utah for sure, and you can find the listings on the first page.

Depending on what your normal standings are in SoCal, you might be ahead of the majority of players, myself included. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, but were frankly outclassed right now. Vegas ended up bopping us in our last regional in Sm4sh, and some of our better players from my understanding don't exactly practice this version.

Provo seems to have a bigger showing for Sm4sh in their bi weeklys, but SLC seems to have a more stable group that comes every week.

Good news is that if you haven't unlocked your Wii U, I can upload the EVO customs onto your console with my 3DS. I've done so many that I lost count, and you certainly wont be the last.
I've played friendlies with a lot of the guys out here, but I'm definitely nothing special. As long as there's a group to play and grow with, then I'm happy. I may take you up on your offer for customs lol, I've been so against them (and lazy) that I haven't even tried to get them all.

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
Yo, I am new to the area and live in Layton. I was wondering what the turn out is like for melee at the Layton Weeklys.

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
Yo, I am new to the area and live in Layton. I was wondering what the turn out is like for melee at the Layton Weeklys.
It depends, it can be great or bad. Last week had a ton of people go though, so that was awesome. A lot of people that go play Melee and we usually have a crowd of Smash 4 players as well.

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
It depends, it can be great or bad. Last week had a ton of people go though, so that was awesome. A lot of people that go play Melee and we usually have a crowd of Smash 4 players as well.
Oh cool. I'm looking to get in smash shape for the SLC tournament on Friday. So, I was considering going down to the SLC weekly if there is not a big Layton melee crowd. But, I'll come check it out tomorrow. What is the mix of players like?

A Psychiatrist

Smash Apprentice
yo. my dude. rocky will always have my heart as best falcon. there's seems to be some disconnect on who was beating who by the end though lmao

for reals though, it's been awesome playing and meeting everyone. melee is an amazing game, but I don't know if I would still be playing it if it weren't for all the homies. #provoprivilege is real. we got the sickest smashers around.

anyways im out for two years, when i come back expect me to still be better than billnye. i expect a falcon on top of the rankings. but most importantly i expect all yall homies to still be playing smash

PEACE UTAH

ps this guy above me is kinda a fuccboi. but im sure he has tons of great info on sheik from his 4 months in the scene.

prolly shouldn't have said that. oh well see yall in 2!
I'll body you with my Marth when you get back $1 MM Bo5

can someone send me a link to the power rankings??
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...N0oe4766T6E2hS-PkvdgabT-Q/edit#gid=1092347101

Oh cool. I'm looking to get in smash shape for the SLC tournament on Friday. So, I was considering going down to the SLC weekly if there is not a big Layton melee crowd. But, I'll come check it out tomorrow. What is the mix of players like?
We're a mid level scene that is pretty new, a small group has been around since the brawl era but there are a lot of up and coming people in the scene. I see that you are a Falcon main, we have a **** load of Falcons that can teach you about tech and stuff. I would recommend you go to the SLC weekly and meet the smashers there, a lot of the good Provo players also tend to show up. Our other top players live around you (I think) and you'll probably see them at the Ogden and Layton weeklies, but I have no idea what goes on way up there in Nortah so you'll have to talk to one of those guys about it.

Obligatory edit lmao @ whoever highlighted BillNye and RVCKYS in the rankings

Last edited:

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
I'll body you with my Marth when you get back $1 MM Bo5

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...N0oe4766T6E2hS-PkvdgabT-Q/edit#gid=1092347101

We're a mid level scene that is pretty new, a small group has been around since the brawl era but there are a lot of up and coming people in the scene. I see that you are a Falcon main, we have a **** load of Falcons that can teach you about tech and stuff. I would recommend you go to the SLC weekly and meet the smashers there, a lot of the good Provo players also tend to show up. Our other top players live around you (I think) and you'll probably see them at the Ogden and Layton weeklies, but I have no idea what goes on way up there in Nortah so you'll have to talk to one of those guys about it.

Obligatory edit lmao @ whoever highlighted BillNye and RVCKYS in the rankings
Thanks! hope to see you irl soon! also i am trying to get a head start on SAM2 would you be able to and or willing to attend? late august?
Also where do i go or what do i do to be added to the rankings?? and any chance SAM could help decide them in the future when we have a more consistant and larger attendance?

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I smell an internet argument. Zzgashi get the **** in here. The gloves are off.
Ayyyyyy
Go to Evo but not your own local scene? Could you be anymore whack?
Well tbh I dont really have time to play Smash anymore, im always working when Smash stuff is happening, Evo I went to cuz a bunch of friends needed one more and I just mainly went for the spectating side of it. Entered Sm4sh just for the hell of it and actually almost got out of pools, just I lost to D3 and the dong lel.

Last edited:

DrPhantasma

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrPhantasma
3DS FC
3325-3045-0409
I'd go to the SLC weekly tomorrow to be honest. Myself, along with a couple others who often attend the Layton weekly, are going to SLC tomorrow.

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
I'd go to the SLC weekly tomorrow to be honest. Myself, along with a couple others who often attend the Layton weekly, are going to SLC tomorrow.
Good to know. In that case I probably will make the journey down and check out the Layton weeklies next week.

Roguay

Smash Journeyman
there is a decent melee crowd in layton but this week we're going to slc

Top Bottom