• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Does Devon also have a falcon? or is it just because we've both almost beaten him?

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
It's tomorrow from 5:30, with the bracket starting at 6:30, it will go until we finish with should be around 9 but will probably be ~10. We'll be playing melee this week and probably every week.

edit: since I see Jekyll is viewing the thread, are you still in Utah rn? How long are you staying?

Last edited:

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
The SLC weeklies go late, like past midnight on the week that i went.

Yeah I dunno if Devon has a falcon but he said he's just gonna nair a lot soooooooooo idk

how much are the U of U weeklies?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
so apparently @BillNyeTheSamusGuy has never had boba before, so we're gonna hit up the vietnamese district and grab some dinner and boba before or after either the u of u weekly on thursday or the salt lake weekly on friday. anyone wanna join us?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ A Psychiatrist A Psychiatrist what did you change in the utah smash events google doc?

ok, let's do this people. since the u of u thing starts at 5:30, i'm hoping we could get done at like 8:30ish. i know people will wanna play friendlies and such, but since gossip closes at 10, let's try to get there by at least 9pm (you can always play more friendlies at the salt lake weekly on friday ;-)).

if for some reason it doesn't work out tomorrow, let's do friday before the salt lake weekly for an early meal since i'll probably be busy running things during the salt lake weekly.

edit: nvm, @ A Psychiatrist A Psychiatrist , i found it. i put the entry back up for the u of u weekly.

Last edited:

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
ok i posted this same page with no context but lemme splain it a sec

this is southern utah's first big tournament, like we're looking at vegas coming up and some of yall coming down. this event is for charity, so the prizes won't be cash, but instead maybe gift cards or somethin cute.

if you're wondering if this trip to st george is worth it you better believe it because we're growing at a really good pace with our weeklies hitting around 20 people since january and we hit 29 people at our last one. with some vegas players and you guys coming down, the turnout will be insane and we are preparing for it.

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
It kinda makes me sad that most smash players in in southern utah. hardly any in central or northern utah

Jekyll

Smash Ace
What do you mean? I'm fairly new to this site and just by random googling and using facebook I couldn't find really anything for central or northern utah
There was a tournament at Neumont University in the past couple of weeks that got 67 entrants for melee. The scene up here is actually larger than SoTah, from what I understand.

Take a look at the first page. There's a "Utah Events Directory" link that has a lot of recurring and upcoming events listed.

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean? I'm fairly new to this site and just by random googling and using facebook I couldn't find really anything for central or northern utah
Also, there's a thread or something here in Smashboards that used to be updated by Baky but idk who's in charge of it now, that has info of a lot of Utah's smashers, mostly with people from Provo on up

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
yep northern utah is the bigger scene the southern utah scene just barely learned how to walk. we're toddlers

Last edited:

Aeriden

Smash Apprentice
that's crazy. I'm surprised I've been in the dark for so long and that I had no idea that any of this was going on

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
I see the term "SoTah", "NorTah", and "Central Utah" thrown around a lot in this thread. So in effort to clear up this confusion I've taken it upon myself to inform you all of Utah's state boarders.

Now that we have that cleared up please take notice of what state you fall into and please direct any further non-utah related posts to the correct smash boards thread and/or facebook group. This has been an unofficial official Pumpinz public service announcement.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
so if salt lake city is in arizona, does that mean the salt lake crew can recruit mew2king and axe for the ogden v slc crew battle?

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I see the term "SoTah", "NorTah", and "Central Utah" thrown around a lot in this thread. So in effort to clear up this confusion I've taken it upon myself to inform you all of Utah's state boarders.

Now that we have that cleared up please take notice of what state you fall into and please direct any further non-utah related posts to the correct smash boards thread and/or facebook group. This has been an unofficial official Pumpinz public service announcement.
What program did you use for this? Could my computer handle it? Did you major in cartography?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
When I lived in St. George I couldn't even find 1 person to Smash with, now there's a scene and **** wtf

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman

I guess that you don't need to come then when I host a monthly, huh, seeing as we are not in the same state and all

Last edited:

samster

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamHdez
Omg, I didn't know there was a Smash thing at the U of U, mah skool. Can someone update me on this? I'd like to be a part of it :D

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
realtalk @ Pumpinz Pumpinz thats the best mspaint writing ive ever seen. i mean look at that U in Utah it's got a tail and everything

Top Bottom