• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Sandfall

Stage Designer
So what's with all the PM hate? Obviously I like Melee more, but imo its still the second best smash game.
It's just the stigma of being a mod combined with the same type of petty attitudes that Brawl/Sm4sh players get from Melee elitists all the time.

Smash Journeyman
The subtle differences between PM and Melee mean that Melee players have to learn new things to be good at PM instead of just playing the same characters the same way, and the ones that put a lot of time into Melee might not like that. It bothers me when people say PM is just "worse" or "easy" Melee because they feel like 2 different games to me.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
i don't think ben uses smashboards that often. you'll have better luck on the byu smashers facebook page.

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Hey @ N nqztv , have you noticed some issues with nintendon't? I think I'm going to switch to dios mios.
1. The music keeps cutting out.
2. The control is kind of wonky (e.g. you can't hold L part way down to disable light shield, strange zeroing) (I think enabling native control fixes this, but not sure)

I guess that's it, still I think mios is going to be better for me, and even though nintendon't is a cool project I'm not using a wiiu... so might as well go with what works. Are you still using nintendon't setups at the weeklies? any thoughts?

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
the music cutting out is a known issue, but it's never been a big deal since it's just bgm. it's never happened too often to me and usually it's been temporary. i haven't noticed number 2, but i'll keep my eye out for it now.

i still prefer nintendont over dios mios. nintendont is actively developed and dios mios sometimes wouldn't start up for me. plus with nintendont, you can still use the disc drive if you need to.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's just the stigma of being a mod combined with the same type of petty attitudes that Brawl/Sm4sh players get from Melee elitists all the time.
I know it just must be inconceivable to you, but maybe people just don't like it?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
The subtle differences between PM and Melee mean that Melee players have to learn new things to be good at PM instead of just playing the same characters the same way, and the ones that put a lot of time into Melee might not like that. It bothers me when people say PM is just "worse" or "easy" Melee because they feel like 2 different games to me.
As someone who doesnt play Melee or PM much, PM feels way easier imo.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey @ N nqztv , have you noticed some issues with nintendon't? I think I'm going to switch to dios mios.
1. The music keeps cutting out.
2. The control is kind of wonky (e.g. you can't hold L part way down to disable light shield, strange zeroing) (I think enabling native control fixes this, but not sure)

I guess that's it, still I think mios is going to be better for me, and even though nintendon't is a cool project I'm not using a wiiu... so might as well go with what works. Are you still using nintendon't setups at the weeklies? any thoughts?
Dios Mios is a lot better in my opinion. I've had a lot less issues using it.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
If you're going to call us Melee elitests I'm going to start calling you guys PM victims.
Go for it brah. Preferring Melee over PM doesn't make you a Melee elitist. Making snarky comments directed towards the players of other Smash games makes you a Melee elitist.

Anyway, my work for PM is mostly comprised of casual "for fun" stages, so it doesn't really bother me if the Utah scene doesn't like the game (since competitive players aren't the target audience for my stuff anyway). Play what you enjoy, but don't be a jerk about it.

Last edited:

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice
Chances are I'm going to beat most of you at any of the smash games so what's the point in arguing about games? Argue about who's better

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Go for it brah. Preferring Melee over PM doesn't make you a Melee elitist. Making snarky comments directed towards the players of other Smash games makes you a Melee elitist.

Anyway, my work for PM is mostly comprised of casual "for fun" stages, so it doesn't really bother me if the Utah scene doesn't like the game (since competitive players aren't the target audience for my stuff anyway). Play what you enjoy, but don't be a jerk about it.
Well all I know is crying like a little ***** about an obvious joke makes you a PM victim.

Smash Journeyman
I think getting more people here to play any Smash game would be a start.

devo_

Smash Apprentice

Joking aside, there's no need to get all worked up over my comment :p
I'm sorry if it offended you.

On another note, has Sm4sh Wii U caught on at all in Utah? I've been wanting to play somewhere other than online.
Ehh not really. A lot of my casual friends seem to enjoy it but local Springville tourneys still stick to Melee/PM

Tuesday

Smash Ace
nvmd I got it working lol. First guy I played ragequit so hard after losing to my G&W lololololol

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
yO IM WORKIN MY *** OFF TO MAKE PPL PLAY MELEE HERE OK
We should just have a spare screen dedicated to playing the doc at our weeklies. That's how I got into Melee.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I'll support the slc weekly to its fullest. I will even bring chips and salsa.

Do we know what day of the week it'll be? Also how is there a venue like in the heart of downtown? Is it a hotel or something?

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
feb 20th $1000 melee tourney in vegas with hugs westballz and m2k whos going

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received

Hey @ Sandfall Sandfall , maybe if you keep working hard they will let you make a real map. ayyyy lmaoooo

Sickening collusion

inb4 ban

PM player gonna PM

#FreeMotha****ingGKirbz

see ya on the Facebook group

kpeaceoutbye

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I'll support the slc weekly to its fullest. I will even bring chips and salsa.

Do we know what day of the week it'll be? Also how is there a venue like in the heart of downtown? Is it a hotel or something?
Plot twist, the venue is a Mexican restaurant and they already have chips and salsa.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah...

I'm pretty happy that I'm not associating with this scene anymore.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Hey @ Sandfall Sandfall , maybe if you keep working hard they will let you make a real map. ayyyy lmaoooo

Sickening collusion

inb4 ban

PM player gonna PM

#FreeMotha****ingGKirbz

see ya on the Facebook group

kpeaceoutbye
My favorite part is that this is only a warning, not even an infraction.

Top Bottom