• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
Hey guys hope your Wednesday is going well! Tomorrow at the weeklies in Ogden will be a money bracket! $2 entry. No venue venue fee at Hastings in North Ogden if you need the address feel free to ask. Doors open at 5:30. Bracket will start at 6:00-6:30

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
Except it was unnecessary, sub-optimal, meteor-cancellable, not new, and literally the least-impressive thing he did the entire set.
forgive me for feeding the trolls, but I found it hecka interesting that this was actually a really complex mix up

"Also more insight as to why this worked:

A wobbles thing that looks very similar is this but wobbles rises up with a sweet spot bair.
Wobbles does it a lot, and its one of his signature things.

Knowing this, west was most likely inputting up DI (which you normally would for a handoff anyway)

But you cant meteor cancel while holding up.

Another thing, if nana had kept pummeling, the fair would have locked him in grab for a little longer (same concept as wobbling) and it would be likely wobbles could then react again to the throw animation.

TL;DR wobbles is stupid smart and covers hella options while being stylish."

-not my words I found it on melee social

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Wobbles didn't plan any of that. He was going to bair and just threw out a different hitbox because Nana unexpectedly pummeled and threw off his timing. I mean, yeah it's option coverage but honestly we're playing Da Vinci Code with this goofy, unplanned turn of events.

Also, I said that seriously (ICs is also my account lol). I wasn't trolling. I play Wobbles and see him play here in Texas very often, and as an IC main I get really frustrated when people gasp and gfycat things that are standard and normal for ICs, but when he does something truly cool nobody even notices it. He does a cross-platform handoff to fsmash on Yoshi's (guaranteed btw) and everyone loses their minds. He does a pivot fsmash Nana boost grab desync (frame perfect and the hardest of reads) and the crowd goes mild. It's worse than people cheering for Falcon stomp to knee.

Well, almost.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wobbles didn't plan any of that. He was going to bair and just threw out a different hitbox because Nana unexpectedly pummeled and threw off his timing. I mean, yeah it's option coverage but honestly we're playing Da Vinci Code with this goofy, unplanned turn of events.

Also, I said that seriously (ICs is also my account lol). I wasn't trolling. I play Wobbles and see him play here in Texas very often, and as an IC main I get really frustrated when people gasp and gfycat things that are standard and normal for ICs, but when he does something truly cool nobody even notices it. He does a cross-platform handoff to fsmash on Yoshi's (guaranteed btw) and everyone loses their minds. He does a pivot fsmash Nana boost grab desync (frame perfect and the hardest of reads) and the crowd goes mild. It's worse than people cheering for Falcon stomp to knee.

Well, almost.
But under represented character doing good get crowd hype cuz stuff is stuff

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
alright ya bums, to all those clamoring for a salt lake weekly, i've talked to some people and got a venue that we can use. it will be a saturday weekly that goes from 1pm--6pm. that will avoid lunch and dinner times so people aren't leaving to get food and such in the middle of tourney. it will also make it so it doesn't take up your weekend night plans. it will be located around 200 south 300 east in dowtown salt lake.

i'll be out of town for a week and we still have some things to work out, but expect it to start no earlier than saturday the 24th, and probably on the 31st since neumont is on the 25th. we will also probably do a $5 venue, and $3 buy-in like at the game den weeklies. if you have any questions, comments, suggestions before it get's rolling, let me know.

this is the second time a weekly has started in the salt lake valley, so if this fails, i don't know what to tell you. come out and support it, or be content without a weekly in salt lake :-p.

net1234

Smash Ace
alright ya bums, to all those clamoring for a salt lake weekly, i've talked to some people and got a venue that we can use. it will be a saturday weekly that goes from 1pm--6pm. that will avoid lunch and dinner times so people aren't leaving to get food and such in the middle of tourney. it will also make it so it doesn't take up your weekend night plans. it will be located around 200 south 300 east in dowtown salt lake.

i'll be out of town for a week and we still have some things to work out, but expect it to start no earlier than saturday the 24th, and probably on the 31st since neumont is on the 25th. we will also probably do a $5 venue, and $3 buy-in like at the game den weeklies. if you have any questions, comments, suggestions before it get's rolling, let me know.

this is the second time a weekly has started in the salt lake valley, so if this fails, i don't know what to tell you. come out and support it, or be content without a weekly in salt lake :-p.
HYPE dude im dying for a slc weekly thanks for pullin through

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman

I'm here to aware you guys of the HOTTEST weekly in utah!

26 melee entrants 30+ people total playing friendlies and not a PM setup in sight!

2$ entry, no venue fee, and net1234 doesn't show up.

Thursday 5:00 PM - 10:30 Bracket starts at 6:30ish

340 East 525 North
Ogden, UT 84404

it sick

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
dragonball gt isn't canon... so what you're saying is that it didn't really happen? jk jk, good stuff. glad to see you guys having some success up there! keep it up!

also, why no stream? i know you have a capture care, @ Pumpinz Pumpinz ;-).

Last edited:

net1234

Smash Ace

26 melee entrants 30+ people total playing friendlies and not a PM setup in sight!

340 East 525 North
Ogden, UT 84404

it sick
man now i gotta go up there so yalls will quit thinking ur good

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
sinz ur gonna have to admit pm is terrible one of these days.
Maybe it's the nostalgia, but I have been liking melee more than PM lately. In my head PM should be better with a more balanced roster and more characters, but there's something about melee that just keeps me playing it

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
sinz ur gonna have to admit pm is terrible one of these days.
I've completely lost my love for melee and still like pm a hell of a lot more than that.

Last edited:

Ace of Kings

Smash Rookie
NorTah Hastings Weekly Bracket Results (Jan. 8th)

1. Roguay
2. Baby
3. Pumpinz
4. Logos
5. Messiah
5. Shiro
7. Kelso
7. 2 Johns
9. Charlizard
9. Flaz
9. XL
9. Amm0
13. AsharaIV
13. Secretly Jay
13. The Real Fidel
13. Zykrath
17. Cpt. Crunch
17. Tapp
17. Grinifinity
17. Sword Guy
17. Cake
17. Spencer O.
17. Spicy Thug
17. Dr. Phantasma
25. Pskye47
25. Bobert513

GG's!

Power rankings coming soon!

Pumpk1nz

Smash Apprentice

340 East 525 North
Ogden, UT 84404

it sick
This sounds like a dream!

Support.

Call Me Supa Hot!
@ Sinz Sinz trust me I love PM and I wish we had a bracket. But everyone that shows are Melee elitist and rather not play any other game( I mean no disrespect). I hope we can get more PM players or just more people interested in doing a bracket. Hopefully we can achieve that soon.

Pumpinz

Smash Journeyman
@ Sinz Sinz trust me I love PM and I wish we had a bracket. But everyone that shows are Melee elitist and rather not play any other game( I mean no disrespect). I hope we can get more PM players or just more people interested in doing a bracket. Hopefully we can achieve that soon.
I prefer to think of ourselves as Melee Enthusiasts

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
we have the opposite view in southern utah everybody here plays PM and only 6 of us from the top of my head plays melee

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
100% of the occupants of my parents' basement play super sony bros.

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to learn Super Smash Flash so I can possibly win at something.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Logan is practically Idaho. Ogden is like as far North as real Utah goes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom