• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Reptilephantom

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
razi#494
also, just as early notice, we will probably be changing the fees again pretty soon (probably starting in january). we'll probably separate the venue fee and tournament buy-in again since the original fee can't cover prize payouts for multiple tournament. thinking about $5 venue and a $5 buy-in for each tournament you want to participate in. please provide input if you have questions or concerns about this. inflation... expect it ;-).
10 bucks isn't too bad but with the gas money it's a little hard to swallow. I have no idea what the cost of running weeklies is though so between paying $10 and not having weeklies at all I'd rather get a second mortgage and play smash.

Smash Journeyman
In regards to the tournament on Saturday, I can only provide 1 set-up for Project M so I'm looking for volunteers to bring at least 3 more. I still don't know if anyone would be interested in Melee or Smash 4 but I can provide at least 3 HD TVs and 1 Wii U so anyone bringing Smash 4 shouldn't need to bring a TV. I also don't currently have a GC Controller adapter so if anyone wants to bring one instead of a full set up that would be great.

A4Foot1Giant

Smash Rookie
NNID
A4Foot1Gnt
what is the address for the tournament on Saturday?
i can bring a melee setup + tv

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
what is the address for the tournament on Saturday?
i can bring a melee setup + tv
I'll post the address and the other details later today. I'm going to talk to some people to see if anyone is interested in Melee or Smash 4 so I can figure out scheduling and setups, then I'll write it all in one place.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
I'll post the address and the other details later today. I'm going to talk to some people to see if anyone is interested in Melee or Smash 4 so I can figure out scheduling and setups, then I'll write it all in one place.
Do you know what city at least? Sorry it's hard to keep track if all the weeklies being talked about on here.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I have requested Friday, Feb. 6th and Monday, Feb. 9th off from work. They haven't been approved yet but I HIGHLY doubt that's gunna be a hotly contested PTO timeslot. Buying plane tickets soon, just waiting for the price to drop a little.

Requesting @Tane and or @ThePoophandler 's couch for these nights.

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
under this assumption we can get some kind of tourney going that weekend
if it does work out GGs i guess

i would love to have you come down again just not a smart decision imo
we need to have another discussion with everyone again my vegan friend

Tomacawk

Smash Master
my brother is going during that time as well, we are splitting the cost, and with the job i have had since oct i get paid enough with plenty of pto

plus utah was awesome and i made a lot of great friends i'd like to see again :)

Smash Journeyman
Southern Utah Smash Tournament-

When: Saturday 12/06/2014. Setups and friendlies will begin at 5:00 PM, Brackets will begin at 6:00 PM.

Where: 4687 North Tumbleweed Drive, Cedar City, Utah.

Games: Project M, Smash Wii U, (Melee setups will be provided but bracket is still pending based on interest)

Entry Fee: None

Setups: I can provide 1 Project M/Melee setup, 1 Wii U setup (without GC controller adapter) and 3 addition HD TVs for Smash Wii U. @ adlp adlp should be able to provide 1 Project M/Melee and 1 Wii U setup, so I'm hoping I can get volunteers to bring 2 more of each plus a GC controller adapter. Please let me know if you would be willing to provide anything necessary for setups so I can get a count of how many will be available.

Other: Time will be allowed between brackets for Crew Battles Money Matches, etc.

Attendees: Please provide your own controller and plan on eating before brackets start as there are few places to eat nearby.

It's possible I can push the starting time for everything back an hour if it's inconvenient for a lot of people, but otherwise this is what I will be sticking to.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
my brother is going during that time as well, we are splitting the cost, and with the job i have had since oct i get paid enough with plenty of pto

plus utah was awesome and i made a lot of great friends i'd like to see again :)
I will travel down to see you when you are here.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
****** tryin to tell me **** about Yoshi in the facebook group like Ive never heard of the guy before.

Get these casuals outta here yo.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Guys I really cant decide who the best character is between my current 3 mains in ye old Sm4sh:

Yoshi, Wario, or Shulk?

All these niggs feel like they belong right next to each other tier list wise. Currently thinking Yoshi might be THE best between them just due to his projectile setups and long ass ranged command grab, but them killing problems, blind spots, and horse **** levels of approaches yo.

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Guys I really cant decide who the best character is between my current 3 mains in ye old Sm4sh:

Yoshi, Wario, or Shulk?

All these niggs feel like they belong right next to each other tier list wise. Currently thinking Yoshi might be THE best between them just due to his projectile setups and long *** ranged command grab, but them killing problems, blind spots, and horse **** levels of approaches yo.
Go with Yoshi. You know you want to represent.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im going with all 3 (plus Bowser, but hes obviously the worst of the 4 so I didnt mention him), just curious what you guys think since Im on the fence about who's better than who, even if it doesnt matter. I just like to talk about tiers and **** a lot so even if it doesnt mean anything, I still like to have an opinion lol.

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Im going with all 3 (plus Bowser, but hes obviously the worst of the 4 so I didnt mention him), just curious what you guys think since Im on the fence about who's better than who, even if it doesnt matter. I just like to talk about tiers and **** a lot so even if it doesnt mean anything, I still like to have an opinion lol.
I'd say Shulk, since he's so versatile he makes duct tape look useless, but I'm pretty biased against Wario.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Southern Utah Smash Tournament-

When: Saturday 12/06/2014. Setups and friendlies will begin at 5:00 PM, Brackets will begin at 6:00 PM.

Where: 4687 North Tumbleweed Drive, Cedar City, Utah.

Games: Project M, Smash Wii U, (Melee setups will be provided but bracket is still pending based on interest)

Entry Fee: None

Setups: I can provide 1 Project M/Melee setup, 1 Wii U setup (without GC controller adapter) and 3 addition HD TVs for Smash Wii U. @ adlp adlp should be able to provide 1 Project M/Melee and 1 Wii U setup, so I'm hoping I can get volunteers to bring 2 more of each plus a GC controller adapter. Please let me know if you would be willing to provide anything necessary for setups so I can get a count of how many will be available.

Other: Time will be allowed between brackets for Crew Battles Money Matches, etc.

Attendees: Please provide your own controller and plan on eating before brackets start as there are few places to eat nearby.

It's possible I can push the starting time for everything back an hour if it's inconvenient for a lot of people, but otherwise this is what I will be sticking to.
Sounds sick, I'd come and bring a wii u setup with adaPter but I gotta work that night. Next time.

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
Sounds sick, I'd come and bring a wii u setup with adaPter but I gotta work that night. Next time.
you're coming to cedar city? that would be rad to see you tear up smash 4 in person with c.falcon since you're the guy basically pioneering him on the character boards lol

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
you're coming to cedar city? that would be rad to see you tear up smash 4 in person with c.falcon since you're the guy basically pioneering him on the character boards lol
Yeah I'd love to come down and check stuff out sometime. I've got other stuff I can do out in Southern Utah too so it'd be a good trip every now and then, and fitting some Smash in would be sweet

I think you are overestating my ability a bit though haha. I may be able to pull stuff off in theory and in friendlies but I'm not a very seasoned tournament goer yet so my skill kinda cracks in those situations. Getting better at it though.

BearUNLV

Esports Manager, Tournament Director
we'll be maintaining the same schedule of alternating between melee and pm with melee always being on the first week of the month. if we get enough people and enough setups, we'll also try to do a smash 4 wii u tournament after the scheduled tournament each week. the utah smash events google doc has all this information available.

also, since @ Tsuteto Tsuteto is providing the benq gaming monitors, we no longer need people to lug their crts out. we will stop waiving the venue fee for crt setups, and in place, waive the fee if you bring a wii u, smash 4, and a gamecube adapter.

also, just as early notice, we will probably be changing the fees again pretty soon (probably starting in january). we'll probably separate the venue fee and tournament buy-in again since the original fee can't cover prize payouts for multiple tournament. thinking about $5 venue and a $5 buy-in for each tournament you want to participate in. please provide input if you have questions or concerns about this. inflation... expect it ;-).

also, is vegas still doing something this weekend and is anyone actually planning on going?
Any Vegas related events; message me! It is Bear from Vegas Smash 4. Lots of tournaments on the way. Big one for Smash 4 is DVDA#5 on 12/22. Big one for Melee is PLARS6 on 12/20.

BlurB

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously so sad this poster isn't active. It was cool stalking this guy I found on For Glory, and he happened to even live in the same state as me.
Lol did you just search for my username here on Smashboards? I'm usually pretty good at checking smashboards but recently I've just been hanging around reddit, haha.

Again, GG's man. I'm usually onine in the late evening. NNID is TheBlurB

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Lol did you just search for my username here on Smashboards? I'm usually pretty good at checking smashboards but recently I've just been hanging around reddit, haha.

Again, GG's man. I'm usually onine in the late evening. NNID is TheBlurB
Yeah, whenever I play someone who's fun and uses an obvious tag like "BlurB", I check and see if they're someone on Smashboards.

Smash Journeyman
I still don't have a very good count of how many people are bringing setups for the tournament so I'm going to ask anyone who has a setup to bring it. We should have enough setups for Project M, but we might be short on Smash Wii U. I can provide enough HD TVs so I'm asking anyone with with Smash Wii U and/or a GC controller adapter to bring whatever you have.

net1234

Smash Ace
FEST RIGHT NOW UNTILL TOMOROW AT RJS BE THERE OR BE GAY OR DS4. 2522 HORSESHOE CIRCLE GO THE THE HOUSE AROUND BACK AND GO UP STAIRS

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
who the **** cares
not the furry
so **** off
Alright, if you feel that strongly enough about it I can redact it, but I think there are more reasonable ways to get a point across than telling a guy to **** off. I only poke at the subject since I assume Ben is using his avatar ironically.

Top Bottom