• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up B in the air as an offensive move.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lol, it was just a joke. I didn't know there would be 6 posts about it. How about we try to find a way to combo sheik into a u-tilt chain?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Didn't Toasty **** a sheik doing that once???? IDK, I never hit with u-tilt except on occasions when it's awesome (countering falco's badly spaced dair ftw).

Levitas

the moon
Does the fair combo into it? otherwise maybe DI chase off of the downthrow. It certainly won't combo, but what else is there? CCing into it at close range and low percents on a thursday with a full moon and 5% humidity when the stock of AMD drops 2% per share and elephants are stampeding in your pants?

(or just ccing into it? doesn't seem practical, so my head exploded)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Well..u-tilt is the only move Ness has that could concievably out prioritize ANY of shiek's moves. So maybe. That utilt has crazy priority.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
D-tilt has priority? I never knew... I never use it at all.

I have elephants stampeding in my pants all the time so that's one condition down.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well..d-tilt is the only move Ness has that could concievably out prioritize ANY of shiek's moves. So maybe. That utilt has crazy priority.
I didn't read the u-titlt so I thought you said d-tilt. lol

Can it outprioritize Sheik's tilts? I'll check it out tommorow.

Levitas

the moon
self destruct. thesage is feeling a little emo at the moment...

And there are definately some dairs with more priority than Ness's utilt. (marth's the first one that comes to mind)

Levitas

the moon
lol, disjointedness is just another way of gaining priority.

Priority is a result of how far the hitbox extends past the hurtbox (or body). Peach's back air has so much priority because the hit bubble is huge in comparison to her butt. Likewise, Ness's utilt hitbox extends past his hands to a degree, giving it priority.

So I consider disjointedness to be a way of having more priority.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I think it's debatable does it really matter how much priority you have when your outranged? M2K wrote an interesting article about this,

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
In fact did you know that in ssb64 Ness' grab had the highest priority in the game? It even outprioritizes other grabs.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hey, sage is 2 posts from being 1337.

Anyways, in Smash, if 2 people grab each other (or another character or even an item), player 1 out-prioritizes all, then comes player 2, then 3, and player 4 is unlucky. But the chances this happens is so low that no one actually considers it. Or knows it.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
its clearly a glitch not intended by the developers of the game that you cant start matches as pk thunder....i mean..does it make sense to u that a person can start a match as sheik thru picking zelda but cant start a match as pk thunder thru picking ness?

btw sheik has her own board, so its only fair

Levitas

the moon
I was against this topic at first on principle alone, but turns out that if you time it correctly, you can do 30 percent! And you can jump out of your shield, then do it! What a mindgame.

Top Bottom