• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up B in the air as an offensive move.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It does around 30 damage if timed properly, and I'm wondering why no one uses this trick. I think it would be fairly effective as a damage builder, especially if you short hop out of your shield and up b next your opponent while tilting left or right.

btw ness for top tier

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
It is a useful mindgame though.. Up b, tilt the thunder like you're going to hit them, tilt it back into your rear end, and blast them to hell! :)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
She's right though. PK Thunder is useful. Headblasting, or even juggling a floaty character if you're good enough. I don't like actually using the Jikabu though.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
It seriously is good as a mindgame against some people in some situations. But if they predict it, it has a lot of lag.

Levitas

the moon
Ness has his tricks. It's just that I refuse to acknowledge his trick being posted in every character board with the only change being the name of the person doing the same thing (not even percents being changed), and accepted as legit.

Seriously, up b after jump out of shield? That takes more than 30 frames, with your opponent right next to you. Give a person who's never played smash before a controller, tell them use side c, and give them marth, and they'll even get you if you try that.

Pk thunder can be useful, but not like that.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
I know this topic is a joke, but its not funny because its meant to be a joke. I can hit anyone with Ness' upB recovery attack(PKT2) as an offensive move. It works...and that's why this joke isnt funny.

lol but dont go trying to do it yourself it wont work only i can do it^_^

EDIT: im dead serious too...i can hit anyone with that....i can also miss with little danger

hey guys check the ness forum announcements^_^

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Lol, do you have to glitch someone to hit them with PKT2 as an offensive move, or can you hit with it the old fashioned way on everyone? :p

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Even on a noob? (we all know that people need more help beating noobs, as that's the popular trend of melee discussion recently..)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
He's telling the truth. I've seen him do it. He's ****ing stupid crazy. The PK Thunder will be all....*ZOOM* and then for no reason it'll go *BOING* and Ness will start going *UWAAAH* And then you've got a god **** Jikabu tragedy on your hands.

kenny10

Smash Journeyman
When people see Ness use upB right next to them, they'll just sit there and stare at it all surprised and such. Then you just hit them and they'll be like WTF. HOW DID THAT HIT ME?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I pk thunder juggle Samus. It's soooo effective against her. I can usually get around 4-5 hits before I have to stop. Plus read the new thread I created.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
All of Ness's moves involve massive amounts of getting killed before you master them.

EDIT: The wierdest thing just happened to me. I was fighting this Doc bot on Yoshi's island. I recover with my PK Thunder, perfect vertical very nice, just trying to hit Doc, anyway, I hit the slope near the edge and just as I hit it, Doc hits me with his cape....but I don't go the other direction. Instead, I start flying through the ground on Yoshi's island, and hit the other edge, which I sweetspot perfectly. PK Thunder is a ****ed up move.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
well pk thunder is sentient....when something like that happens it means your pk thunder likes you and wouldnt like you to die at that moment, but pk thunder is also has no conscience

Levitas

the moon
The better to brutally slaughter you with...

I'm pretty sure that last "is" in simna's post only exists as a combination of my ignorance and over-active imagination.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I could never pull off a perfect vertical Jibaku up.
Help?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I can't do one going perfectly down lol. Besides the landing thing to equip thunder jacket, but I mean in the air, like over the edge of a stage. It's not useful, but hey...

Levitas

the moon
I see...

A strategic reset of damage accompanied by invincibility for a finite period of time...

Perhaps it is worth investigating.

Top Bottom