• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using only the L or the R button

Fox Machine

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this, but if you reset the controller with L or R pushed down, you can make it so that it only registers when it's fully depressed. This can make powershielding easier because you can hold it almost all the way in anticipation, and just click it at the right time instead of slamming down all the way in 1 frame.
Yeah and I use L for most things, and R for what I just mentioned.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
i use L for everything, works fine for me. i was gonna use R to wd cus i thought it would help for waveshielding. then i realized that i play peach and it wasnt worth my time haha. since then i've learned to waveshield with L, you could probably remove the whole R trigger and my game wouldnt change heh

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
R for wavedashing, R for l cancelling. I use L occasionally to shield, but if I want to powershield I use R for that too.. :p R FTW!!!

Kada

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm basically on the same boat as almost everyone else. I use R for just about everything except L-cancelling and shielding...

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
I use R for everything. I never ever touch the L button. I acually can't wavedash out of shield right now, and I'm noticing how much that sucks, lol. Since I physically cannot use the L button (my brain just refuses to press that button), I'm going to have to learn to do that with one shoulder button.

EDIT: I lied, I acualy use L for stepdodging (I press down and L). I'm starting to use the C-stick for rolls and stepdodges now, so soon it'll be R for those too.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'm a lefty, and for me I don't use the R button at all; in fact, I don't use my right index finger for Smash unless I'm JC grabbing.

Top Bottom