• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for Spin Shotting?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm assuming you all know what Spin Shotting is already. If not than you should probably check out the Glitch/Tech thread.

Anyway, I know Spin Shotting was talking to death over in that thread. But I wanted to talk about it. It seems incredibly useful, but I've only ever really heard it talked about in terms of a recovery option. And while it's definatly not a bad recovery option, as it is essentially a recovery version of Spin Chasing(Which I believe is in the Tech thread, but is essentially using the long Spin Dash/Charge jump for edge gaurding instead of just the shorter regular jumo).

Has anyone found any good uses for it mid match?

I was playing a CPU Samus just recently, as I tend to play the CPUs to learn the characters moves. Specifically Lvl 9s since they have Super Human Reflexes it's a nice way to see what combo's and traps can work. Sure it's not so hard to trick a computer, but the basics let me know it works, or wether quick reaction times and anticipation will screw up my little plans. No one I play around here really DIs much and I don't play tourney's yet(considering trying to dive in, if only for the learning expierence).

Anyway, yes I type way too much, I found myself charging a spin dash as Samus charged up the last of her Charge Shot. I figured I could just Shield Cancel and play it safe but I wanted to find a decent way around this for when I play my friend's Samus. As shielding it really doesn't play up Sonic's pressure game and found Spin Shotting tended to easily toss me up above the shot and over Samus as she released expecting a regular spin dash.

Granted a human could have easily avoided the DAir that followed. I realized this might be a decent tactic/mind game against campers and projectile spammers. It's, yet another, approach method. Depending on distance it puts you that much closer and if they're really close and expecting your basic dash/charge a quick Dair or Fair or HA can catch them off guard.

This has probably been considered but I thought I'd throw the idea out there since I'm bored and it might give a few people some new ideas. Don't really post much but I've gotten alot from the board and wanna try and give back a bit to the community.

So, has anyone else found any good uses/situations for spin shotting?

darkNES386

Smash Lord
-rushing a camper/avoiding projectiles
-getting behind an opponent who may be charging a smash or b attack
Sometimes you can follow with a Bair
-annoying the hell out of your opponent
-avoiding a confrontation if an opponent decides to rush while you're charging

Boxob

Smash Champion
-rushing a camper/avoiding projectiles
-getting behind an opponent who may be charging a smash or b attack
you should ALWAYS follow with a Bair
-annoying the hell out of your opponent
-avoiding a confrontation if an opponent decides to rush while you're charging

Fixed :]

10chars.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Mind-games...

Sometimes while charging a spin-dash people will shoot a projectile at me and if I can see that coming I can usually spin shot a fair right into their unsuspecting face. Or if I over shoot, a bair works nicely too. It's mainly something that gives spin dashing more options. If you think about it, you can either do a jump, the shield cancel, the normal release, or the spin shot out of a side-b, all of which produce very different results and can screw up all but the most wide ranged approaches.

Think of this as a game of rock paper scissors where you get to have an extra option to throw out, thus confusing your enemy and giving you time to roshambo their nuts.

Top Bottom