• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Useless "AT"?] Platform Puff Shuffling

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
File this post under "lol." Also apologies if someone found this already.

This "technique" is mostly pointless, it seems. It works with every character on the following legal stages:

Lylat
Smashville
Halberd (Partially)
Delfino (Partially)
Pirate Ship

The common thread among these stages is that at some point (or at many or all points) the stage or platforms are in motion. This causes a few weird physics issues in the game, including this technique.

To perform, fast fall through a moving platform and immediately (well, the time differs between characters) mash down on the cstick. The effect is... well, nothing. The "platform drop" animation will cancel, and your character will kind of "teleport" back to the top of the platform and be standing there as though nothing happened. For some characters, such as Meta Knight (:mad:) the effect is much more obvious as the window is larger, allowing you to potentially mindgame opponents (for instance, Meta Knight's model physically drops through the platform, whereas most characters' don't). For others, it looks almost like nothing happened. This is basically useless. Well, I guess this is worth noting: some characters slide slightly left or right if you DI the fastfall. Enjoy!

Here's a list of special effects I've found since I made this post:

-Toon Link performs a standing dair if you wait until the end of the window. Kind of cool. Again, useless, though.
[/LEFT]
[/CENTER]

Sophia

Smash Rookie
This makes for a great new taunt online at least.

I'll see if anyone else partially falls through.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Been known for a while, you can also use other aerials.

You can bair with Snake and have 1-2 frames of the hitbox come out, and he lands on top of the platform.

Forgot what we called it though because it's pretty much useless.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Been known for a while, you can also use other aerials.

You can bair with Snake and have 1-2 frames of the hitbox come out, and he lands on top of the platform.

Forgot what we called it though because it's pretty much useless.
That would explain why I couldn't find the info then. Could someone lock this? :p

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Locked per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom