• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Used to main Marth..

DarkSeraph0

Smash Rookie
So in Melee I played Marth but it seems since they changed him i'm no good with him in Brawl.
: / I i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what exactly did they change? I just feels so different to me, can't put my finger on it..
Now im thinking ill end up using Lucario for my main.

DarkSeraph0

Smash Rookie
Hmm shorter range huh? That could be it because I noticed a lot of the timing seemed to be off when I used him. XD another weird thing is we have all the same mains! :D

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Marth is definitely not worse, just different. Grabs are not as good and some of marths moves aren't as good as in melee (dash A is terrible now). On the other hand, the sheildbreaker is better (lots of range) and the dancing blade has awesome speed and range now. The counter is more deadly because it is stronger now and knocks back way farther.

Fornax

Smash Rookie
The same thing happened to me as well and I even contemplated maining lucario also, but i stuck it out and now im used to his range and im steadily progressing. My bro had the same prob. w/ link but now he likes the brawl link better he has different advantages

JCav

Smash Lord
lol, i wish my friend would look at this because he was the same thing, he was fairly good at melee and then brawl came around with marth and he wasnt as good and played with marth for a long time... so i picked up marth one day and made him stop playing brawl

DarkSeraph0

Smash Rookie
lol, i wish my friend would look at this because he was the same thing, he was fairly good at melee and then brawl came around with marth and he wasnt as good and played with marth for a long time... so i picked up marth one day and made him stop playing brawl
Haha, thats actually kind of unfortunate. : /

Top Bottom