• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle #1 Results

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Although you did beat me in a money match with your Fox, that’s a pretty poor generalization Goggles, especially since you don’t even know how your placement or progression in the bracket would have looked.

As most can already tell, despite the Brawl bracket being fairly small, it was quite competitive. I could easily see mauve defeating you in a set, since I believe that he is the superior player between you two. I’m sure Tyrant’s wolf or even nintendude could’ve potentially beaten you as well. And lets face it, despite having some success against Neil, most would probably favor him in a set against you. Hell, for all we know, I could’ve won if I met you in bracket if you caught me in a particular mindset and rhythm (but you do deserve props for stepping it up against me lately). Of course, most of this is just hypothetical, because you didn’t enter the bracket for any of these possible sets to happen.

In the end, it just looks like you’re trying to use a money match against just one player to justify your pansying out of bracket. Oh wait, you were too busy to join, right?

Regardless, no hard feelings here. GGs and hope to see you in bracket next time. In the mean time, I’ll try to find the time to practice that Fox matchup so he becomes as free as your Sonic currently is for me. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Maybe if you actually pose a threat, ill actually practice between now and then lol.

also, neil hasn't beaten me without mk in... More than a year now. And while I will give tyrant credit for being a better ddd than me, there ain't no way he's beating my sonic based on my set with his ddd and wolf. (Should have saved those matches... Grrr)

I'm telling you man, your opinion of my skill is shaded based on the fact that you play my mains worst matchup lol. You should money match me with your ddd or snake or something. I do far better vs characters I can actually push buttons against lawl

Also big ups to n dude for stepping his results thread trash talk game up. Now all he needs to do is work on his in person trash talk and hell be good lol

Also, in retrospect, I still don't feel like I should be beating the vast majority of you people that play melee. Although I do feel like my movement with ganon was particularly on point that day. I will probably not play him nearly as much in singles moving forward

Stop trying to do stuff and just play smart and abuse the broken characters you all play

:phone:

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if you actually pose a threat, ill actually practice between now and then lol.
Hmm, although I have a lot of improving to do, I still consider myself a solid enough player to pose a threat against pretty much every Brawl player that was at that tournament except maybe San, so I'm surprised you feel that way. I felt that I have been giving you a good challenge recently, as the vast majority of our recent matches have been fairly close and going to the final game of the set. However, it is all about the 'W' in the end, and you have certainly been backing yourself up in that department lately, so you're entitled to feel how you want about me as a player.

I'm telling you man, your opinion of my skill is shaded based on the fact that you play my mains worst matchup lol. You should money match me with your ddd or snake or something. I do far better vs characters I can actually push buttons against lawl.
I do not doubt your skill, I've always accredited you as a good player and I shrug off whatever personal grievances the community has had towards you and look at your ability and accomplishments in the game. I look up to San, you, Cura, Neil and other players in this region and take what I learn from our matches to help myself improve as a player.

However, what I do think is that you're underestimating the rising talent in our region, and I think a lot of new faces can give you a run for your money.

And yes, I know what bad matchups can feel like. I personally cannot stand playing against Snake, Dedede and especially Marth. And as you can tell, I am not too fond of Fox or any other spacey for that matter, lolll. But this is a fighting game and matchup disparities are going to inevitably be present. The best I can do is suck it up, maintain my pride, and overcome whatever obstacle or challenge is presented to me. It's the only way I can be one of the best with my character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you misread.

Im saying that you should play against me with YOUR snake or ddd, because my sonic is much more indicative of my skill as a player when I fight characters i can actually do something against with him.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
I didn't misread, your statements just led me to bring up other points and topics. I'm no good with either of those characters, so I'm not sure what it's going to prove. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the better players around here could beat me every time with them. I decided that I'm pretty much going solo Lucario at this point unless I feel that a certain character + stage combination hinders my potential too much.

And Sonic can do stuff against Lucario. You just need to work on the matchup more just as I need to work on the matchup for characters like Fox and Marth.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Dont make me name drop the best sonic player just to explain to you how idiotic that matchup is.

The fact that I ever beat your lucario with sonic is a miracle (and a testament to my skill) in itself.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, Fox is kind of a hectic matchup for Lucario, though I feel there are much worse out there for him. But I don't go on rants explaining how "idiotic" that matchup is.

I don't know how hard Lucario is for Sonic since I don't know much about Sonic the character other than how to handle him with Lucario. All I have heard or seen is that the matchup is like 60:40ish, which is what I have to deal with all day going up against Snake, Dedede, and Marth (and at one time, meta knight). So in short, I feel that though it is difficult for you, it is something that is definitely doable.

I'm not really sure where this conversation is going though. All that I really wanted to say was GGs, and I'll be looking forward to our next matches, lolll.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so back to the melee kids, when are you all going to stop trying to be technical and just play smart?

all nintendude does is wavedash down smash and grab stuff and he beats everybody.take a tip from him instead of trying to be like all the famous people you watch on youtube.

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
so back to the melee kids, when are you all going to stop trying to be technical and just play smart?

all nintendude does is wavedash down smash and grab stuff and he beats everybody.take a tip from him instead of trying to be like all the famous people you watch on youtube.
If I could make a robot that mashed down on both sticks it would be at least fifth in the region.

Top Bottom