• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(UPDATED)THE DOCTOR'S CHECKUP: A Doctor Mario Advanced Tactics how to play video

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Good show guys. Too bad you didn't put any emphasis on what was one of the most important parts in playing Doc... the Jab, D Smash/Grab. ^_^!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
THE RED SPARROW, all of those extra things will be kept in mind for possibilities of next updates. If I do update this vid. it will contain the percents of CG's and a demonstration of pill-rushing.

Just to let you all know, at percents from 90%-150% is when you can D-throw CG Fast-Fallers. Everyone else that you saw getting Up-thrown in the video was from roughly around 30% - 60%. I've already made up my mind that I will try and get an update out soon showing the percents of CG's and demonstrations on pill-rushing.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
A little more combo's too, Smashmac. D-air to grab *very important*. D-throw to u-air combos to f smash or f air. Stuff like that. Hope it's not too much, I'll help you out if you need it.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Metal_Doc said:
A little more combo's too, Smashmac. D-air to grab *very important*. D-throw to u-air combos to f smash or f air. Stuff like that. Hope it's not too much, I'll help you out if you need it.
I thought a "How to Play" video would include demonstrations of how to perform moves, not combos .... combos are for combo vids. :confused:.

In my opinion, a "How to Play" video should include demonstrations of things visually and explainations of the demonstrations. Now, a "How to Combo" video might need things like d-throw to u-air shffle to f-air. I don't really see that relevant to a "How to Play" video. How to Play = how to perform Moves. I may add d-air/grab as well but besides the percentages to the CG's and chain throwing, that'll be about it for now.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Yea very true SmashMac. You pwned my post, lol. Yea this vids a how to play not a full on guide. But do try to get in the d-air to grab. D-air to d-smash seems to work well too. :)

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
SmashMac said:
THE RED SPARROW, all of those extra things will be kept in mind for possibilities of next updates. If I do update this vid. it will contain the percents of CG's and a demonstration of pill-rushing.

Just to let you all know, at percents from 90%-150% is when you can D-throw CG Fast-Fallers. Everyone else that you saw getting Up-thrown in the video was from roughly around 30% - 60%. I've already made up my mind that I will try and get an update out soon showing the percents of CG's and demonstrations on pill-rushing.
Oh I getcha. BTW I saw your Falco in the Ft.Lauderdale tourney, very nice. :)

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Metal_Doc: Lolz man, I will dude. All in due time when I actually have the time again to do it.

THE RED SPARROW: Thanks man ^^º.

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Very impressive SmashMac n Cyphus. Extremely imperative for someone just begginning to play with Doc.

I favored the chain-grabbing section, it caught my attention...

-LeX

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Thanks guys. Glad everyone is learning something.

As far as the update goes, my source of getting clips from the game into the computer is not working properly so the update will have to hold off.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, SmashMac's video is currently under maintanence(sp?) so you guys have to wait a bit more than expected.

Aaronmac404

Smash Rookie
One question, did you use action replay, because I can't do more than half of the moves, like the cancel up-B?

PillSpammer

Smash Rookie
Very VERY nice how-to vid...

Question SmashMac... when you chain grab in the video do you use the jump-cancel grab at all? Or is it just regular running back and forth and then grabbing? Maybe you could include the jump-cancel grab in the next remake...

"Hammertime! [Insert Fair on captain falcon]"

SmashMac

Smash Lord
PillSpammer: Thanks man. Yea it's the jump-cancelled grab.

Eternal Samus: Thanks :). No Roy is not the same weight as Marth. Roy falls faster than Marth does. Roy can be chain-grabbed, Marth can't.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i just wanted to say...good job smashmac....i saw the video and it was rele cool...it makes me want to pick up my docs game again...well i do still play with him a lot...but i might just play him a little bit more now that i saw this....well....we got to doc ditto again.....peace

-hiroshi

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Amazing video!!! I saw that and it helped me a lot. This video combined with Cyphus's guide is a really good combination. Good job!!!
EDIT= I almost forgot to add, that was some good music.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I dont play Doc. I know very little about Doc. But zo-my-mutha-freakn-gosh. The quality of this video was good mang. The instructions were also good. I thought that the part explaining the egdeguarding i think was just a little too fast. Then again it had to be fast for what you were explaining.

In short you my furry friend own.

Why dont you use your Doc in tournies? I want to see more of it.

- Mr. Patient in need of some pills for AIDS :) -

Wørd

Smash Rookie
Wow, very nice video. Im a semi-new Doc player, and this has helped me out a lot. Great music as well, made it more fun to watch =P.

Back to training my Doc =D

FOB

Smash Ace
Oh wow this movie really helps! It kinda makes me want to play smash. Sorta the type of feeling that you get from watching a combo video of your character.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hey, Smashmac, do you think you could edit the video and take out chaingrabbing Sheik? As Cyphus says, Sheik can get out of it if she DI's up and djumps. A lot of people still think that Sheik can be chaingrabbed, including myself before I found that out from one of his posts (it's a good thing too, because I use Sheik as my main and Doc as my secondary). Maybe you could replace it with saying like, Sheik cannot be chaingrabbed. Well, just my advice, and I'm sure it'd help Cyphus from keep having to repeatedly say to people, Sheik cannot be chaingrabbed!!!

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Hey, Smashmac, do you think you could edit the video and take out chaingrabbing Sheik? As Cyphus says, Sheik can get out of it if she DI's up and djumps. A lot of people still think that Sheik can be chaingrabbed, including myself before I found that out from one of his posts (it's a good thing too, because I use Sheik as my main and Doc as my secondary). Maybe you could replace it with saying like, Sheik cannot be chaingrabbed. Well, just my advice, and I'm sure it'd help Cyphus from keep having to repeatedly say to people, Sheik cannot be chaingrabbed!!!
I can't edit the video anymore because the computer that I made this video on was broken and the editing files were on that one :(. It broke within' that same month that I made it too, within the next 2 weeks after I made it.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
^^That stinks. Thanks for responding so quick.

MonkeyMan

Smash Journeyman
the up b canceling is about the only thing i learned, but any thing new to me at this point is a blessing! nice work, can't wait to master it ^^

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
iunno...he might as well have it, really.

It technically still is a chainthrow that cannot be escaped w/ only left/right DI. And most people(even good smashers) tend to only mix up left and right DI to get out of chainthrows.

Techincally Link, Roy, and Y.Link can all get out the d.throw chain as well, but its still worth doing vs. all those because you can almost always chain throw them a couple times before the player doe exactly what is needed to get out which is DI diagonally upward and jumping immediately as possible.
...which again, most people don't either know about or takes them a couple d.throws to the DI and timing ready.

So chainthrow the unchainable, I say. Just don't push your luck too often and keep it to 1 or 2 throws(unless you know your oponent only DIs left/right normally to get out of chainthrows.

Top Bottom