• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

ElViejoZunY

Smash Apprentice
There are a lot of pages in this thread so please forgive me if this has been brought up before:

Are there any plans or thoughts on implementing Melee-like C-stick functionality (edit: when using Gamecube controller obviously)? I find it incredibly difficult to play Smash64 these days primarily because I keep trying to use the C-stick for aerials and smashes.

This hack looks amazing by the way, I can't wait to try it out.
Someone already asked for that and Jorgasms said no

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
There are a lot of pages in this thread so please forgive me if this has been brought up before:

Are there any plans or thoughts on implementing Melee-like C-stick functionality (edit: when using Gamecube controller obviously)? I find it incredibly difficult to play Smash64 these days primarily because I keep trying to use the C-stick for aerials and smashes.

This hack looks amazing by the way, I can't wait to try it out.
L264

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I know this has been replied so many times, but why polygons are playable and these two alternate characters aren't?
I don't have a visual cue for them so I won't put them in. Also, polygons were added with the hope of them being an alternate costume/model/character in the future.

SeariousScar

Smash Cadet
O oceanz11 Thanks, I thought that that download still hadn't been updated; I thought it was still the original version of 19XXTE.

I know this has already been answered, but I don't have the time to look through all the pages of this thread. Can someone tell me how to download this onto an SD card?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
I know this has already been answered, but I don't have the time to look through all the pages of this thread. Can someone tell me how to download this onto an SD card?
Drag and drop?

I don't have a visual cue for them so I won't put them in. Also, polygons were added with the hope of them being an alternate costume/model/character in the future.
I'm assuming they're asking about metal mario w/ his properties (different weight, knockback, fall speed, etc) but would it be possible to have metal mario as an alternate costume (but retain mario's properties) and use the 6th costume slot?

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Drag and drop?

I'm assuming they're asking about metal mario w/ his properties (different weight, knockback, fall speed, etc) but would it be possible to have metal mario as an alternate costume (but retain mario's properties) and use the 6th costume slot?
I actually liked the Polygon character as an alternate subpar character rather than just another more costume. It is fun when you beat someone with a heavy handicaped Polygon DK who is unable to grab and UpB OOS.
It wouldn't be the same if they were just alternate costumes. Metal Mario is far worse than Mario and due to his Metal Properties he is rather awkward to play, and Giant DK is a giant punching/grab bag if you are not Link, Yoshi or Samus.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I just want to thank everyone for bearing with me as I figure this stuff out. I've squashed several bugs today thanks to your reports. I expect to release an actually bug free ROM in the near future.

Dizzle

Smash Cadet
I just want to thank everyone for bearing with me as I figure this stuff out. I've squashed several bugs today thanks to your reports. I expect to release an actually bug free ROM in the near future.
any progress in getting 0.10 working on console?

thanks for all the hard work, the mod is incredible. i'm gonna make a donation once i get my paycheck this week, you deserve it bud

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
any progress in getting 0.10 working on console?

thanks for all the hard work, the mod is incredible. i'm gonna make a donation once i get my paycheck this week, you deserve it bud
Right now, 0.10 is kinda all over the place. Some things work flawlessly and others don't work for no obvious reason. My strategy right now is to regress and rebuild slowly, testing every emulator and on console. It's slow, painful, and often confusing but I'll get it done.

Also, thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it.

Last edited:

oceanz11

Smash Rookie
When you download 19XX, there is a readme.txt in the folder. Click on that and it has step by step instructions.

caneut

Smash Ace
I think things like polygon/metal mario should be costumes for char, not dif chars.

Then remove luigi, add polygon chars/metal mario/giant dk/falco and w/e in luigi's slot

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Right now, 0.10 is kinda all over the place. Some things work flawlessly and others don't work for no obvious reason. My strategy right now is to regress and rebuild slowly, testing every emulator and on console. It's slow, painful, and often confusing but I'll get it done.

Also, thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it.
Can you put the chars as all Pikachu instead of Fox at bootup? All fox is a 20XX melee joke. All Pikachu should be the 19XX 64 joke imo.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I think things like polygon/metal mario should be costumes for char, not dif chars.
*encourages tournament play*

Then remove luigi, add polygon chars/metal mario/giant dk/falco and w/e in luigi's slot
*discourages tournament play*

Can you put the chars as all Pikachu instead of Fox at bootup? All fox is a 20XX melee joke. All Pikachu should be the 19XX 64 joke imo.
Debug Menu has been scrapped because it doesn't work on several emulators. The goal of 0.10 is for it to be universal even if currently it only works on Project 64 lol

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

Was working on a hacking tutorial on cheat search when I ran into something interesting. I believe tehz tehz was the one that told me that polygons crashed because they didn't have animations to display on the CSS/Victory screen. This minor discovery may lead me to figuring out how Roja got polygons on the CSS.

Oh and for those of you who have never seen a Samus' victory animatin (she sucks), that's what it looks like.

oceanz11

Smash Rookie

Was working on a hacking tutorial on cheat search when I ran into something interesting. I believe tehz tehz was the one that told me that polygons crashed because they didn't have animations to display on the CSS/Victory screen. This minor discovery may lead me to figuring out how Roja got polygons on the CSS.

Oh and for those of you who have never seen a Samus' victory animatin (she sucks), that's what it looks like.
I've been thinking of doing an interview/write up on 19XX and the current state of 64 modding. Would you be interested in that? I asked smash writer and they said they'd 'publish' it. I'd like to get other guy's opinions as well if there's interest. The goal is generate more interest and support, financially/emotionally.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I've been thinking of doing an interview/write up on 19XX and the current state of 64 modding. Would you be interested in that? I asked smash writer and they said they'd 'publish' it. I'd like to get other guy's opinions as well if there's interest. The goal is generate more interest and support, financially/emotionally.
I'm willing to do so, yes.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept

tehz

Smash Apprentice

Oh nice. Just from playing around with the character index "temp" address on the CSS, there's a lot 12 entry lists scattered about RAM that are used to return things from the character index. If you figure out what each does, then it should be possible to get the polygons on...

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Oh nice. Just from playing around with the character index "temp" address on the CSS, there's a lot 12 entry lists scattered about RAM that are used to return things from the character index. If you figure out what each does, then it should be possible to get the polygons on...
And MM and GDK (altough ya he already said he ain't work on them now) yeah I know due to the competitive nature of the hack that this is really not needed. But since we know they can get worked to become playable characters (or alt costumes) without crashing the game and causing fatal errors on consoles/emulators, It would become a nice extra-addition after the main goal of 19XXTE is succesfully completed.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
You're referring to the address 8013bad0 (for p1) correct?

tehz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that's the address I have in my notes. It's also what's under the cursor when you are you holding your "P1 chip." It's part of some large-ish data structure (188 bytes) for each of the four players. The beginning has a bunch of pointers you could waste days on trying to figuring out what they do. The one at 0x8 is passed to the routine that sets the color/shade for a selected character

Code:
Player Structure Start
0x8013BA88 + [0-3]*0xBC

Character
playerpointer + 0x0048
(also value under cursor if not selected...)

Costume/Color Index
playerpointer + 0x004C

Shade
playerpointer + 0x0050

Data Pointer(? Needed for draw function)
playerpointer + 0x0008

Last edited:

JcFerggy

Smash Rookie
1. Wii Console (injected into Sin & Punishment)
Doesn't work when injected, it hangs on the Classic Controller Scren, just like did the 0.9G version.
I don't know a lot about wad injection, but why would you inject it into Sin & Punishment? Wouldn't you have a better chance of success to inject it into the normal Super Smash Bros wad? I remember playing an injected Smash wad prior to the VC release and it had issues with transparency with characters off screen circle things. I don't know if that issue was with Sin & Punishment, but it still might be worth a shot.

GFD

Smash Cadet
I don't know a lot about wad injection, but why would you inject it into Sin & Punishment? Wouldn't you have a better chance of success to inject it into the normal Super Smash Bros wad? I remember playing an injected Smash wad prior to the VC release and it had issues with transparency with characters off screen circle things. I don't know if that issue was with Sin & Punishment, but it still might be worth a shot.
Injecting a modified Super Smash Bros. ROM into the Wii Virtual Console Super Smash Bros. emulator is not possible, to my knowledge, as the technology to do this does not seem to exist. You can read my earlier post for more details on my own attempts to do this.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Injecting a modified Super Smash Bros. ROM into the Wii Virtual Console Super Smash Bros. emulator is not possible, to my knowledge, as the technology to do this does not seem to exist. You can read my earlier post for more details on my own attempts to do this.
As he said. It is impossible to inject 19XXTE into the original Smash Bros wad because the filesize of the ROM exceeds the container (wad) of Super Smash Bros, therefore since Sin & Punishment allows for more data to be injected because it is a larger wad. And it has been documented that a few games works when injected into specific containers. Sin & Punishment being one of them. The other wads are just too small and can't be used to inject 19XXTE due to being larger in filesize than the original ROM.

GFD

Smash Cadet
Actually, there are eight other Wii Virtual Console titles that are larger than 128 megabits. Mario Golf is a 192 megabit ROM file. Ocarina of Time, Kirby 64, Pokémon Puzzle League, Majora's Mask, and Mario Party 2 are all 256 megabit ROM files (as is Sin and Punishment). Paper Mario and Ogre Battle 64 are 320 megabit ROM files.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Actually, there are eight other Wii Virtual Console titles that are larger than 128 megabits. Mario Golf is a 192 megabit ROM file. Ocarina of Time, Kirby 64, Pokémon Puzzle League, Majora's Mask, and Mario Party 2 are all 256 megabit ROM files (as is Sin and Punishment). Paper Mario and Ogre Battle 64 are 320 megabit ROM files.
Yeah, those SHOULD work too as containers for WAD Injection. But, little has been documented about this. I used Sin & Punishment because it is the container that was mostly used and therefore worked most of the time with some games.

Other WAD containers like Bomberman Hero, Cruisn' USA, Kirby 64, Mario Golf, Super Mario 64, Pokémon Puzzle League, Pokémon Snap, Zelda Ocarina of Time, worked almost flawlessly or very well with some other games. Then there are other wad containers that partially worked with a few games, these were F-Zero X, Mario Party 2, Mario Kart 64, Starfox 64, Waverace 64, Yoshi’s Sory and Paper Mario, And finally, there is no information regarding Ogre Battle 64 nor Majora's Mask being tested or working as a container for injecting roms. So, in order to 19XXTE work as injected wad on Wii Console we just need a wad container bigger than 128Mbit.

Containers where 19XXTE 0.10 hasn't been tested:
256Mbit containers: Kirby 64, Mario Golf, Mario Party 2, Pokémon Puzzle League, Zelda OoT, Zelda MM.
320Mbit containers: Ogre Battle 64, Paper Mario.

I have already tested it on Sin & Punishment and didn't work there, so anyone can do their testings and hopefully should work with another wad. BTW I think Mario Golf is 256mbit size not 192mbit size.

Sources:
https://vettacossx.wordpress.com/20...cting-n64-roms-into-virtual-console-channels/
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/VCInjections_Compatiblity_List

Last edited:
Top Bottom