• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
I think that the How to Play stage would be valuable for stage diversity for the fact that it has a significantly low ceiling. It's kind of a sister stage to Yoshi's Island in how it has a blast zone on the other extreme compared to FD, BF, and MC.

Balance out the side blast zones by making the right blast zone the same distance from the origin as the left blast zone and then we have 5 stages that are neutral enough to be starters, if a tournament wanted to do stage striking. [or reduce it to 3 stages if it would make for a healthier metagame]

Also, so-called "Kirby Beta 2" could be improved by giving the platform on the top a texture so that it's obvious that it's there. I support it being in the pack eventually, should something happen to make it possible.

Also, it would be interesting if the polygon characters could be quickly examined to see if they have any values changed on their moves--since it's already obvious that there are some minor details of the characters changed. [Link's Polygon version having a higher jump and double jump, Pikachu's Polygon version having slower air speed... perhaps there are more changes with things that are harder to immediately tell the difference with]

Shears

Smash Master
All the extra stages are really good and are tournament viable but probably won't be tournament legal because not everyone can use 19xxte and because of that it limits a lot of people.

People need to understand the difference between "glitch" and "it doesn't do exactly what I want it to do the way I want it to do it because I'm a spoiled little brat". BF ledges are fine. There is no glitch. Saying its glitched is like saying peachs castle is glitched because ledge DI doesn't work the same way it does on dreamland (it doesn't work at all). The stages are perfectly fine and completely viable, they won't be tournament legal though regardless of blast zone or ledge changes. Any reactions to the ledge are clearly from people not doing enough testing and just reacting to a rumor or video they saw or the one time they tried it out.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I might be recalling wrong, but wasn't that the argument used against tournaments using Ever Drives? (e.g., enforcing 8 min timers with 19XX) 'cause not all setups will have one? But people were like, "lol no. People should get an Ever Drive."

Uair

Banned via Warnings
I might be recalling wrong, but wasn't that the argument used against tournaments using Ever Drives? (e.g., enforcing 8 min timers with 19XX) 'cause not all setups will have one? But people were like, "lol no. People should get an Ever Drive."
What's wrong with using a Wii? Isn't smash on VC? It shouldn't have any emulation related issues that would effect the game. It's a lot cheaper to buy a Wii and SD card or whatever. EverDrivers cost like 300 dollars.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
What's wrong with using a Wii? Isn't smash on VC? It shouldn't have any emulation related issues that would effect the game. It's a lot cheaper to buy a Wii and SD card or whatever. EverDrivers cost like 300 dollars.
Smash on VC has frame skips. However injecting the rom into sin and punishment is fine

cvskid

Smash Rookie
About $190 plus shipping actually not $300 and frame skip issues due to it being emulation and not actual real hardware. Plus if you wanted you could use the everdrive for more then just super smash bros.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
No you totally misunderstood that discussion. Everdrives in tournament are fine as long as the ruleset doesn't include stages people don't have access too. Everyone has access to an 8 minute timer whether or not they have an everdrive (phone, stop watch, microwave) so everdrives used for timer purposes are totally fine. Thats like saying "everdrives should be illegal because not everyone has access to pink yoshi".

caneut

Smash Ace
Sick dude! Glad you open minded and enjoying the mod!

Seriously the mod is not for everyone. But bringing negativity and false facts to my thread (something you've done in the past) is not necessary. Please refrain from doing so and troll somewhere else.

Treedot Treedot an email list is not something I'm personally capable of. I may set up a Twitter or something along those lines to announce new updates.
Are you kidding?

What false facts am I bringing to this thread, and how am I trolling? I stated that I think the other stages that aren't Dreamland suck. That's an opinion, and for competitive play it's pretty much fact worthy, hell even Shears thinks so.

I understand the want for those modded stages because they are some of the most neutral stages the game has besides Dreamland, and they aren't easily available for people besides this mod. But the fact is they still aren't very competitive and I do not find them fun, that doesn't mean I'm insulting the work you've done on this mod and the community...

I just had the idea to randomize the music because despite the mod allowing people to play stages other than Dreamland, some people still just want to play dreamland, and a little variety in music would be nice...

Last edited:

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
If you want to talk about this ****, caneut, then please start a new thread, buddy. Or bump an old one about FD or something with your opinion. This is not the place for it.

[...would it be possible to get a moderator in here that's willing to clean this thread up?]

D

Deleted member

If you want to talk about this ****, caneut, then please start a new thread, buddy. Or bump an old one about FD or something with your opinion. This is not the place for it.

[...would it be possible to get a moderator in here that's willing to clean this thread up?]
I agree. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
What false facts am I bringing to this thread
what happens if you remove the things that make dreamland lag during teams from 19xx????? sprites is what fire said made dl lag so can we remove those to not require OC console?
No evidence behind this whatsoever.

I stated that I think the other stages that aren't Dreamland suck.
Unnecessarily negative and brings nothing to the thread. Unless you have a specific complaint (ie blastzones are too big) keep your opinion to yourself.

That's an opinion, and for competitive play it's pretty much fact worthy, hell even Shears thinks so.
All the extra stages are really good and are tournament viable but probably won't be tournament legal because not everyone can use 19xxte and because of that it limits a lot of people.
What was that about Shears opinion?

because they are some of the most neutral stages the game has
they still aren't very competitive
This is just funny.

Random stage toggle is a good idea. I'll put it in. Stay out of my thread.

Cyjorg Cyjorg If you keep the rest of the main menu inaccessible past the versus mode menu (I personally like that for this mod), can you add Stereo/Mono to the debug menu in the future?
Looking to redo the code for the debug menu and have the stage select option could become the stereo toggle.

GFD

Smash Cadet
Are the single-player modes the only ones causing trouble? If so, would it be possible to move the debug menu there? Maybe you could even texture-hack "1P MODE" to say "19XXTE".

Morin0

Smash Lord
I agree. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
lol

No you totally misunderstood that discussion. Everdrives in tournament are fine as long as the ruleset doesn't include stages people don't have access too. Everyone has access to an 8 minute timer whether or not they have an everdrive (phone, stop watch, microwave) so everdrives used for timer purposes are totally fine. Thats like saying "everdrives should be illegal because not everyone has access to pink yoshi".
Yeah, that's what it was.

Last edited:

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
I have to say I quite like C caneut 's idea of an option for music changing on DL. Having BF/Metal Mario music on DL would be pretty cool.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
No evidence behind this whatsoever.

Unnecessarily negative and brings nothing to the thread. Unless you have a specific complaint (ie blastzones are too big) keep your opinion to yourself.

What was that about Shears opinion?

This is just funny.

Random stage toggle is a good idea. I'll put it in. Stay out of my thread.

Looking to redo the code for the debug menu and have the stage select option could become the stereo toggle.
1. That was an idea, did I not make myself clear? I'm not saying I know anything about 64 code/emulation or whatever. I don't know what makes teams with TA lag on dreamland for console. Fire told me that all the sprites on dreamland makes console lag with teams, not saying that's true, that's just what I've heard. If that is the case, there should be a way to remove those sprites and still play the game, right? Just an idea.

2. Stages that aren't dreamland (Battlefield, FD) do suck for a multitude of reasons. I'm not giving examples to why they suck, they have been told before.

3. I actually misread Shears, but a bunch of people who are better at running tournaments, and at playing smash think so.

4. Supports high tiers and hurts low tiers.

Still, this all started with just wanting random music for stages. Just because you disagree with people wanting to play Dreamland only doesn't mean you should just outcast those who want random music for when they do play Dreamland only, you're just being silly.

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Caneut, you've already been asked to make a new thread if you want to discuss this. Is that impossible for you to do?

Are there... any mods at all that are willing to infract or delete posts? If not, we might as well go ahead and make this thread a discussion for the stages because it's already been spammed to hell with nonsense anyway.

Madao

1. That was an idea, did I not make myself clear? I'm not saying I know anything about 64 code/emulation or whatever. I don't know what makes teams with TA lag on dreamland for console. Fire told me that all the sprites on dreamland makes console lag with teams, not saying that's true, that's just what I've heard. If that is the case, there should be a way to remove those sprites and still play the game, right? Just an idea.
I like this idea and it should be looked into. If nobody cares about backgrounds, they can be removed for a potential performance gain. Considering it makes a noticeable difference on emulators (meaning toasters have less lag), I imagine the same result would happen for console.

2. Stages that aren't dreamland (Battlefield, FD) do suck for a multitude of reasons. I'm not giving examples to why they suck, they have been told before.

3. I actually misread Shears, but a bunch of people who are better at running tournaments, and at playing smash think so.

Still, this all started with just wanting random music for stages. Just because you disagree with people wanting to play Dreamland only doesn't mean you should just outcast those who want random music for when they do play Dreamland only, you're just being silly.
I also think your idea about random music is good. It might not be easy to implement, but I can see why some people would be interested. However, I do not want to see this stage argument escalate. Some people like Dream Land only, while other people like other stages. Nobody's mind is going to suddenly change because of an argument.

I'd like this thread to stay on topic.

caneut

Smash Ace
Caneut, you've already been asked to make a new thread if you want to discuss this. Is that impossible for you to do?

Are there... any mods at all that are willing to infract or delete posts? If not, we might as well go ahead and make this thread a discussion for the stages because it's already been spammed to hell with nonsense anyway.

Should I ask for 19xx to have random music on all stages in a different thread?

caneut

Smash Ace
I like this idea and it should be looked into. If nobody cares about backgrounds, they can be removed for a potential performance gain. Considering it makes a noticeable difference on emulators (meaning toasters have less lag), I imagine the same result would happen for console.
If it meant that ANY console could run teams without lag, and we didn't have to overclock it would change EVERYTHING. Saying as only a select few of consoles are even able to be overclocked, and even in the rare case you have one, overclocking is hard to do and can even brick the console permanently.

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Should I ask for 19xx to have random music on all stages in a different thread?
No, but if you want to argue about whether the stages should be tournament legal, then do it in another thread.

Stuff about actual development of the mod is open game, but stuff about developing tournaments that happen to use the mod is not.

caneut

Smash Ace
possible to make the music play a random stages song every time? no more dreamland 24/7?
I'm fairly certain the purpose of this in the first place is so we no longer have to only play on Dreamland.
but the other 19xx stages suck ****. dreamland is the only good stage
Wasn't trying to promote an argument, would have ended right there if not for

Sick dude! Glad you open minded and enjoying the mod!

Seriously the mod is not for everyone. But bringing negativity and false facts to my thread (something you've done in the past) is not necessary. Please refrain from doing so and troll somewhere else.
Again, what false 'fact' did I spout from saying that the non-dl stages, 'suck ****.'

Last edited:

Madao

I will clean up the thread once this gets sorted out. From now on, try to stay on topic.

If it meant that ANY console could run teams without lag, and we didn't have to overclock it would change EVERYTHING. Saying as only a select few of consoles are even able to be overclocked, and even in the rare case you have one, overclocking is hard to do and can even brick the console permanently.
I do not know if it will be enough, but I'll see about making a patch. Even hitbox mode might make it less laggy, but idk if you guys would want to do that. So far, we have gameshark codes for training mode. Now that compression isn't a big deal, I should be able to edit the stages and remove some stuff.

caneut

Smash Ace
I do not know if it will be enough, but I'll see about making a patch. Even hitbox mode might make it less laggy, but idk if you guys would want to do that. So far, we have gameshark codes for training mode. Now that compression isn't a big deal, I should be able to edit the stages and remove some stuff.
Things like hitbox mode would be nice, if only it were an option that could be easily turned off and on. Maybe you could remove the function of the Handicap modifier, so OFF doesn't change anything, AUTO turned off backgrounds for less lag, then OFF turned on hitbox mode. Or if the Damage % function turned off to be default no-matter the number in the options, and each number was a different gameshark mode.

Shears

Smash Master
Things like hitbox mode would be nice, if only it were an option that could be easily turned off and on. Maybe you could remove the function of the Handicap modifier, so OFF doesn't change anything, AUTO turned off backgrounds for less lag, then OFF turned on hitbox mode. Or if the Damage % function turned off to be default no-matter the number in the options, and each number was a different gameshark mode.
Hitbox can be toggled with 19xx. It's super easy.

btw, Japan is single elim, bo1, not for money, and they don't stream. How do they do a better job again? Oh because they have better players since player skill directly correlates to tournament efficiency.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
this guys funny. the way u speak sounds like u never played 19xxte cuz u say stuf like "hitbox mode ftw" lol

wut r u tryin to say???!!!

just remembered i remember playing 19xx on vc and when ur offscreen the bubble has a black square around it

Last edited by a moderator:

GFD

Smash Cadet
That wouldn't be a problem with 19XXTE. Assuming you injected it into the Sin & Punishment emulator, that's just an artifact of how that emulator functions. This wouldn't be the case if 19XXTE was injected into the Super Smash Bros. emulator, but I've never found a way to do this.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

The random music toggle is coming. The rest of your opinions are irrelevant to me. Go discuss legality elsewhere.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
r u gonna make a seperate rom for boot to css or something cuz the game could boot to css and at will hold start while the game is booting to boot to debug. btw is infinite camera possible like 360 zoom out and change target to other player?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
r u gonna make a seperate rom for boot to css or something cuz the game could boot to css and at will hold start while the game is booting to boot to debug. btw is infinite camera possible like 360 zoom out and change target to other player?
No. In order to add code to the game, I branch into the freespace in the ROM which holds my custom code. Unfortunately, the code is not loaded into RAM immediately so branching there causes a game crash. The debug menu, however, has free space for me to write the necessary functions (namely music toggles) and then copy them into the free space.

Top Bottom