• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
wow ive been playing it on emu and now i cant play cuz of plugin lol

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
another vs options issue is that when u go to stage select there is no under line and u cant press left or right but a to move underline from the first option to stg select

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Have you been testing real N64 hardware or just emulators?
I don't have the ED to do so but I try my best to listen to feedback and get console only problems fixed right away.

another vs options issue is that when u go to stage select there is no under line and u cant press left or right but a to move underline from the first option to stg select
This is known and never going to be fixed. The option has been disabled entirely. At this point, it's more of a visual blemish.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I don't have the ED to do so but I try my best to listen to feedback and get console only problems fixed right away.
I'd recommend when you get one to focus entirely on that because if it works on a real N64 it will work in the emulator but not necessarily the other way around.

Also not to step on your toes or anything but I think at the very end of the project you might just want to call it Super Smash Bros. Tournament Edition because that's what this is and it would be a lot easier to find and reference as well as lend the project an air of authenticity.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Also not to step on your toes or anything but I think at the very end of the project you might just want to call it Super Smash Bros. Tournament Edition because that's what this is and it would be a lot easier to find and reference as well as lend the project an air of authenticity.
I don't think another name change is necessary, people know 20XX as a Melee mod, so they would recognize 19XX immediately, and also searching 19XXTE on Google brings you right to this thread.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I'd recommend when you get one to focus entirely on that because if it works on a real N64 it will work in the emulator but not necessarily the other way around.

Thats not true. In fact, several things I've tried in the past work on console and not the emulator (cached data, plugin issues, error handling). The debugging tools I have are superior and more familiar to me anyways.

Nah 19XXTE is a good name. It triggers the idea of a mod because of 20XX, is easily searchable, and doesn't bring up other fan made mods.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Thats not true. In fact, several things I've tried in the past work on console and not the emulator (cached data, plugin issues, error handling). The debugging tools I have are superior and more familiar to me anyways.

Nah 19XXTE is a good name. It triggers the idea of a mod because of 20XX, is easily searchable, and doesn't bring up other fan made mods.
Interesting, I didn't think N64 emulators were THAT messed up.

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
I'm getting an error after I refresh the ROM list. It says it's a bad ROM. I followed the instructions as closely as I could. Did I miss something?

GFD

Smash Cadet
I'm getting an error after I refresh the ROM list. It says it's a bad ROM. I followed the instructions as closely as I could. Did I miss something?
Project64 just doesn't recognize the ROM as a commercial game. If you go into Settings > ROM Selection, you can replace the "Good Name" field with a "File Name" field so you can actually see something descriptive in the ROM browser, instead of just "Bad ROM?".

JipC

Smash Journeyman
So this was updated recently right? I remember there being some edge and blastzone issues in BF and FD before, is that still the case?

Martorell

Smash Rookie
I can't load it on any emulator:

Used the latest build and patch, over a [!] .z64 rom and I get tons of errors while loading.

ThaJakester

Valatunda! Valatunda!
NNID
ThaJakester
So this was updated recently right? I remember there being some edge and blastzone issues in BF and FD before, is that still the case?
I second this question, Jorgasms! I use your ROM hack with ED64 and it's amazing! However...at the Smash 64 tournaments that I host, I not only use your ROM hack with ED64, but, I actually use a few GAMESHARK PRO cartridges that I have...Through gameshark I am able to access Battlefield, FD, Metal Cavern, and Yoshi's No Clouds! This works really well...that is until I heard about problems with the stages themselves as JipC pointed out...Are these issues truly present? D:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I second this question, Jorgasms! I use your ROM hack with ED64 and it's amazing! However...at the Smash 64 tournaments that I host, I not only use your ROM hack with ED64, but, I actually use a few GAMESHARK PRO cartridges that I have...Through gameshark I am able to access Battlefield, FD, Metal Cavern, and Yoshi's No Clouds! This works really well...that is until I heard about problems with the stages themselves as JipC pointed out...Are these issues truly present? D:
FD blast zone issues aren't a thing at all. Battlefield ledge issue is dumb. You can smash DI under the ledge and die for it although that doesn't make it a issue. A true issue would be like Melee's Battlefield ledges which have the collision in the wrong spot. Regardless it'll be fixed in the future.

JcFerggy

Smash Rookie
Quick question, but did anyone play Metal Cavern, Battlefield or Final Destination at Genesis? I watched some of the top 8 but I only ever saw Dreamland. Did people only pick it because it is what they have trained on, or were the new stages not yet legal?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
wats the next thing ur working on now?
Neutral Spawns and stage hacking

Quick question, but did anyone play Metal Cavern, Battlefield or Final Destination at Genesis? I watched some of the top 8 but I only ever saw Dreamland. Did people only pick it because it is what they have trained on, or were the new stages not yet legal?
The ruleset was Dreamland only. From what I watched, it was only Dreamland. No gentlemans.

JcFerggy

Smash Rookie
The ruleset was Dreamland only. From what I watched, it was only Dreamland. No gentlemans.
Is this normal among 64 tournaments? Looking it up Here, Peach's Castle and Congo Jungle should be legal too.

Also, on that same page, it lists that there are some glitches with Battlefield and Final Destination. Are these issues still present in 19XX?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Is this normal among 64 tournaments? Looking it up Here, Peach's Castle and Congo Jungle should be legal too.

Also, on that same page, it lists that there are some glitches with Battlefield and Final Destination. Are these issues still present in 19XX?[/QUOTE
Read 4 posts up.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
fd spawn spots are messed up and bf has a right angle under it so u haf to go around it.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
so with stg haking r u gonna legalize a stg like make it better?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
fd spawn spots are messed up and bf has a right angle under it so u haf to go around it.
What right angle are you talking about? Picture?

so with stg haking r u gonna legalize a stg like make it better?
Goal is to fix Kirby Beta 1. I've already gotten rid of the ledges on the platforms but I will want to 1) add collisions on the bottom and sides, 2) get rid of the top platform, and 3) texture hack the **** out of it and make it Pokemon stadium

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
btw does the game have a pause toggle? maybe even add infinite camera

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
yea thats wat i ment. btw did u come up with an archiver or something that views all the files in a rom or is everything hxd and tilemolestor?

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
What right angle are you talking about? Picture?

Goal is to fix Kirby Beta 1. I've already gotten rid of the ledges on the platforms but I will want to 1) add collisions on the bottom and sides, 2) get rid of the top platform, and 3) texture hack the **** out of it and make it Pokemon stadium
And I demand stage transformations as well! *Whipping noise* Get to it!

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I've read about several FD glitches that I've never seen.

1. Blastzones
2. Being teleported into the stage/dying
3. Random game freezes

Like I said, I've never seen any of these but if you can speak on behalf of any of these that occur when playing 19XXTE, please do.

I specify 19XXTE because the Gameshark codes likely end up writing to an adress that is unrelated to playing on FD.

Top Bottom