• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

nickthename

Smash Apprentice
I think this has been mentioned before and its a really cool feature, players can play as the same color. So there can be 2 blue hat pikas and 2 black falcons, etc. As cool as this is and I don't really want it to change, is there a way to detect this and make one of the players faded like you see in doubles when the same team has the 2 same characters?
I know there's a cheat to make the little player indicator arrows above each character always appear, maybe that could be put as a toggle in debug mode if the tinting can't be figured out.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Because both players might want blue hat pika. It's in high demand.
And people call me crazy,
Btw loving the work so far! And people please don't be lazy about the Stage select screen, you don't know how badly this will mess people up unintentionally when switching to vanilla.
Oh and I saw this in another thread and wanna say it here, since bowser was in the game and got cut, does the announcer say his name any where in the files? That would be soooo cool if found

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received!
Fancy shmancy. Did you work with Cyjorg Cyjorg for this, or is it just your thing?
lol does it look like he worked with anyone? Shears is bad at web designing, doing easy Web languages isn't anything. AT LEAST the guy who made this thread had a basic understanding of MIPS and asm in general. Shears' websites like studstills and this one are both terrible and probably vulnerable to 2006 SQL inejctions.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
lol does it look like he worked with anyone? Shears is bad at web designing, doing easy Web languages isn't anything. AT LEAST the guy who made this thread had a basic understanding of MIPS and asm in general. Shears' websites like studstills and this one are both terrible and probably vulnerable to 2006 SQL inejctions.
Relax, man. No reason to be a jerk.

Shears

Smash Master
LOLOL. I've been doing asm programming probably before you ever picked up a controller. My websites look cheap because I suck with graphic design and art. But what is your reason for the personal attack? You've now confirmed yourself as smasher, grow up child.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
LOLOL. I've been doing asm programming probably before you ever picked up a controller. My websites look cheap because I suck with graphic design and art. But what is your reason for the personal attack? You've now confirmed yourself as smasher, grow up child.
Don't let that guy bother you. He's a jerk to everyone for no reason.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Shears Shears Also just want to point out:

- Does not work with the JaboDirect3D graphic plugin! You can find more information on grpahic plugins here.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
btw how many other sites r there like 19xxte.onlinessb.com/blahblahblah or whatever

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Will release "0.9g," a hotfix for genesis tomorrow. Just making some final touches of the team bug fix to make sure it's completely ready and tournament friendly

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Genesis 3 hotfix has been uploaded with a fix for the N/A team bug, proejctiles being displayed as hitboxes when enabled, and dreamland selected by default. Let me know if you run into any bugs.

Last edited:

GFD

Smash Cadet
There's a major bug that took me a while to figure out the exact cause. Accessing the VS Options menu removes knockback and hitstun from the game.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
There's a major bug that took me a while to figure out the exact cause. Accessing the VS Options menu removes knockback and hitstun from the game.

did this exist in previous versions as well?

edit: found the source of the bug. update pending...

Last edited:

GFD

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this bug is only in both versions of 0.9g. I must say I'm curious as to how this weird bug works / came about.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Yeah, this bug is only in both versions of 0.9g. I must say I'm curious as to how this weird bug works / came about.
The debug menu uses the byte that used to represent the stage select option. To prevent players from changing it, I deleted two lines of code. Small patch that no one would have ever caught so I never mentioned it.

However, the second line is necessary for hit stun, apparently.

19XXTE_0.9G (capital G) is the most recent version and has been uploaded

GFD

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I can't seem to apply this patch. Instead, I get this error message: "xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT"

GFD

Smash Cadet
How would this be fun as a toggle? It renders the game almost entirely unplayable. The only thing that has any kind effect on other fighters is grabs, and they hardly do anything.

Last edited:

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
Removing hit stun would be a really neat feature, but it needs knockback to work!

Cyjorg Cyjorg I would be super excited to see a mode with no hit stun.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
No hitstun/half hit stun would be interesting for sure. Maybe in a later release.

Can someone test the new upload for me?

GFD

Smash Cadet
Looks good, the patch applies fine and the bug is gone. An interesting side-effect is that the red underline appears under Handicap's AUTO option when Stage Select is selected in the VS Options menu, but it's a purely cosmetic issue, and very minor.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
How would this be fun as a toggle? It renders the game almost entirely unplayable. The only thing that has any kind effect on other fighters is grabs, and they hardly do anything.
lol jk or time match and c who can rack up most damage

Last edited:
Top Bottom