• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I have good news and bad news for 0.7. Bad news: I will be scrapping the debug menu until 1.0 later this month. Good news: I can now modify and edit stage collisions. This means 0.7 will release with "Kirby Beta 1: Pokemon Stadium Edition" as a stage. Also, the following features will still be added.

Bug fix: alternate costumes (currently only player 1 can change costumes correctly)
Bug fix: the game freezes if you leave it running. I've disabled the timer to bring it back to the start menu thus "fixing" the freeze
Change: Hyrule Castle's stage preview will be a front view pic

Shears

Smash Master
I have good news and bad news for 0.7. Bad news: I will be scrapping the debug menu until 1.0 later this month. Good news: I can now modify and edit stage collisions. This means 0.7 will release with "Kirby Beta 1: Pokemon Stadium Edition" as a stage. Also, the following features will still be added.
You're a hero.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I would happily have Dreamland PS edition to keep me entertained until v1.0, I can't wait to experiment matches on it.

SmashNES14

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
SLST#716
Since C buttons now go through a list, would you possibly change what selecting a character with a button now does? IE use that to select polygons or metal mario / giant dk?

GolfClubNinja

Smash Rookie
Not possible at the moment. Why exactly?
I was just wondering, it could be used to add more skins (like in PM) or add more taunts to make the d-pad useful, or even create another page in the stage select to seperate tourney stage from non-legal/experimental/beta stages

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Fairly frustrated that I wasted so much time on that stage.. Sorry guys. Hotfix I'm pushing for Xanadu. It's titled Ultra Smash Bros. 0.7 but it's no where near what I promised. It has bug fixes mentioned and access to the vanilla debug menu by exiting versus menu. Just be hype for 1.0

Edit: press start to get out of the menu.

Attachments

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Fairly frustrated that I wasted so much time on that stage.. Sorry guys. Hotfix I'm pushing for Xanadu. It's titled Ultra Smash Bros. 0.7 but it's no where near what I promised. It has bug fixes mentioned and access to the vanilla debug menu by exiting versus menu. Just be hype for 1.0

Edit: press start to get out of the menu.
How do I use this single file?

Last edited:

GFD

Smash Cadet
Huh, the fifth "costumes" for Pikachu and Jigglypuff have unique stock icons with yellow hats. Guess they each had another planned alt that was never finished. Was this ever known before?

caneut

Smash Ace
what happens if you remove the things that make dreamland lag during teams from 19xx????? sprites is what fire said made dl lag so can we remove those to not require OC console?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
What sprites..?
Although I'm unsure of what Caneut has said is actually true or not, I would assume the sprites would be King Dedede in the BG, the flowers, fence, bushes, the tree trunks, the tree's leaves (on the tree) and the leaves that show up when the wind blows. They all appear to be sprites instead of models.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
New patch: stocks always displayed as numbers. This allows you to see how many stocks as polygon character has as well.

rip

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
New patch: stocks always displayed as numbers. This allows you to see how many stocks as polygon character has as well.
Not sure that this is a good idea... It's probably fine if you keep the regular stock icons as well but if you remove them it's going to cause a conflict in UI familiarity for many players and that's not a good thing for having to switch back and forth between 19xx and original. The enhancements in this mod should be just that, enhancements and not changes.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Not sure that this is a good idea... It's probably fine if you keep the regular stock icons as well but if you remove them it's going to cause a conflict in UI familiarity for many players and that's not a good thing for having to switch back and forth between 19xx and original. The enhancements in this mod should be just that, enhancements and not changes.
I agree this mod should only be enhancements, if possible. However, I'm more than willing to make small sacrifices as long as they're intuitive and don't effect gameplay. For example, changing the CButton configuration on the character select screen requires the player to adjust. However, it's a simple and natural change that you can figure out in 10 seconds. It's also not going to decide who wins a set.

Shears

Smash Master
I agree this mod should only be enhancements, if possible. However, I'm more than willing to make small sacrifices as long as they're intuitive and don't effect gameplay. For example, changing the CButton configuration on the character select screen requires the player to adjust. However, it's a simple and natural change that you can figure out in 10 seconds. It's also not going to decide who wins a set.
Regarding character costume changes. Used 19xx last night, not sure if the one we used was up to date all the way but we were able to play polygons with every controller port, however, scrolling through costumes was only available for controller port 1. Also, the results screen never shows scores. Ever. Its great the screen is returned and its return is important to just show a winner but it was always fun to see how many KOs someone had in teams or whatever.

Cool perk, two people can play as the same costume. You can now have 2 blue hat pikas.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Regarding character costume changes. Used 19xx last night, not sure if the one we used was up to date all the way but we were able to play polygons with every controller port, however, scrolling through costumes was only available for controller port 1. Also, the results screen never shows scores. Ever. Its great the screen is returned and its return is important to just show a winner but it was always fun to see how many KOs someone had in teams or whatever.

Cool perk, two people can play as the same costume. You can now have 2 blue hat pikas.
hotifx patch was for the first issue. Second issue is unfortunate and not fixable. In order for the winner to be reported correctly and sudden death to be eliminated, I got rid of the +1 you get for KOing an opponent so whoever dies the least wins. Timed stock matches w/ functioning winner > KO count.

Shears

Smash Master
Ok awesome. I guess we didn't have the patch. I agree, wasn't sure how you fixed the results screen but now knowing how it works it makes sense and is fine. We couldn't use it on vgbc stream last night because gimr was afraid of another pm type thing.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Ok awesome. I guess we didn't have the patch. I agree, wasn't sure how you fixed the results screen but now knowing how it works it makes sense and is fine. We couldn't use it on vgbc stream last night because gimr was afraid of another pm type thing.
:sad:

Next week, mention that Nintendo sponsored Evo 2014 which ran a modified copy of Melee in Grand Finals (proof). You can see the extended name tag.

Morin0

Smash Lord
2 "wrongs" don't make a right. (I noticed that too, but it was probably overlooked by Nintendo.)

I knew GIMR was the reason why you guys weren't using an Ever Drive on the stream setup. I think the best argument that can be made is to liken the mod to 20XXTE, which afaik, is totally legal and is akin to using a GS. Last I checked, GS isn't illegal.

Last edited:

bb010g

Smash Cadet
It's not redesigning characters, it's allowing stage usage and extra features on a game from 17 years ago.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
If you have a Gameshark, please pm me. I need to see if something works on console. So if you want to be the first to test the debug menu...

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Right. And some dummies like stranded thought that the timer would get in the way and distract them but once they played with it they realized it's not a big deal. But the way stock count is displayed could potentially mess with players because they're not used to it. A player might see himself have 2 icons to his opponent's 4 and realize that he has to step it up without thinking about it. Even without counting, you can visually see who's stocks take up more space on the screen, whereas if he saw another number next to the percentage he might take longer than instantly to process that. I mean displaying each individual stock as an icon has been in every smash game, you can't deny it wouldn't be a little jarring for this kind of change.

For another example that may be less subtle, imagine if street fighter just showed a number instead of a health bar.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Right. And some dummies like stranded thought that the timer would get in the way and distract them but once they played with it they realized it's not a big deal. But the way stock count is displayed could potentially mess with players because they're not used to it. A player might see himself have 2 icons to his opponent's 4 and realize that he has to step it up without thinking about it. Even without counting, you can visually see who's stocks take up more space on the screen, whereas if he saw another number next to the percentage he might take longer than instantly to process that. I mean displaying each individual stock as an icon has been in every smash game, you can't deny it wouldn't be a little jarring for this kind of change.

For another example that may be less subtle, imagine if street fighter just showed a number instead of a health bar.
Just going to go out on a limb and say this is slightly exaggerated but the feature didn't make the cut since it didn't fix the problem.

Shears

Smash Master
Just going to go out on a limb and say this is slightly exaggerated but the feature didn't make the cut since it didn't fix the problem.
Is it possible to give the polygons a stock icon? When you fight them they have the little bubble in the top left of the screen, can you set that image to the address of the stock icon when polygons are selected?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Is it possible to give the polygons a stock icon? When you fight them they have the little bubble in the top left of the screen, can you set that image to the address of the stock icon when polygons are selected?
I've probably spent about 3 hours trying to figure this out. If a polygon is selected, their stocks aren't initialized at all. I know this because the functions that read from stock display aren't ran when you play as a polygon character. So whatever function says "load icons for this char" is not ran for polygon characters and I can't find it.

Treedot

Smash Journeyman
I wish it were possible to add new stages without removing old stages. I would like to still have all of the stages available, plus the beta stages too.

Shears

Smash Master
Also, I need an EVERDRIVE owner. Not a gameshark owner.
You should seriously start up a kickstarter or gofundme page or paypal or something. Your work has gained a lot of attention and is getting popular on reddit and fb and across the community. I'm sure if you explained your goals and the work you've done already publicly, people will donate money to help fund your endeavors and so you can get everdrives and gamesharks and such to help you do the best job possible.

Top Bottom