• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
You guys are absolutely amazing, please keep going! Makes me wish I didn't stop my Ultimate Super Smash Bros. Project, I'd love to help but atleast you guys are doing all the things I wished for and I'm loving it!!! Gah! This is soooo genuis! And naw I don't think you should make the SSS remember the cursor, it's stupid, when I return to normal 64 I'm going to hit peaches immediately -.- lol

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
facts hitbox plus extra costumes plus character switch plus extra stages with togglable hazards

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Please make the stage in the top left Dreamland instead of Peachs. Also, get rid of Hyrule since its a terrible broken stage and replaces it with a better stage like Kirby Beta 2.
kirby beta 2 insta crashes consoles when any player dies once, if you can get it to work on an everdrive, hats off

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
honestly dont play on either beta stage. 1 has ledges on the platforms and 2 has abunch of wierd stuff for testing. how about the how to play stage

Shears

Smash Master
honestly dont play on either beta stage. 1 has ledges on the platforms and 2 has abunch of wierd stuff for testing. how about the how to play stage
Those are the reasons we want beta 2. Hyrule serves no purpose as there is no tournament that will ever use it. Beta 2 is great for yolo and low tier tournaments.

bowl

Smash Cadet
fun 19xx glitch. in training mode killing the cpu 5 times results in the computer being defeated and not respawning. if you kill yourself after this it results in the game set text appearing over your screen but you can continue playing until you die 5 times and then it just becomes stuck. same thing if you kill yourself 5 times first it will just sit and watch the cpu

nvm saw someone posted this

Last edited:

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Instead of bickering about Hyrule, perhaps it would be more efficient to just quickly make a 19XXanaduEdition to give them "Kirby Beta 2" over Hyrule. Personally, I think Beta 2's niche is at the same level as Hyrule's, and since Beta 2 has many elements that make it jank, it doesn't make sense to have it over a historically accepted competitive stage; regardless of its perception now.

1) Turns off the L and R buttons on the SSS, so I have more buttons to use
2) Hitting "Z" on the SSS will cause you to be the Polygon version of whichever character you chose on the CSS
If you chose Mario or DK, hitting "R" on the SSS will cause you to be Metal Mario or Giant DK
3) When going back to the CSS or after a match, the polygon/Metal Mario/Giant DK character is returned to the original base character so the game doesn't crash

Bugs/Things I Find Annoying
  • Polygon Stock Icons don't work
  • Metal Mario/Polygons don't have alt colors, so everyone looks the same
  • No way to switch back from polygon/mm/gdk on SSS; have to return to CSS (add an L button function later..?
ASM Files/Basic Explanations of what I did: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8-I4Z0x-xXvTGNmM0dFSXlHTWc&usp=sharing
It would be awesome if the L-button function was for alt stages, since we still have open requests for:
Planet Zebes (with the condition of stationary acid and/or removal of the top platform)
Dream Land (removal of the top platform)
"How to Play Stage" (with the condition of the camera being resolved)
Kirby Beta 2 (with the condition of examining why it crashes and seeing if there's an easy solution)
[are there any emulators that crash on Kirby Beta 2 to give more detailed information about the crash details?]
etc.

That assumes, of course, that it isn't possible to get versions of stages without hazards via a selection in the options menu. [Hyrule Castle, Dream Land, Peach's Castle and Saffron City all deserve a hazardless version, if possible] If that isn't possible, then alt stages should prefer hazardless versions over stage modification when filling in the current 9 spots.

Assuming that we are able to open up more buttons to allow for more options in alt stages [and also assuming that no spots would need to be left for hazardless versions of some stages], I would like to add the following to the long-term hopes of the project in terms of expansion of stages [vaguely in order or priority; or how I see them, anyway--just to point out that Mushroom Kingdom isn't as important as Planet Zebes]:
1. Dream Land, no top platform.
2. Planet Zebes, stationary with platform in the bottom position.
3. "How to Play Stage", with camera problems resolved.
4. Congo Jungle, stationary with the cannon in the middle and the platforms both in the exact middle of the stage, above one another.
5. Kirby Beta 2, stationary with the crash resolved.
6?. Hyrule Castle: would removing the top platform, the top 2 platforms, or all of the platforms makes the stage better? [even if not viably sufficient to some people]
7. Peach's Castle, stationary with the left side and right side balanced. [and made into a ledge, if possible]
8. Saffron City, stationary with the platforms frozen in either the down or up position.
9. Congo Jungle, stationary with the cannon on either side and the platforms right next to each other.
10. Yoshi's Island.
11. Kirby Beta 1.
12. Sector Z, without Arwings.
13. Mushroom Kingdom.
14. Race to the Finish.
1?-15?. Keep up with future requests for stages.

Obviously realizing all of that would require freeing up more buttons by any means necessary, but that is a long term hope to realize. Only 3 buttons are needed to have ALL of those + the option to return to default while still on the SSS.

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
Warning Received
perhaps add a earthbound a fzero stage to rep those 2 cuz they dont have a home stg

maybe even add ice climber stg, flat xone stg, the beginning stg, dr mario stg, tetris stg, paper mario stg, kid icarus stg, excite bike stg, and urban champion stg

Last edited by a moderator:

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Adding custom stages certainly isn't a priority to 19XX at the moment, I wouldn't think.

It does lead into the question of: is there any way that someone could independently make a stage? How could that be done in such a way that it would be possible to have the stage added to the mod? [that is, do we have an understanding of a means to import stages into the game at this moment?]

tehz

Smash Apprentice
As far as I know, no one knows how to import / add new stages / override old stages / what files are stages / what filelist to update / etc.

Of course, no one knows the format of stage data, either, and that's probably what needs to be figured out first

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
We still have the [now removed] old comment from 78Fox64 that seemed to display some sort of stage importing. I don't know why he was banned and had his comments removed, but it would be nice if anyone at all still has communication with him to figure out how he was doing that, if it wasn't fake.

The remnant of his comment is found within a Jorgasms quote from earlier in the thread...

How? Does this replace a level?

Edit: it looks like Peach's Castle?

Last edited:

Luke090

Smash Rookie
This is just a theory but I think 78fox64 is a second account of fox324roja because the custom stage that 78fox64 showed is the same stage as the stage in the trailer for fox324roja smash revolution "hack". I think 78fox64 got banned for being a second account. I think smash revolution is an hd texture hack using rices plug in and he's trying to trick people into thinking its an actual hack I think this because
1. He's given no infromation about how its done I facebooked messeged him and Jorgasms sent a message on his thread and he never gave us any info. He never answers questions
2. The Mario graphic on his character selection screen is way to high quality to be an actual hacked texture the actual dimensions are around 36×36 pixels and it looks like its a rice plugin hack.
3. His Bomberman replaced character can only throw and nothing else like he just replaced the textures of another character?

For other stages in the game people were able to get pokemon stadium into the game by editing dreamland removing the top platform and changing the textures to look like more pokemon stadium.

It looks like Jorgasms is close to getting a second level select screen to work and once that happens we could possibly edit some of the extra levels to be different stages like the beta stages.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
This is just a theory but I think 78fox64 is a second account of fox324roja because the custom stage that 78fox64 showed is the same stage as the stage in the trailer for fox324roja smash revolution "hack". I think 78fox64 got banned for being a second account
He got banned because we thought his account was spam before he was providing these screen caps that could have easily been shopped. He's not very happy about it and actually calls me out at the end op in the ssb revolution thread.

I think smash revolution is an hd texture hack using rices plug in and he's trying to trick people into thinking its an actual hack I think this because
There's a downloadable rom. It's real. How he did it, I don't know since I haven't looked into it since I figured out texture hacking. I

3. His Bomberman replaced character can only throw and nothing else like he just replaced the textures of another character?
He just replaced Fox's model for Falco.

For other stages in the game people were able to get pokemon stadium into the game by editing dreamland removing the top platform and changing the textures to look like more pokemon stadium.
This is what I'm currently working on.

As far as I know, no one knows how to import / add new stages / override old stages / what files are stages / what filelist to update / etc.

Of course, no one knows the format of stage data, either, and that's probably what needs to be figured out first
Except @NOKAUBURE. He's since dropped the project but last time I looked, the stage files were uncompressed which means I should be able to study his gameshark codes to figure this stuff out. He also mentioned that the collisions were stored in the same way that they are in brawl meaning in a pm.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
New Feature: Use the left and right c buttons to scroll through costumes. This allows you to use costumes once only available through the debug menu!

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Also, although it was talked about earlier in this thread and reasonably denied at the time, if it ever becomes possible to utilize the options menu to change many variables at once, then it would probably be interesting to see some balanced changes done to the game by reversing some of the nerfs that occured between the Japanese version of the game and the North American version.

Obviously the game would still boot to the normal NTSC attributes, but just to have the options of having a buffed Link, Luigi, and Ness would be interesting. And I guess you might also give Mario the JPN Fireball, unless that would mess with his matchups too greatly. [also... would DK be better served with JPN weight or NTSC weight?] Other than that, unless there's an obvious change to make to improve a character's viability, I would mostly be hands off with balance, including leaving the high tier matchups alone completely. [Perhaps mess with DK and Samus's air speeds, since Link and Luigi would both be getting air speed buffs as well]

tehz

Smash Apprentice
New Feature: Use the left and right c buttons to scroll through costumes. This allows you to use costumes once only available through the debug menu!
Aw damn, I was going to start working on this code this weekend haha. D-pad L/R for costume and D-pad Up/Down for shading

Madao

I think I'm going to try documenting the files, so that we know where things are. If anyone has a current list, I'd like to see it. Also I can find spawn location and blast zones, if anyone wants / needs them.

If we could add jp version den we could also add jp hit sounds
I believe they already exist in the NTSC version, because you can hear the alternative hit sounds with gameshark.

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
I think I'm going to try documenting the files, so that we know where things are.
Do you think that things like jump height, air speed, attack damage, attack base knockback, attack knockback growth, etc. are going to be in the files somewhere in a simple format to make it easy to change them...?

EDIT: Unrelated, but the only custom stage that I would heavily support being made would be a version of Smashville from Brawl and Smash 4--that is, a flat stage that has a single large platform going from left to right to the point where the platform is completely off the stage. It has seemed to be a fairly popular stage in both Smash games that it's been in, so I think it would be cool to give it inclusion here if custom stages are ever going to become a thing for this mod.

Last edited:

Madao

Do you think that things like jump height, air speed, attack damage, attack base knockback, attack knockback growth, etc. are going to be in the files somewhere in a simple format to make it easy to change them...?
Yes. Character physics is in 1 file per character, from what I've seen. All you have to do is hex search all files simultaneously. Hitbox data is probably in its own file as well.

Shears

Smash Master
Can you return the results screen? Considering this is meant to be tournament edition the results screen is incredibly important. Still don't understand why it was removed in the first place unless this was 19xxfe friendly edition so people can rush through playing friendlies.

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
It is to save time while practicing. Besides there's isn't much info like the newer games like peak damage or distance walked or something and the clear winner is obvious

Shears

Smash Master
It is to save time while practicing. Besides there's isn't much info like the newer games like peak damage or distance walked or something and the clear winner is obvious
This isn't practice edition, or friendly edition, its tournament edition. The win screen is actually very important for that.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Can you return the results screen? Considering this is meant to be tournament edition the results screen is incredibly important. Still don't understand why it was removed in the first place unless this was 19xxfe friendly edition so people can rush through playing friendlies.
In the next release. The current time-stock code breaks the results screen results and my way of 343 Industries style way of fixing it was by removing the results screen.

Shears

Smash Master
In the next release. The current time-stock code breaks the results screen results and my way of 343 Industries style way of fixing it was by removing the results screen.
The only thing that matters for the results screen is to show the number of stocks a player loss. This is important for any match that ends with both players almost dying at the same time and too close for an observer to tell. Its very rare but critically important. I really appreciate your 19xx work as we use it every week at Xanadu and its becoming a tournament standard. Any idea when the next release will be?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
The only thing that matters for the results screen is to show the number of stocks a player loss. This is important for any match that ends with both players almost dying at the same time and too close for an observer to tell. Its very rare but critically important. I really appreciate your 19xx work as we use it every week at Xanadu and its becoming a tournament standard. Any idea when the next release will be?
Im trying to push for a release tomorrow

ProfMak

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to improve the CPU AI? It'd be nice to practice tech chasing when the cpu actually techs, or practice edgeguarding when the cpu doesn't give up after one upb.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Renamed
More costumes
Texture hacked sss
Playable polygon fighters
Fixed time stock matches scoring (although regular time matches are broken)
Brought back the results screen for tournament use
Cursor remembers what stage you played last.
Other bug fixes I'm definitely forgetting

WELCOME TO ULTRA SMASH BROS.!

(If someone could clean up the logo too, that'd be great)

Shears

Smash Master
Renamed
More costumes
Texture hacked sss
Playable polygon fighters
Fixed time stock matches scoring (although regular time matches are broken)
Brought back the results screen for tournament use
Cursor remembers what stage you played last.
Other bug fixes I'm definitely forgetting

WELCOME TO ULTRA SMASH BROS.!

(If someone could clean up the logo too, that'd be great)
ZOMG!

Top Bottom