• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update Get: Mega Man Patch 1.11 Changes

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Unless someone has 2 wii u's or the capability to switch from one update to another its probably not gonna happen.
People are too worried about labeling this update as a buff or nerf. Multiple things got changed Majority being for the worst.

The most notable changes being F smash, metal blade, B Air and crash bomb.
F smash being less safe
Metal blade creating more shield stun
B Air creating more shield stun
and crash bomb no longer shield poking (Why this change was not reported I don't know) people can still just drop shield and prevent a break so its still semi irrelevant.

Don't get the wrong idea back air is still hella unsafe the only things this really did was take the guess work out of shield dropping the option and preventing people from getting jank shield grabs. The real thing people want to be messing with is metal blade on shield (Pick up version. b toss is still not great). Z dropping on shield is a 100% free grab, likewise other options. Z drop to up tilt shield breaking is a legit option currently.
Not like this helps much, getting in that position is almost impossible on half decent players, his hit boxes are still too small and only cover a small portion of what the animation shows and players are still rewarded for just throwing out hitboxes
Auto catching, projectile destruction along with persisting hitboxes after the fact. Lack of followups, lack of damage output, moves with large amounts of startup, moves with large amounts of cooldown. Point is if you're winning its probably because they have a lack of MU EXP or they have some really bad habits this update isn't going to change that.

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Look at the table I posted.

Low damage projectiles get a small buff of added shield stun frames because the new calculation divides by a larger amount but adds a greater amount.

Higher percent damage projectiles get buffed much less.

And all non projectile attacks get a greater buff. So in general it makes us weaker but certain attacks like lemons and item thrown MB got a relatively better buff than most our other attacks.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
The removal of shield lock frames for a slightly missed perfect shield is a significant nerf to pellets imo.

Before, if they shielded a pellet just after the power shield frames, they received an additional 7 frames of shield lock "stun". This has been removed. Given how people play against pellets, this is a fairly frequent occurrence. Imo this patch largely negates any average shield stun benefit from pellets and is overall a nerf to everything that is not bair or fair (or apparently item MB) .

Last edited:

glenn

Smash Cadet
The removal of shield lock frames for a slightly missed perfect shield is a significant nerf to pellets imo.
Yeah this sucks, but at least the power shield window is 25% smaller now, between 1-3 frames.

Does anyone know where the raw data for this patch can be found? Don't care about formatting, just want to peruse some of the nitty gritty. Mostly curious about hitlag modifiers. Googling didn't come up with anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah this sucks, but at least the power shield window is 25% smaller now, between 1-3 frames.

Does anyone know where the raw data for this patch can be found? Don't care about formatting, just want to peruse some of the nitty gritty. Mostly curious about hitlag modifiers. Googling didn't come up with anything.
Please avoid double posting.

I'd suggest sending a PM to either Shaya, Thinkaman or asking in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/mario-enigma-machine-1-1-1-patch-notes.419067/

HaremofScorpions

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1564-4315-4375
I actually think improving our aggressive style is beneficial. Yes, we fair better on defensive play, but seeing as how this patch is starting to allow aggressive play to dominate, we need to balance both defensive and aggressive gameplay.
I play a very aggressive Mega Man and do pretty well at my locals, but some matchups (Mario) get a lot worse if you play aggressive.

Last edited:

BoxedOccaBerrys

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BoXeDOccaBerrys
I apologize for coming into this forum to ask for help against megaman (am i allowed to do this?) but, what should i with a caught metal blade with mario? what should i do with it?

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
Megamans will often spam pellets when a metal blade is stolen to counter it. your best initial bet would prob be to hold onto it and z drop recatch it while doing aerials to pressure mega if you have practiced that enough, or you can down throw/z drop it from above to try to trap them in shield for a grab/hit confirm for example. Megas will know what the blade is capable of however, so the key is to use it in unpredictable ways

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I think that works better when Metal Blade is generated, as opposed to when it is item tossed. Regular MB doesn't have knockback and item toss MB does. You (as non-MM) can obviously only item toss it.

And, at any rate, it's harder to get Mega Man head-on with it since he can just shoot a pellet to cancel it out.

Now I'm wondering if there's anywhere to find out the stats on item toss MB? Kurogane Hammer only has info for regular MB...

If you learn how to fight using only B-moves (and z-drops combined with aerials, if you can do that), you can also just hold onto MB and deny the Mega Man his favorite move. This won't work as well against a Mega Man who knows what he's doing... And Ness's B-moves might not be the best to be limited to against MM...

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
A Mario main has questions?

Mario is frowned upon on these boards, you shouldn't need any help to whip our asses.

Top Bottom