• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Update G&W** Second Characters to Counterpick with for Kirby Mainers Game & Watch

Henryhta

Smash Rookie
snapping turtle, gonna snap your necks muhahaha!!! BUT wait kirby dosen't have a neck :laugh:

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Hey come on look how easy it is to knee lucario. And his projectiles are useless against the almight falcon kick.

Obviously Lucario can't even touch captain falcon. When he tried he just got kneed in the face :)

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Hey I might use him in tourney... especially in winners bracket lol...

Two of his easier matchups are ROB and DDD, Just as easy as lucario and you saw how bad falcon ***** lucario ^^

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
so ur serious, hmm... well lets take a look at the Falcon boards and see what they know. Lol i swear if my fourth is Falcon i'll laugh hilarious

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Lol I'm serious that I may use him but realize when I say one of captain falcons easier matchups, that means slight disadvantage lols XD

edit: this thread has falcon matchups if you want to look. Notice it stops at about even lols. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4749443#post4749443

But yeah one of the people I know champ, he mains all low tier/bottom tier characters and picks the ones to use based on who has the best chance against the opponents main. Against ROBs he usually uses Captain Falcon (I think thats his favorite character to use lol) He is the same guy that 3 stocked that lucario lols
He actually places well too using all bottom/low tier characters =D

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
lol my third (possibly second) is captain falcon. I absolutely love him and counter pick my friends ROB with him.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
gaymanwatch its really hard to deal with. i lost a tourney cause of him. a good person to use too is MK for obviouse reasons

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
as sorry as i an to say this, i'm beginning to learn snake so i can deal with G&W better. I'm pretty much even with G&W when i play but it would be nice to counterpick.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
i knew there was a reason i liked Pika. i'll comment on both MK and Game and Watch

MK
Personally i think this matchup's dead even and i have no problem playing heads up with MK users with my Kirby. I feel Kirby's the only character who can really chase MK safely off the stage for side/gimp KO's.

G&W
I think TL plays Game pretty even. Combo's game pretty well and has a disjointed hitbox with the sword that i BELIEVE matches if not exceeds G&W... barring the chair maybe. but KO's are too tough to get on a Game especially with a character so KO deficient such as TL... IMO at least. Recoveries match up pretty well against each other so to me the match would come down to spacing and who chases off the edge for side KO's better... and i'd give the nod to the game user if TL's your secondary and Game's his main.

he's a tough match up but i'd probably just play him with Kirby... change the strat a bit favoring more Star KO's and less gimps but i don't see Pika playing him any better. thats my 2 cents for now... pizza time :)

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Pika can't counter G&W honestly Kirby shouldnt have a problem against him. Run away and dodge Bair use ground hammer against his Dair, and Brick against his Bup more or less defines the matchup for Kirby

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
^ ya the pika part was more me specific since he's my only counter pick really. i usually get owned by the odd match stick when i face G&W's though. they catch me B airing sometimes.

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
good point, marth is fast, good range, powerful, and tons of other stuff,
to beat him you just need to be the better player.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I know I'm a bit late, but I just wanted to add my two cents in about Snake. For Snake I always use Falco and he's never disappointed me (except for when I forget to use him >.>). Basically all you have to do is start the CG near the middle of any stage and end with either a double dair, or a single dair into a grab release from the cypher. Honestly, the grab release will probably only work once since he can C4 instead and the double dair takes a lot of practice, but it pays off when you 3-stock an unsuspecting Snake. If you have to fight him straightforward, it's a bit more difficult, but not as hard a sfighting with Kirby. Laser spam + nade reflection forces Snake to approach. Once he's in range, dodge the expected ftilt and go for the a combo and finish with the reflector once he DIs far enough back. Switching up with ftilts is a good idea since I'm pretty sure he can block after the a combo, but will more than likely try to retaliate instead of blocking.

As far as G&W goes, I don't have much to add since I've only played 2 competitively and managed to beat both with relative ease. I wouldn't say they were bad, I would moreso say my defensive game is actually pretty good. "Offense sells tickets, defense wins games"

DrkKnight

Smash Cadet
my friend a very expierienced snake user, i 3 stocked with kirby and only took 6 damage on the first stock, i really just did this combo, Fthrow > up air > Fthrow > (jump) Fair > (jump) Dair > Bair 0 - 78
and the Bair was a stage spike because i hit him right into smashville's edge when he recovered from the Dair it was reallyu cool and i wish i could have got a replay of it.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i can't say much b/c of the fact i haven't seen any of ur vids nor vids of ur opponent but if it works it works, thats not a combo btw but a string of attacks that at the time were connected together that ur opponent was not smart enough to get out of. A combo is unavoidable no matter what. A string could have been avoided but at the time wasn't

screeddie

Smash Apprentice
Pit is sounding pretty good just b/c he is one of the few with a more or less neutral match up against MK however he is difficult to master. I think the viable counter picks vs Snake are DDD, Pit, and Pikachu.
Pit definitely isn't a hard matchup for me and I think I'm definitely an above average Snake. (for whatever that's worth) The hardest matchups for me are probably DDD, Pika, Olimar, and Falco. Grab combos kill Snake bad.

Here's an Olimar vs Snake vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_iyIBcGpNA

&
Here's a Falco vs Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZK80maBMY

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I just secondary metaknight now after talking to timmy at a tourney. He pretty much works for any playstyle/matchup problem as my playstyle with metaknight is extremely aggressive and my kirby style is a bait and punish defensive playstyle. And well theres not really a matchup where I can't use metaknight. I mainly use him to own people that play extremely defensive since its a lot easier than trying to bait and punish with kirby.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
unofficially i think Wolf counters Marth. his Bair has the same range as Marth's Bair, his recovery is better, he has a projectile, his reflector can save him at certain times, his Fsmash and Dsmash have crazy range and speed. Although it might be a slight advantage Candy says Wolf vs Marth is easier than anyone else

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
unofficially i think Wolf counters Marth. his Bair has the same range as Marth's Bair, his recovery is better, he has a projectile, his reflector can save him at certain times, his Fsmash and Dsmash have crazy range and speed. Although it might be a slight advantage Candy says Wolf vs Marth is easier than anyone else
That sounds good, but I usually use my generic counterpick which is ROB. This one is kinda difficult since I consider Wolf and ROB both acquired tastes. I love ROB's play style and am actually pretty good with him, but for some reason I just can't play as Wolf. When fighting Marth just remember to spam and make sure you know how to slide toss as well. His dtilt comes out quicker than Marth's fsmash and has almost the same range so its very good for stopping that. ROB's also very heavy and tough to gimp but he can turn it around and easily gimp Marth with lasers cutting off his second jump and shield breaker.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Tru, my problem was my opponent knew how to spike to well making it very difficult plus i'm more agressive with my ROB so i dont cfamp nearly as much as i should making the match easier for my opponent. But with Wolf i can be aggressive.

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
^ camping... though effective... is very boring i find. aggressive play ftw... for friendlies at least

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
i truthfully dont mind goin up against snake with kirby.....so far but ive never played any beast snake players so yah. g&w on the other hand koed my kirby at 60%...basturd i can hardly beat a lvl 8 comp g&w i can but with one stok left and at like 80% ugh

but i think my friend veggi is a good fox player but no vids sry hes got no camera but ill try to work on it

Top Bottom