• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Blog Changes

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ah, the seasonal State of the Blog post.

Our new layout is nearly complete. New layout? Scav! You shouldn’t have! Luckily, I didn’t. Gideon and Kirbyking have dedicated their time to creating a very sleek layout that will seamlessly integrate into the Smashboards network. Everyone loves the minimalist aesthetic of Vonnegut (heh), but when you see Metaknight staring you down you’ll be sold on the switch. And, if you watch carefully, you might catch a glimpse of that elusive beast, the Smashcast. Just be careful not to make any sudden moves. It bites.

In related news, in preparation for the switch to the new layout, we now require registration for commenting. Traffic spikes upward every week now that we update regularly, and our comment trails are bursting with activity. Unfortunately, a large percentage of that activity stems from a few readers who tend to drift off-topic. With registration turned on, the bloggers will be able to spend less time moderating and more time writing.

New readers: please take a moment and read the <a href="http://smashboards.com/announcement.php?f=10&announcementid=41">SWF Global Rules.</a> Reserve comments for thoughtful, on-topic discussion, and avoid profanity. I want our comments to remain active and alive, and requiring registration is the best way to keep them from spiraling out of control.

T

TheJesticle

I think that this brings on a much needed change as well as a new found sense of what the commenter says really matters.

C

CJ

Oooooooh. Look at me I’ve got a password and a screen name I feel so official

kirbykid

BRoomer
BRoomer
^^^
CJ: You should feel official.

That’s all I have to say officially.

D

Darkfur

I like this idea. I’m also looking forward to seeing this new layout.

Happy E3 week everyone!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Bout time! That big red glob that most people would call the SmashBrawl header has been driving me insane for months.

P

PRINCESS PEACH

you guys i will tell you a secret
when are in VS MODE chose zelda and hold the A butten
and chose the stage when the match begins
zelda will be shike
^_^

K

Karleko

I’m looking forward to the new layout, nice touch on the officialness.

Mrirvin

Smash Rookie
yeay new layout where is E3 is there a specific country or something you have to go to or is it on a site ?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yoshi: Just the way the website’s setup and so on.

Mrirvin: Check out IGN or Gamespot for live feeds, or watch G4TV (If you have it)

R

Rupe

I hope this new registration setup means that users can be restricted for various offenses, mainly trolling and general misuse.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Rupe: You are correct. Everyone is encouraged to have fun, but to remain within the SWF global rules.

H

homelessvagrant

Well I just hope it’s not to elaborate, my computers stupid.

Top Bottom