• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UpB superarmor questions

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Could someone elaborate on the superarmor effect from the upB because I have been getting varied effects lately. Once I used the upB against a Falco player who was spamming lasers and went straight threw three lasers to end up right next to him. Other times one arrow from a Toon Link will stop me where I am. Are their some specifics of the move I am unaware of?

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Its heavy armor, not super armor. Some stuff can hit you out of it. Also, its only for a short while, not the whole move.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Well thats what I mean, I now thats how its supposed to work, but I was fighting my friends Falco the other day and avoided his lasers for the entire duration of the move. Is their some way to make this happen?

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
I know it can go through wolf's lasers which have high priority, i thought it was super armor tho, idk, but it does clash with some moves, so i don't really know

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
there are no invincibility frames, and it will only go through falcos lasers if the lasers
hit DK during the armor frames (i dont exactly remember which frames they are) but while he's spinning, the lasers will stop him because falco's lasers hit through normal hitboxes, unlike most projectiles

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
This reminds me of Zanglief's spinning attack. He sidesteps the projectile, but this is an interesting find

Tujex

Smash Ace
When Dk twists to wind up, he has Super Armor and will continue to move depending on what hits him. While spinning, his has hitboxes to his left and right which will run through most projectiles, and clash with others.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
On the ground DK does have super armor while using his up B, anybody who tells you other wise is wrong. it can go through certain projectiles because of priority like the others said.

however DK does have 1-2 invincibility frames on up b when he uses it in the air, but they are very hard to time

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
dude i just now remembered that it was Germany notorious for blitzkrieg.

but even better!
Red DK=Kommie Kong

Luigi player

Smash Master
Does anyone know which frames they are where DK has the armor on the ground and the invincibility frames in the air?

At the SA thread in the tactical discussion someone said DK has invincibility frames at his grounded upB at frame 10 until frame idk...

And during what frames in the air is he invincible? The first 1-2? Or later?

Btw, I'm really sad that they changed his grounded upB at the start... does anyone remember where he in melee had this really strong hit at the start? I miss that...

Tujex

Smash Ace
I don't know the frame numbers....

But at the wind up of his grounded UpB, he has Super Armor, once he starts spinning its gone.

I think the aerial UpB is at the wind up, which is much shorter in the air than on ground.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Its heavy armor, not super armor. Some stuff can hit you out of it. Also, its only for a short while, not the whole move.
no, its superarmor, it just ends right before the attack starts, so theres a window to get knocked out.

aerial upb has invincibility frames as soon as the hitox activates

also, if red kong is veit kong, what does that make blue kong?

The Director

Smash Lord
The superarmor on DK's up b is a great defensive tactic. It can absorb a varying number of things, including CF knees. That's ridiculous.

It's also a good momentum taker as a setup.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Whoa! It goes through knees?!?!?!

DK just became god-tier on my list.

Blue Dk equals Vishnu!

Roager

Smash Ace
dude i just now remembered that it was Germany notorious for blitzkrieg.

but even better!
Red DK=Kommie Kong
Thank you. I thought we had a group *********** on our hands when I read that Blitzkrieg=Soviet...

Top Bottom