• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-tilt

fums63

Smash Apprentice
Is there some way to just disable the up-tilt? Like I don't care if it's replaced, I'm just sick of accidentally using it.

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
If you count dacusing as a move, that's pretty substantial. And I'd say that ganon's forward B is the biggest buff given to any character in the top half from melee. Eazy.
oh it is, but they felt the need to nerf it cause ppl were getting caught by it and then having a hard time escaping it, and i think but dont quote me on this that they made its grab worse, and can somone me if they dont mind why flame choke looses to a normal grab?

Lyric

Smash Rookie
Not only does that cover so many options, but Ganon finally uses his sword! :awesome:
Gah... I want that now

KeyOfTruth

Smash Apprentice
I see ganon leaning towards more of a defensive play style as opposed to falcon and I would love to see a shield cancel for his up tilt. It would make it much more safe, somewhat more practical, and help out his predictability too.

Who knows, maybe there might be some techniques exploiting the suction his up tilt brings.

WeenusChu

Smash Cadet
It would be nice to see a new U-Tilt.
I feel like taunt animations should definitely be tapped into in redesigning characters.

Like the above post, he has the sword from his taunt.
I don't see that offering anything new in particular though, the hitbox on that proposed ability seems to cover most of his F-tilt options.
Why not take something out of Ganon's up-taunt.
He could have some sort of close burst around his body that propels hit individuals up.
It'd be something he could use out of throws, or potentially use out of shield to punish careless shield pressure.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Our pleas have been answered! New Ganon stomp for PM! :awesome:

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
It's a pretty wicked-looking drop-kick. Similar to Falcon's u-tilt, but with a unique animation like Ganon's f and d-tilt. It was shown in JCaesar's Twitch TV stream earlier today, in case anyone's wondering: http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar. Unfortunately I didn't see anyone actually land it, so I don't know what the damage and knockback is like. Hopefully we'll get some concrete details in the next few days.

EDIT: Just saw JCaesar use it a few times in the stream, and it looks pretty damn sexy. Does 22% damage, I think? (But don't quote me on that.) If so, this means it's still the strongest tilt in the game, ignoring Bowser's d-til when both hits connect. It definitely activates much quicker than it used to, but not as quickly as f or d-tilt. Also appears to electrify the opponent on impact. 2.6 looks like it'll be a good time for Ganon mains. ;)

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Despite it's overall uselessness, I think I'll miss the Ganon Axe Kick.

That 2.6 Ganon Curb Stomp is looking mighty promising though...

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Uhm. . . Link?

PLEASE?

Where did you see this?

New up-tilt shows up a lot at around the 3:14:30 mark of this video: http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/b/425412441

Not quite as powerful as the old axe kick, but it comes out amazingly quick in comparison and seems to have pretty decent killing power at around 60% (at least on Fox).

Can't wait to get my hands on some 2.6 Stompy Ganon!

Ninjamo

Smash Cadet
They should just replace it with a slightly weaker version of Cpt Falcon's Upsmash from SSB64. >.>

GeZ

Smash Lord
New up-tilt shows up a lot at around the 3:14:30 mark of this video: http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar/b/425412441

Not quite as powerful as the old axe kick, but it comes out amazingly quick in comparison and seems to have pretty decent killing power at around 60% (at least on Fox).

Can't wait to get my hands on some 2.6 Stompy Ganon!

This is beautiful. I've been waiting for this for so god damn long. My friend who mains Ganon is going to be in tears. But in all seriousness, it looks like it could have some actual usefulness, which is awesome.

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
The new up-tilt is amazing. It gives Ganondorf a few new options. I've already learned that you can d-throw > up-tilt spacies at about 50% for a 3 hit combo.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Extremely solid killmove for gimps and tech punishes without having to rely on Fsmash or Dsmash. It also has a light hitbox at the start when he raises the leg that antiairs!

GeZ

Smash Lord
It's awesome! The combo utility is crazy and it gives him another cool move to use out of Flame Choke and grab. Deffinitely digging this move.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Glad you guys like U-tilt, it was fun to make. FYI, his attacking shin / foot are invincible during the hit frames of the main stomp attack.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
Is it intended that I hit a grounded character with the startup leg lift that then comboed into the second killer hit? Seemed kinda cruel to get such speed on a smash-power killmove. Doesn't work consistently tho.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The setup hit has enough growth to the KB that it's fairly dynamic. It will link into the main hit at different percents strongly depending upon character, %, DI, SDI. So yeah, it's not supposed to be a guaranteed combo by any means, more of a bonus.

Shimesaba

Smash Apprentice
It reminds me a bit of Dr. Doom's M (and H) in Marvel 3. Wonder if that was intentional.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
New up-tilt is everything I could have hoped for and more. It even taps characters behind Ganon, which makes it a little forgiving on whiff.

Props to the PMBR for making the best character in the game even better.

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
The setup hit has enough growth to the KB that it's fairly dynamic. It will link into the main hit at different percents strongly depending upon character, %, DI, SDI. So yeah, it's not supposed to be a guaranteed combo by any means, more of a bonus.
Aww, I kinda wish it had been given fixed knockback so that it would naturally lead into the second hit (depending on DI, of course) but I guess it would be kind of overpowered then.

What's the hitbox like on the downward swing of the leg? Is it active throughout the entire animation or only when his leg hits the ground, like the old u-tilt? I haven't been able to thoroughly test it myself yet.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It's active once his leg touches the ground, but there is a slightly weaker non-electric hit on his upper body.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Im waiting for the change list to see if there is anything other than the u tilt that has changed, but i highly doubt that anything else was noticeably changed though

DarkMagicX2

The Worst Ganondorf Ever
NNID
DarkMagicX2
3DS FC
5386-7375-0560
Im waiting for the change list to see if there is anything other than the u tilt that has changed, but i highly doubt that anything else was noticeably changed though
I'm probably hallucinating, but to me it looks like his down-tilt as more range. I await the change list as well.

Sebovich

Smash Apprentice
He got a lot of aesthetic fixes as far as I can tell! Like lightning on punches and more "Dark Powers" while executing moves. Other than that, Havent noticed anything yet!

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
I'm glad Ganon finally got a new U-tilt. This one feels far more useful due to the less amount of time needed to pull it off (while not being lightning fast and broken).

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Is it just me, or does U-tilt have really good priority? It could just be the slight invincibility Shell mentioned earlier, but boy is it satisfying to land that stomp through an opponent's attack. It's a good finisher off of aerial Flame Choke too.

batistabus

Smash Journeyman
Well...thanks a lot! I haven't experimented much with it, but I'm happy to see something new. It also helps that it looks totally badass.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Is it just me, or does U-tilt have really good priority? It could just be the slight invincibility Shell mentioned earlier, but boy is it satisfying to land that stomp through an opponent's attack. It's a good finisher off of aerial Flame Choke too.
It's probably due to the huge damage it deals.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No it's because people have to show respect for the king.

And you have to teach them every time you push their head down their ribcage by yelling it : "RESPECT FOR THE KING".

Oh and the starting hitbox inside Ganon looks faster than jab. This new Utilt is awesome.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
I love Ganon's Utilt in Pm. I always use it right after a side b, doesn't always work, but when it does.....Damn.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
was at a smashfest for about 8 hours last night. utilt still feels kinda eeeeeeeeh to me. it's much better than the vbrawl/melee iterations, but it's really just a kill move that doesn't cover enough options, imo.

it might get better once i get to a level where i'm trying to bait dodges, thanks to its delay on the strong hit, but so far, it feels very underwhelming in its niche.

Top Bottom