• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up-b > what?

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
OK... I honestly don't quite know how to use the up-b cancel properly. I can do it fairly consistently, but the only time I know I should use it is out of a shield.
Any combos you can do with this? Or is it only used as a combo interrupter?
Anything I can follow the canceled up-b with?

Thanks.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
You generally don't combo with it as the lag is still there. Against falco you can maybe get a fair after it but the main use of it is for attacking out of your sheild- t can beat aerial to shine (too good)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you can use it oos, that's about the only time you'd want to use it (although up+b by itself could be better/easier/safer at times).

you can follow up on FFers, that's it, but you have better combo starters (again, unless your in your shield, which even then grabbing is probably better)

calmchaos

Smash Apprentice
Man... i wish this move were more useful... I love using it so much.
Ive been trying to up b cancel captain falcon and try to start back airing him off the edge.
IDK how great that is but the up b cancel is usually so odd looking that it's surprising.

Oh well

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
It is more useful

I don't use up-b out of shields although that's probably a useful thing to do, from what I hear. I do however annoy the hell out of my opponent by up-b'ing them from underneath platforms and such. Really I found the best use for it is at the end of an arial combo, say you just went like uair->uair then go ->upb. Also it's important you make sure to get the last hit in as the last hit tends to have the most *punch* and knockback. On that note you should also make sure your opponent has a high enough dmg such that you land well before they do post up-b. On a last side note depending on where you make the initial up-b connect with their body you can get some interesting angles of launch

:D

Top Bottom