• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Up B canceling on the ledge to a walljump dair spike

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0tuY7QgdJk&fmt=18

at 0:28, n00b does an up b cancel into a walljump up b.

the first time I saw this I didn't put too much thought into it, but it could probably be worth a stock when edgeguarding people with limited recoveries or MK/etc who chase offstage.

It seems to be mostly possible on FD due to the lip being accessible.

It's a situational trick but it's WORTH A STOCK so it's something to work on.

most people won't think to airdodge the dair or might not be able to on their first time vs it.

so yeah.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Yo at close range, i run off and uair, it sends them at weird angles.. if i'm holding on to the edge i drop from ledge and nair, hoping it will stage spike. dair is too slow. I like to play fast. haha.

If they're medium-far I like zair -> di towards them -> nair -> dj zair its really sexy.. :]

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I find uair offstage to hit them up too much. They usually won't sdi out of offstage uair lol
it does give possibilities to lead into fair, and the last hit of fair when edgeguarding is cool.

I think edgeguarding with up b would be completely random and therefore workable vs characters that have vertical recoveries (Marth/Mario type stuff) even without the canceling into dair.
Then again, it's best to predict when they use up b and just trade with dair wherever they end up.
I find bombs too slow.
I find full charge shot stagespikes not to work because charge shot moves too fast and dissipates against the stage too fast..

We need to figure out a semicharge shot -> dair spike edgeguard.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
there's seriously no alternative term but I feel like I have to avoid using "DI" for simply... aerial movement control or whatever

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You could always use the word "Move". It still exists... This would be pretty awesome to pull off, but it can't be very practical.

Hive

Smash Lord
wait are we talking about edgeguarding people while you're on the ledge and they are off the stage? @.@ <- confused

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i think you misunderstand my mission as a samus main is to be supremely flashy all of the time and only marginally victorious some of the time.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
we are talking about metaknights who will chase you offstage so you up b them and cancel the up b and jump into the wall -> wall jump (because canceling your up b recovers your second jump, always) and dair.

n00b knows where it's at.

Top Bottom