• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UNSW Smash Thread - Now with Possible Meet Arrangments!!

planetstereo

Smash Ace
The UNSW smash thread

This thread is basically to facilitate on campus meets and any other stuff we might want to do.
Furthermore, I have met countless smash players (and maybe even one or two lurkers) on campus that would be dying to get into the scene if given half a chance.

I just need some expressions of interest/let me know your there posts to get the ball rolling. I can add a contact list on this post with all the UNSW students + anyone who lives nearby or just wants to be involved:

Screen Name: Stereo
Name: Nathan
Course: BCom 3rd year
Availability (this semester): Tues, Wed, Thurs
Able to bring: Gamecube, little TV

Screen Name: unreon
Name: Jason
Course: BScience/BOptometry 3rd year
Availability (this semester): Tues, Wed, Thurs, FRIDAY
Able to bring: Gamecube, maybe a TV O_O

The idea is that we can just meet up somewhere around uni, bring our own controllers and just play smash, simple as that.

PS I am not specifically a melee only type but I dont own a wii so if people want to play brawl they are gonna have to bring it themselves :p (I would actually like to play some brawl)

UPDATES!!!!

Basically I'm gonna be moving right near the uni this semester. I mean REALLY close....you guys know where Forsyth Street is?
So I was thinking, would you guys like to pick a time during the week to come over and play some smash. You could even walk over in between classes. Just tell me if and when you guys are free and I'll set it up.
BTW I still only own a GameCube so if any of you want to play brawl (cough cough Shaya cough) we are going to have to make some alternate arangments.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know if the tvs in places like the Quadrangle rooms are able to be used for this sort of thing?

unreon

Smash Ace
Screen Name: unreon
Name: Jason
Course: BScience/BOptometry 3rd year
Availability (this semester): Tues, Wed, Thurs, FRIDAY
Able to bring: Gamecube, maybe a TV O_O

planetstereo

Smash Ace
With regard to the eora lounge, I personally havent worked anything out but that has mostly been due to laziness.
I know that some of the other gaming societies play on the prjectors in the ASB but that might equal lag.

will have to show some real initiative.....

planetstereo

Smash Ace
WHO WHAT WHERE?!

how do I not know about this?
Anime society plays games on tu4esdays from 3-5pm in ASB 220 (I think thats the room) on the projector and one of them told me that a group of halo players does the same... will do some more spading today....

I spoke with some of the arc guys and they say that we are gonna have to start some sort of club or society to hire the rooms to play... will check back with more details later...

Top Bottom