• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unsure Which Character To Main

Leggin

Smash Rookie
I've been playing a wide variety of characters lately, possibly too wide, and I'm having a hard time settling down with even 2 characters.

Right now I'm playing Mario, Luigi, Ness, Bowser, and Doug. (I think that I'm gonna have to drop Doug though as I fear I can't keep up with the pace I'm required to set)

Mario: I love caping, and the fact that he has such great combos. The only thing that worries me is his knockout power.

Luigi: Slip slidin' around, such a wiggly dude. I love how smooth his stage movement is and the pimp-slap/power-prod really suit my fancy.

Ness: My main dude in the 64 variant, DJC'ing is so fun and I'm really interested in the versatility of PK Thunder for tricks and mindgames.

Bowser: Underrated, power is amazing but you get your nipples combo'd off. Fortress is a crazy good tool for edge-guarding and defensive play.

SUMMARY
Although I know there isn't any correct character choice, and that a lot of you are either gonna point out tier lists (completely logical) or how I should "play the character I like most" after trialing all of them for a while, I was just looking for some feedback! Lemme know which you find the most fun/rewarding/whatever!

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Your character selection depends on your personality and likes. If you like speed and agile characters, you would main fox, falco, pika e.t.c

If you like strong characters with a large offence and defensive factor, you would go for ganon, D.K e.t.c.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
If you're worrying about what character to main, I think a better idea would be to just work on tech skill with whatever characters you want to practice with. At some point, you should probably notice what characters you like to practice more with until you decide who to main.

Leggin

Smash Rookie
More often than not I practice tech skill with good ol' Weegee, but that's solely because I started off practicing wavedashing and such with him given the fact that he is the easiest to do it with.

_Xanatos_

Smash Apprentice
Use Weegee! Best wavedash, short hop octuple aerial, shoryuken, and his signature super fish-rocket for massive damage.

Planet Piss

Smash Journeyman
If you main Bowser, you will fill incredible every time you win. That being said, you're going to feel horrible all the time.

I'd pick Doc over Mario any day, though. You have a much greater chance of killing, and it's basically the same character but with slight advantages. It's one of those situations where you'd really only pick one character over the other because of aesthetics/the fact that he's Nintendo's poster child or something.

Weegee's really fun and can be quite the challenge to beat- what with his quick, high-priority rapid succession arials and combo ability. His recovery is just so damn bad though. Smacking Weegee out of his forward b is way too easy, and he's as good as dead if he doesn't have his double jump.

I don't need to explain why you would pick a high-tier character. Let me just say that you shouldn't expect to get very far competitively with a low-tier. Pick who is most fun for you, and if it keeps changing, then keep changing characters if it's what best suits you. Who knows, maybe you have the potential of being a successful multi-char main.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Use Ness. The world need's more Ness mains, and he's probably the most underrated character in the game as of now.

Bing

Smash Master
I'd say Mario or Bowser. Both I find are amusing to play as and I think Mario has the best potential out of the characters your listed(excluding Falcon obv.)

Top Bottom