• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unresponsive C-stick?

WTFA54

Smash Rookie
I'm posting this here because it says "other aspects relating directly to gameplay." and this relates directly to gameplay.

For some reason, when I'm playing brawl it often doesn't register commands on the c-stick. I don't mean they're delayed, they just simply don't happen. I went into the config mode and found that the game recognizes that the c-stick is being used, and when I'm on the menu I can use the c-stick to move it around, but when I'm actually brawling it'll often just not do anything. I currently use the default config with tap jump turned off, and I use the c-stick for smashes and airs. I mean, it took me a while to get using the c-stick to become second nature, and it kinda sucks that it suddenly started being screwy on me. I also never had this problem in melee. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

•Col•

Smash Champion
At first I thought your c-stick might just be broken... But you say it works to tilt the screen around in the menus? o_O Huh, that's weird.

Does it still work for other games?

WTFA54

Smash Rookie
I mean I've done tests where I'm just standing there and i press down or something on the c-stick and nothing happens, or i just jump and try to do a nair and y'know, nada. I guess it's possible though when i'm not testing isolated incidents that i'm being too jittery and spamming to much with my c-stick?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Brawl doesn't register C-Stick actions as actual actions unless you actually move it from neutral to another position relatively quickly. Simply tilting it will do nothing.

WTFA54

Smash Rookie
thanks Ankoku. I was used to only having to tilt, so it was kinda inconsistent. I noticed it DOES occasionally recognize tilts, but not all the time.

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
I've recently had this same problem. The c-stick will work occasionally, but it mostly just won;t register my inputs. I bought a new controller and it works fine now though.

XinShot

Smash Apprentice
lol this happened to me alot
but instead of buying a new controller i just switched ports
worked fine after

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Dammit Ankoku! (stole what I was gonna say).
Also, do it with a different controller yours may be broken. (Like Meta Knight) lol
lol this happened to me alot
but instead of buying a new controller i just switched ports
worked fine after
Or it could be this.

C-Stick has a gender? My c-stick can't move himself for anything...

On Topic: Yeah I've had this issue b4 but I was using a wireless controller.

@6Mizu, cursing is supposed to be censored
I spelled it wrong.......I'll fix it. lol

Also, C-sticks have a gender? lol

saqer

Smash Rookie
I have a similar but rather unusual problem with my gamecube controller. C-stick doesn't work at all and even reconnecting it or switching ports doesn't help but after i restart (not simply turning it off and on again) my gamecube or wii the controller works normally.

Top Bottom