• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Thanks. Will come in handy if I need to go back to 1.0, should I encounter much more freezing from 1.75 in the future, and hopefully will be a good reference for others too.

Perhaps more importantly, great to hear the news of that other custom build in progress.

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
If you use the right combination of files, yes.
Perhaps I should give you guys what I use, it contains what files I like throughout Bagan's process that have no glitches (save for the down special glitch).

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way to take 1.0 and just add ladder functionality so I can use Ridley in SSE?
Does he still crashes after match ends? If no, then its a good thing. Grab crashing will most likely be easy to fix.

"What is a fair balance? A miserable little pile of codes! Enough talk, have at you! *OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD SCREAM*"
I'm not sure if he crashes after the match ends, I didn't get that far. I'll take a look and see and edit what happens.

EDIT: I played like five one stock matches against a level 1 Big Boss Snake. The matches went fine and ended fine, the ending animation with the Metroid is pretty freaking rad! However when I was done dinking with that I tried to grab and it did indeed crash instantly. I avoided grabbing the entire time except then. I know grabs didn't crash it before but it would crash in the SSE at times even after the ladder fix.

I was using the 1.77 build by the way. Installed 1.76 first, then .77. I just dragged and replaced the files with what was already there. No idea if that matters or if it could mess anything up, but just a step by step what I did.

If you use the right combination of files, yes.
Perhaps I should give you guys what I use, it contains what files I like throughout Bagan's process that have no glitches (save for the down special glitch).
Down special glitch? I'd love to have what you use, if the glitches are minimal. As long as I can use Ridley in SSE and it doesn't crash much, I'll be happy. Also Blackhound when does it crash with all that you use, and does what you use have mostly the balanced moves? How about the color swap fix? Also, when does it happen to crash for you? I know it's important for others and I hope it's fixed, but for me and my cousin we mainly just want one on one to function as well as SSE.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is there any way to take 1.0 and just add ladder functionality so I can use Ridley in SSE?

I'm not sure if he crashes after the match ends, I didn't get that far. I'll take a look and see and edit what happens.

EDIT: I played like five one stock matches against a level 1 Big Boss Snake. The matches went fine and ended fine, the ending animation with the Metroid is pretty freaking rad! However when I was done dinking with that I tried to grab and it did indeed crash instantly. I avoided grabbing the entire time except then. I know grabs didn't crash it before but it would crash in the SSE at times even after the ladder fix.

I was using the 1.77 build by the way. Installed 1.76 first, then .77. I just dragged and replaced the files with what was already there. No idea if that matters or if it could mess anything up, but just a step by step what I did.
Not without possibly causing same issue as with v1.5 and above.

Oh, thats great. I'll try to fix grab and then we'll see how it goes.
EDIT: i found out what exactly causes the issue with the grab. Will be fixed.

Well, at least some of you accept it like that. You know, i'll try to upload my build with only Ridley (v1.75, crashes only after like 10 matches) installed. I just need to change back few things like replacing Brinstar Depths with Norfair, Norfair with Skyworld (i replaced Skyworld with Norfair to make it Ridley's home stage instead of Skyworld), SJS ZSS with vBrawl ZSS and remove custom music and it will be done.

Last edited:

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
Bagan, I'm gonna say, you're amazing for making this mod for a character that everyone wants in Smash.

I'm gonna test out the new download after school.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros Just got done testing the new file. All previous glitches are fixed and there are no freezes! HOORAY!!! Only with one exception, he goes into T-pose when you try and glide. Besides that everything is spot on and fantastic! No problems from any items or the different recolors. I'd say this is a great milestone!

Dos efes

Smash Cadet
Try this one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yeh78n3ybzf08vp/FitPit.pac?dl=0 It has fixed subroutine external code (before, it was just nulled one and that caused the crashing) on grab, so, it shouldn't crash now.
After testing this new download (1.78?) on dolphin, I'm glad to report that I didn't experience any crash whatsoever. I could finish matches with no freezing, win or lose (Five in a row). Then I tested individual moves. Down special seemed just fine, as were grabs. I tried all four directions for them and it is good. Then I tried some dittos, and everything was fine. It seems you may have struck gold, Bagan, but not quite!

A problem remains. Gliding is now broken. Ridley goes T-Pose, and gets stuck there unless someone hits him.

That's all. Thanks for not giving up!

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Also if your making Metroid stages could I get the Dark Samus Boss Battle Theme from Corruption in one of them? Stuff was awesome and hypnotic.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Also if your making Metroid stages could I get the Dark Samus Boss Battle Theme from Corruption in one of them? Stuff was awesome and hypnotic.
If you want just the music, you can use the site Brawl Custom Music to add Dark Samus's Boss Battle Theme into the game. The only catch is that you need to replace one of the existing tracks with it.

http://brawlcustommusic.com/

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Just got done dinking around with Ridley for about 20 minutes. Not a single freeze. The only gripe I have still is the announcer used. Not sure why Mewtwo, Snake, and Sonic are weird noises. Any chance you could just use the original Brawl/PM announcer and have Ridleys announced name be one of his roars?

That's a minor thing though, otherwise so far it's fantastic Bagan!

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
OMG Ridley now works!!!!!!!! Sooooooo what will the version number change to with all the proper fixing and stuff... or are the fixes already in the download on the vault?

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
I can happily confirm that Ridley is crash free on a hackless Wii! Although I did encounter a harmless glitch. Right after Ridley uses a Super Scope, he glows yellow whenever charging shots or manually charging Smash attacks. It also happens whenever he's supposed to flicker like when recovering from his recovery or entering doors in the SSE mode. It doesn't cause any crashes, just makes him glow yellow. That might not be a problem with the mod, but just Project M in general though, but I wouldn't know either way since I'm no programmer.

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Wait, it is only a FitPit. Do I just put this in my 1.75 Ridley?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Up-B doesn't snap to ledge anymore.

Intentional?
No. At least he (probably) can't do that SCREECHSCREECH thing anymore.
You can do that and even more by yourself. You just need Brawl music ID list, BRSTM file from Brawl Bustom Music site and basic knowledge of where things should go (pf>sound>strm).
Just got done dinking around with Ridley for about 20 minutes. Not a single freeze. The only gripe I have still is the announcer used. Not sure why Mewtwo, Snake, and Sonic are weird noises. Any chance you could just use the original Brawl/PM announcer and have Ridleys announced name be one of his roars?

That's a minor thing though, otherwise so far it's fantastic Bagan!
You mean Mewtwo is MewBRRRR now or something like that? I don't know why. I could mess around with SSB Crusade announcer instead so he would sound deeper and older. Will still sound different, but better than nothing.
I can happily confirm that Ridley is crash free on a hackless Wii! Although I did encounter a harmless glitch. Right after Ridley uses a Super Scope, he glows yellow whenever charging shots or manually charging Smash attacks. It also happens whenever he's supposed to flicker like when recovering from his recovery or entering doors in the SSE mode. It doesn't cause any crashes, just makes him glow yellow. That might not be a problem with the mod, but just Project M in general though, but I wouldn't know either way since I'm no programmer.
Its been here since v1.0. It also can be caused by Zelda's DThrow, but with pink glow instead.

Its good to hear that it works! Will update the Brawl Vault entry right now with fixed file. I also fixed something i left out in v1.77 (he could move left and right while using DAir, something he shouldn't be able to do) and increased landing lag on aerial attacks except for DAir.

OmegaX5000

Smash Journeyman
No. At least he (probably) can't do that SCREECHSCREECH thing anymore.

You can do that and even more by yourself. You just need Brawl music ID list, BRSTM file from Brawl Bustom Music site and basic knowledge of where things should go (pf>sound>strm).

You mean Mewtwo is MewBRRRR now or something like that? I don't know why. I could mess around with SSB Crusade announcer instead so he would sound deeper and older. Will still sound different, but better than nothing.

Its been here since v1.0. It also can be caused by Zelda's DThrow, but with pink glow instead.

Its good to hear that it works! Will update the Brawl Vault entry right now with fixed file. I also fixed something i left out in v1.77 (he could move left and right while using DAir, something he shouldn't be able to do) and increased landing lag on aerial attacks except for DAir.
1.0 of Project M or 1.0 of Ridley? Sorry, just wanted a little clarification.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Yeah, and now the move sucks for recovering. :(
He still has other options for that. Will try to make it snap at ledges again AND keep SCREECHSCREECH disabled.

All that is left for desaturated textures to be uploaded are in-game screenshots. There is no Other M texture since i wanted to keep it accurate and why would you choose it if there already is default color anyway? No CSPs, BPs, etc. for now.

ShamRochi

Smash Cadet
I'm about to get home. I'm so excited to try this out! Not only was he my most wanted character, but now I get to use him in Project M! Bagan you're the man

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros
Someone beat you to that. I never knew I could do that.
Its awesome. Also I'm so happy for you. You finally did it haha. What's the name of the model?
And you tweaked up some thin tested flawless one?
Should I redownload the file you setup?

Weiss

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-5576-8555
Is its name 1.77 or what haha?
I was talking about you telling me about the music. Someone already did.
And cool (hopefully no crashing involved). :-p
Fixes the ledge climbing?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Is its name 1.77 or what haha?
I was talking about you telling me about the music. Someone already did.
And cool (hopefully no crashing involved). :-p
Fixes the ledge climbing?
Yes.
Not yet.
I'm new to this, can someone teach me how to do this?
Install this mod? Just import projectm and codes folder into you sd card so they would merge with already existing folders. Unless you don't have Project M 3.5 installed.

Spikeless model is now uploading. Here is a single preview:

Top Bottom