• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unofficial Project M Ridley - CLASSIC RIDLEY BETA RELEASED! 31/10/16

What is your opinion on this hack?

• Total voters

latinking

Smash Apprentice
For now, only links. And victory theme, thanks to themaziest again.
Do you mean to say that the victory them problem has been fixed in the links? Or that the music is among the things that you plan on fixing later, along with the two problems I mentioned before?

Just making sure if I'm missing any downloads.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Do you mean to say that the victory them problem has been fixed in the links? Or that the music is among the things that you plan on fixing later, along with the two problems I mentioned before?

Just making sure if I'm missing any downloads.
Its fixed, but links have not been updated, so, its still not loud enough there. Down Smash and fireballs are going to be fixed.
EDIT: whoops, mistook few things. Sounds are fixed instead to be less repetitive.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I found out what causes neutral B in the air to cancel itself - i put code that should have put him into ground version of the special at the same frame (so, if he lands in the middle of animation, he goes to the middle of ground version's animation), but i forgot to put If *requirement* code that would make transition only if he touches the ground. And since i added code to ground version that causes Ridley to go into falling state to fix bug on disappearing platforms, he went to falling state instead of doing anything.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
whoops, mistook few things. Sounds are fixed instead to be less repetitive.
Cool. So next update will have more diverse sound effects for Ridley, victory theme will be louder, fireball and down smash will be solved, along with anything else you have in mind correct?

I'll be sure to check the thread often for the update. Thank you again BaganSmashBros.

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
Bagan the problem(game freezes) now occurs whenever i deselect ridley. I do have custom music on my project m. Could that be the problem???? (also what is the fitpitspy.pac for???)

Last edited:

latinking

Smash Apprentice

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Cool. So next update will have more diverse sound effects for Ridley, victory theme will be louder, fireball and down smash will be solved, along with anything else you have in mind correct?

I'll be sure to check the thread often for the update. Thank you again BaganSmashBros.
Yes. That and following changes:
  1. Nerfed glide (speed cut by 1/3rd of it).
  2. Increased end lag and decreased range on FTilt and Down Smash.
  3. Fixed Up Smash's first hit hitboxes.
  4. Jab combo with different last hit (another claw swipe similar to dash attack so it would better match the source, be overall more useful and without chance of sourspot hitting instead).
  5. Nerfed damage and knockback on BAir.
  6. SCREECH SCREECH (if Mewtwo had whoop whoop, then why not this for Up B ledge regrab?) removed.
  7. Increased end lag on successful DAir.
  8. Metroid Prime roars as extra sounds replacement.
  9. Better instructions.
  10. Slightly nerfed knockback on Side B.
  11. Buffed Down Smash (knockback and damage).
  12. All sourspots on tail decreased to 3% with weak knockback.
  13. Buffed glide attack (knockback).
  14. Added special version of Side B (Omega Ridley's dash attack).

zan-who now
That insane dude from Twilight Princess and Hyrule Warriors.
Bagan the problem(game freezes) now occurs whenever i deselect ridley. I do have custom music on my project m. Could that be the problem???? (also what is the fitpitspy.pac for???)
I doubt it. Fit*character's name*Spy.pac files are used for invisible special Brawl mode.
Does anyone else has those problems?
Does anyone know what this file does exactly? I was hoping this would make the Smash Bros Crusade announcer say Ridley when I select him, but after putting it in my project m files, it hasn't changed anything.

What did I replace when I merged it with project m files?
It should do its work.
After downloading that SSB Crusade announcer, you put this instead of what originally was in that pack as 223.sawnd. All of that goes to projectm\pf\sfx folder.

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
  4. Jab combo with different last hit (another claw swipe similar to dash attack so it would better match the source, be overall more useful and without chance of sourspot hitting instead).
  6. SCREECH SCREECH (if Mewtwo had whoop whoop, then why not this for Up B ledge regrab?) removed.
  9. Better instructions.

I doubt it. Fit*character's name*Spy.pac files are used for invisible special Brawl mode.

It should do its work.
After downloading that SSB Crusade announcer, you put this instead of what originally was in that pack as 223.sawnd. All of that goes to projectm\pf\sfx folder.

I will try a fresh download of pm 3.5 with nothing but ridley on it to see if that works

latinking

Smash Apprentice
  9. Better instructions.
Cool changes, though not too happy with number 6 and 7. Ah well.

It should do its work.
I didn't download the SSB Crusade announcer. I just put the sawnd file. Does that mean if I download the Crusade announcer, it will replace the original announcer entirely throughout the game? I just wanted to replace the announcer for Pit. So the sawnd file I put in my files earlier will make no changes whatsoever UNTIL I download Crusade announcer?

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Cool changes, though not too happy with number 6 and 7. Ah well.

I didn't download the SSB Crusade announcer. I just put the sawnd file. Does that mean if I download the Crusade announcer, it will replace the original announcer entirely throughout the game? I just wanted to replace the announcer for Pit. So the sawnd file I put in my files earlier will make no changes whatsoever UNTIL I download Crusade announcer?
SCREECH SCREECH is too good for camping ledges, as shown in the stream by FrameZeroGaming/SoulOfSmash. Invincibility loss doesn't helps much.

Yes. Well, if you want to be consistent with announcer, then do it. Otherwise, it will sound out-of-place. It should make change even without Crusade announcer, but it also replaces other announcer calls for characters. I will prepare another 223.sawnd file for those who doesn't cares about inconsistent announcer.

Last edited:

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
  9. Better instructions.

It should do its work.
Hey! Is this out now? Or will be in the next version? Sorry I'm just unclear.
Also I think you should (*if possible) have all versions available to download in the OP. Just to be able to refrence any old version at will.

Chag0

Smash Cadet
Amazing work, but I'm having the same issue with Team Battles (crashes when switch to Team Battles in the CSS while Ridley is selected)

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Bagan in the next update are you able to add ladder animations? and fix the team battle problem?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Hey! Is this out now? Or will be in the next version? Sorry I'm just unclear.
Also I think you should (*if possible) have all versions available to download in the OP. Just to be able to refrence any old version at will.
It will be in next version.
Of course. They will not be links to Brawl Vault and instead just direct links.
Bagan in the next update are you able to add ladder animations? and fix the team battle problem?
Probably yes. Not sure about latter one.

latinking

Smash Apprentice
SCREECH SCREECH is too good for camping ledges, as shown in the stream by FrameZeroGaming/SoulOfSmash. Invincibility loss doesn't helps much.
OHHH. I thought you had removed the cool sound effect that plays when Ridley gets up from a ledge over 100% damage lol. As for the increased lag in Down Air, I fear that it may be next to impossible to get 2 consecutive hits in. Only testing will tell I suppose.

Yes. Well, if you want to be consistent with announcer, then do it. Otherwise, it will sound out-of-place. It should make change even without Crusade announcer, but it also replaces other announcer calls for characters. I will prepare another 223.sawnd file for those who doesn't cares about inconsistent announcer.
PERFECT.

Last edited:

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
For anyone who's having trouble installing the mod, I uploaded two packs for you guys. The only detail is that I didn't use cBliss, so you won't have all of his costumes, sorry about that :( The costumes I didn't use are Other M Ridley, Firebrand, and Ridleyzard.

Anyways, here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkszxcse1anl7f1/Non BrawlBox users.rar?dl=0
That one is for people who have zero knowledge about replacing stuff by themselves, or don't use BrawlBox. So you can just get that and literally copy everything to your SD card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cz6448xbd1lfkr/BrawlBox users.rar?dl=0 and this one's for people who know how to use BrawlBox. The only difference is that I included all the portraits so you can replace them yourselves and can keep anything of you custom content, if you had any.

I hope this is helpful guise, and have fun with this gorgeous mod.

Last edited:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Hope to try out the mod soon, it looks interesting, but very well done, no final smash though I assume?

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
When Bagan was making this PSA he said that he reached the file size limit this means he had too many animations so he took out the Ladder and Trophy Stand animations
Bagan said he wasn't sure about the "latter one", not ladder one. Latter meaning the second part of what you had said, which was not the part about the ladder.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
For anyone who's having trouble installing the mod, I uploaded two packs for you guys. The only detail is that I didn't use cBliss, so you won't have all of his costumes, sorry about that :( The costumes I didn't use are Other M Ridley, Firebrand, and Ridleyzard.

Anyways, here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkszxcse1anl7f1/Non BrawlBox users.rar?dl=0
That one is for people who have zero knowledge about replacing stuff by themselves, or don't use BrawlBox. So you can just get that and literally copy everything to your SD card.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2cz6448xbd1lfkr/BrawlBox users.rar?dl=0 and this one's for people who know how to use BrawlBox. The only difference is that I included all the portraits so you can replace them yourselves and can keep anything of you custom content, if you had any.

I hope this is helpful guise, and have fun with this gorgeous mod.
I think it would be better to include that .gct file from OP for non brawlbox users version. Either way, thanks for this.
Hope to try out the mod soon, it looks interesting, but very well done, no final smash though I assume?
There is. It is pretty much a guaranteed KO if it hits, but it has limited range (smaller than Norfair horizontally and same size or even smaller vertically than Ridley himself) unlike other directional FS like Zero Laser and Light Arrow, which have infinite horizontal range, or Aura Storm, which has infinite vertical range.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
  9. Better instructions.
Awesome. I can agree with the majority of these. 4, 5, and 10 I agree with the most.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Alright, @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I have...

Replaced the coding

Replaced Config 5

Deleted all of Pits original files in his file folder

And replaced them with "Ridley - Villain PM needs.rar"

I have made at least some progress, as I can see Ridley on the character select screen. What I don't get is how can I import info, sound, etc into pf when I've always seen them in pf in the first place? Also, the only Ridley thing I've downloaded is "Ridley - Villain PM needs.rar", but I feel there are supposed to be more files because everyone else is talking like there are. Is this normal, or is my computer potentially outdated because it cant read RAR files?

Programming in college is gonna be a nightmare for me, and I'm older than you. (( ;_; ))

Last edited:

VenomSymbiote

Smash Journeyman
Are you removing the Fusion roar all together, or just the dizzy effect? I don't mind the dizzy effect going but I'd like the alt roar to stay if possible.

UltimateHylian

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yorch2296
3DS FC
1650-2285-2395
I think it would be better to include that .gct file from OP for non brawlbox users version. Either way, thanks for this.

There is. It is pretty much a guaranteed KO if it hits, but it has limited range (smaller than Norfair horizontally and same size or even smaller vertically than Ridley himself) unlike other directional FS like Zero Laser and Light Arrow, which have infinite horizontal range, or Aura Storm, which has infinite vertical range.
No problem man. I've been using the stage expansion and didn't want to replace my .gct file, so I quickly added the codes for the Ridley name and Metroid franchise icon to a vPM .gct. Sorry about that lol. Anyways I did this mainly for people who don't know much about modding so it'd be easier for them. If anyone doesn't mind not having all of Ridley's costumes then they are free to download.

I'm sure you'll get things organized for the next version now that we've seen people not being able to install it properly lol.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Alright, @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I have...

Replaced the coding

Replaced Config 5

Deleted all of Pits original files in his file folder

And replaced them with "Ridley - Villain PM needs.rar"

I have made at least some progress, as I can see Ridley on the character select screen. What I don't get is how can I import info, sound, etc into pf when I've always seen them in pf in the first place? Also, the only Ridley thing I've downloaded is "Ridley - Villain PM needs.rar", but I feel there are supposed to be more files because everyone else is talking like there are. Is this normal, or is my computer potentially outdated because it cant read RAR files?

Programming in college is gonna be a nightmare for me, and I'm older than you. ((;_;))
Just copy and paste them here. They will merge with existing folders.
Are you removing the Fusion roar all together, or just the dizzy effect? I don't mind the dizzy effect going but I'd like the alt roar to stay if possible.
Just reducing volume to be loud, but not that much.
@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I saw in the OP it said a BrawlEx port would be made later, but do you have any idea when that will be?
Once i'll be done with balancing.

Last edited:

ggmonx

Smash Cadet
so still no idea about what is causing the team deselect crash in css. tested it with fresh 3.5 and still freezes but works for 3.02. Need help plz

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
So every time a match ends the game freezes, classic mode is fine though.
I don't know about you but every match for me ends perfectly but every time Classic Mode goes to Sonic the game freezes I don't know what is happening but I'm using vPM (Vanilla Project M)

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
So it looks like I can't t use the nes brand and other m colors because if I win OR lose the game will freeze.

Top Bottom