• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unlocking Jigglypuff in the American version

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone successfully done it? How? All of the FAQ's that I've seen state that I need to either complete Event 20 or complete Classic Mode or play 350 versus matches. I've completed Event 20 on Intense difficulty, beat Classic Mode on Intense with 10 different characters and I still haven't gotten her yet. I have yet to play 350 versus matches, but I'd rather not if there's a faster way to get Jiggly. So, anyone know about this?

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
I think you need to beat the SSE 1st (and if you've done that, getting the key and opening the door seems easier), but I'm not sure.

There's probably some thread on how to unlock everything somewhere in these forums anyways.

saud

Smash Lord
I got Jigglypuff by beating event matches 1-20. Worked for me (in the Japanese version.)

I think #8 was the last I completed, not sure.

EDIT: SSE was beat before doing that, not sure if it matters.

slowslow325

Smash Rookie
Alright, I'm sick of people that ask that every time someone mentions having the American version. Some stores leaked it out already, get over it people.
You are a god **** mother ****ing ***** who likes to **** you ****ing mom. You are tired of every ****ing thing that everyone does on this ****ing forum! Go **** Yourself! Some people don't know that stores leaked it. I'm also kinda am a noob and not sure if the release date was yesterday not today. **** you. You are a *****. Screw you. I see you on every forum saying "I'm tired of people saying how do you get the Japan version" or "How do you unlock Mario" etc. Some people are noobs. **** you. You are a god **** *****. If you're so tired of everything then go to sleep... 6 feet under. **** you. Get the god **** hell off these ****ing forums. SUCK MY MOTHER ****ING ****. Maybe you should get over it instead of telling other ****ing people to get over it. You like ****.

B. Rock

Smash Rookie
You are a god **** mother ****ing ***** who likes to **** you ****ing mom. You are tired of every ****ing thing that everyone does on this ****ing forum! Go **** Yourself! Some people don't know that stores leaked it. I'm also kinda am a noob and not sure if the release date was yesterday not today. **** you. You are a *****. Screw you. I see you on every forum saying "I'm tired of people saying how do you get the Japan version" or "How do you unlock Mario" etc. Some people are noobs. **** you. You are a god **** *****. If you're so tired of everything then go to sleep... 6 feet under. **** you. Get the god **** hell off these ****ing forums. SUCK MY MOTHER ****ING ****. Maybe you should get over it instead of telling other ****ing people to get over it. You like ****.
It's all the asterisks that make it funny.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
*claps*

Good job muffin, I hope you feel better about yourself.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I think you need to beat the SSE 1st (and if you've done that, getting the key and opening the door seems easier), but I'm not sure.

There's probably some thread on how to unlock everything somewhere in these forums anyways.
Sorry for sounding like a total noob, but which key and door are you referring to? I'm assuming that it's similar to Wolf's unlock method in that there's a specific area of a certain SSE stage you visit, but could I ask which one?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well I stayed up all saturday night and beat SSE so I could unlock Jigglypuff.

Now i have him and it makes me happy.

Evilmanta

Smash Rookie
Well I"ve done it twice at this point, and still no "Challenger Approaching". Might need to beat SSE first eh?

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
yeah. You have to beat sse. then go to a hidden door that appears. Search unlocking jigglypuff sse on youtube. 3 or 4 videos showing which door will pop up. It took me around 9.5 hours to beat sse on normal mode. Tedious tedious gameplay.

launchpadmcqak13

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHA! Oh man. Hilarious.

Necrochild313

Smash Apprentice
Getting to 350 wins now by spamming start on Flowerhead Stamina Fast Brawl with the enemy at 1 HP.

I tried the SSE way, I don't have patience for that garbage. That's the kind of thing I'd do off an on, I want my main NOW!

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Me and my bro just beat SSE and then you go through a certain door to get Jiggly. Its pretty easy.

Id recommend doing this instead of 450 vs matches or whatever it is. Because you'll be in the spot to get the rest of the characters too.

webrunner

Smash Apprentice
I beat SSE and did Event 20 but nothing. Maybe you have to beat all th events up to 20?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
You have to beat events 1 thru 20, not just twenty. I did it yesterday and was immediately challenged
Did you beat them all on the same difficulty?

And have you beaten sse?

I have all but 2 beaten on hard, other 2 on easy, and I cant even unlock the rest of the events. Is this because I havent beaten sse?

Thanks

optimusprimm

Smash Rookie
Okay, here's the deal folks:

Step 1: Beat the subspace emissary. Completely, any difficulty.
Step 2: Choose one: Beat events 1-20 OR Clear classic mode with any NON-Ike NON-Zelda game character OR find the new door in the Swamp in SSE. There is a new door after the Giant Diddy fight if you skip the barrel cannons.

Gotian

Smash Rookie

Step 2: Choose one: Beat events 1-20 OR Clear classic mode with any NON-Ike NON-Zelda game character OR find the new door in the Swamp in SSE. There is a new door after the Giant Diddy fight if you skip the barrel cannons.
First tim ei beat classic i got captain falcon. Second time I beat it (with Wolf) I was challenged by toon link, I lost to him, he moves faster than I thought he would. I tried again with Pokemon trainer cause i thought that would unlock jiggly, nope toon link again. I beat him and so Im gonna try again.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman

Ok, have you done that yet? I understand that you can READ and went to gamefaqs.com or somewhere and read that, BUT it has not worked for me.

Just like it says "beat Classic with Link to get Toon Link" that doesnt work.

So...Please only respond if you HAVE GOTTEN jiggly, because surprisingly enough, I looked it up just like you did, but I did not get the results.

Union Carbine

Smash Rookie
I Got Jiggly Last Night...

So...Please only respond if you HAVE GOTTEN jiggly, because surprisingly enough, I looked it up just like you did, but I did not get the results.
I got Jiggly last night. Here is what I did:

I had initially completed SSE Sunday night. Last night, I went back in, and, after unlocking Toon Link, went to the Swamp stage. After working through the first two (I think) swamp sections, I fought Giant Diddy. After that fight, there's a door in the middle of the next section. Going through that door triggers Jiggly's cinematic and then a 1-on-1 fight. It took me a few fights to win because I'm not that good and you only get one shot. if you fail, the stage ends and you have to start the entire stage over again to get another shot. However, after a few tries, I got the win and unlocked her.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
You don't get Puff as a result of beating SSE; you gain the potential to unlock Puff as a result of beating SSE.

Union Carbine

Smash Rookie
i beat sse and i still dont have puff. i did most of it on easy to be fast. whats wrong?
Read my post. Once you finish SSE, you have to go back in, and go to the swamp stage. There will be a door in the middle of the second or third section, go through it, and she will challenge you.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
The quitter's reward.

1) Start event 20 on hard
2) Pause
3) L+R+A+Start (Quit)
4) It didn't freeze, wait a little bit
5) A challenger approaches!

I'm not sure how replicatable this is, but it worked for my north american copy, and another person's. I had previously beaten SSE.

First Brawl cheat?

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I beat SSE (defeated the last boss; 81% complete), and after that I unlocked Jigglypuff by beating Event Matches 1-20 (Completing only 20 doesn't work; you must complete all up to 20; i know this because i beat only a few matches and then 20).

1) Start event 20 on hard
2) Pause
3) L+R+A+Start (Quit)
4) It didn't freeze, wait a little bit
5) A challenger approaches!

I'm not sure how replicatable this is, but it worked for my north american copy, and another person's. I had previously beaten SSE.

First Brawl cheat?
That didn't work for me... unless i'm quitting at the wrong point in the match. I have a north american copy.

Top Bottom