• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

University of Texas - Austin

What events do you want to see at our meetings?

• Brawl Singles/Doubles

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Melee Low Tiers

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Brawl+ Singles/Doubles

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Smash 64 Singles/Doubles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brawl Minus Singles

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Random Character/Random Stage tourney (any game)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I would like rankings. Maybe I can write a program in fortran to waste my time someday.

Wasn't the reason that we stopped updating (didn't Edgar write a program?) because we didn't agree on what k-values to use?

Kal

Smash Champion
That, and whether we should recalculate ELO scores after a tournament or after each tournament match.

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I thought it was the norm that they were calculated after each tournament match.

In hindsight, that actually sounds too difficult for me to program.

Kal

Smash Champion
It's actually not that difficult. The formulas are very simple. The hardest part for me is parsing the .tio file, since I'm an untrained nublet when it comes to programming.

Kal

Smash Champion
Except you'll be there and that negates any incentive to go.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
It's actually not that difficult. The formulas are very simple. The hardest part for me is parsing the .tio file, since I'm an untrained nublet when it comes to programming.
is the .tio file format documented anywhere?

Kal

Smash Champion
I think it's not too difficult to parse by just opening it in notepad.

Kal

Smash Champion
Facebook has killed our beloved thread. I hate that website.

MT_

Smash Ace
If only Kal was a trendsetter. Then we'd all be on Google+ AND playing with the No Johns ruleset!

Kal

Smash Champion
Trendsetting only goes so far when you're leading a group of scrubs, MT.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
jos.fm already sent in the request to have a room, the ut austin system is a bit slow apparently, but we'll have the room on saturday. just dunno what room it is exactly.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
When do you guys plan on having your next meeting? I can host a Brawl tournament.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
dallas melee tournament on a friday night? (10/21) it's inconvenient for quite a few of us, but some of us may be going, we dunno yet.

Kal

Smash Champion
I'm not particularly interested in a Friday night tournament. I don't want to show up exhausted and playing poorly.

If it were on a Saturday, I might consider it. But I'll probably stay here regardless.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
That's true. It's really annoying that it's on Friday but whatever lol

At least y'all thought about it. When are y'all going to have your next big ish tournament?

Anyone else coming down from Austin to Houston this coming weekend? I know Ivan and _ _ are coming.

Kal

Smash Champion
Who is _ _, exactly? Is there a joke I missed?

I might be coming down, but I am unsure. I definitely want to, despite the fact that you're all campy as hell.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It's MT_. He told us that he wanted to start going by _ _ since it's no longer worth saying his name since he lost to RedShadow and garrR. Ok, that's a lie. He didn't say that. That's just how we feel about him now.

You know you want to play our Kirby's. Andddd you're going to say that we camp when Edgar shoots lasers like no other, Ivan runs to the other side of the stage and throws needles at you, and JF. Nuff said.

Kal

Smash Champion
Ivan is the campiest mother ****er ever. Won't deny that. But, he does come from Houston. If you ask me, you guys molded him this way and had him move to Austin as a practical joke.

However, Edgar is not campy. He actually approaches with the lasers. Being good with Falco's laser != camping.

JF isn't half as campy as any of you.

But I do want to get that $5 money match against your Kirby with Pichu.

Oh, and Ivan and Jamal have both gotten a lot better. Unlike what I've seen from the Houston players, I give a non-stop stream of advice to the players in my city.

Top Bottom