• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Univ. of Minnesota - 4/30results up

Wake

Smash Master
Shoutouts

Ocho- Thanks so much for hosting and everything! The one in April will be awesome (Melee 1st). Nice placing. Are you going to combo breaker? Booooooo, I guess I'll have to use the 2nd port whenever we play then...

Mez- Nice set. That was my first time playing a Mewtwo, it was an odd matchup, for sure.

Zeus- Thanks for the friendlies, I agree with Ocho. It's awesome practice playing with someone at your level. I'll try and give you a better fight in our mm at Combo Breaker. Playing you is really fun though, even though you don't like Peach haha

Luca- I was really really nervous, after playing Zeus and then seeing that I had to play the Falcon right after. Good set though. I kinda used some weird new tricks that I've been messing around with in our matches.

RRR- I look forward to our rematch at Combo Breaker, assuming we play. It was so hype when you pulled out that Marth, though, you seemed to regret it after our set. Either way, good job.

Flux- Our set was a fun one, though I think you should've won the first match, things happen though. You seemed like you were in a Fox mood anyways :). I feel like I might be closing the gap between us so watch yourself! :) Oh yeah, and I forgot to get our mm in. You should've hunted me down! How about at Combo Breaker?

Max- It seems like somehow we never get to play. :urg: Thanks for helping me with the falcon match up a little, even though I think you were rooting for Luca ;)

Jim- We need to have our match soon! We've both improved a lot so it'd be cool. Nice job in doubles too. Maybe we'll play at Combo Breaker. I was watching your matches with Falcons and taking notes. And don't be afraid of Kirby! I noticed that we play Peach a lot differently though...

Deepak- Thanks for the money match and everything. I'll get your Sheik sometime soon!

Seed- It was our first time doing doubles so don't get yourself down. We'll get it, and good job in singles. I think you're getting better!

Disciple- Our Brawl set was funny... for some reason people seem to like my Marth tippers...

I don't think I forgot anybody...

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts:

Ocho: Good friendlies. I'm glad my Zelda gave you a good little challenge. :)

Wake: I wasn't rooting for anyone. I was just rooting for a good fight and got to see one. Good job in winning. Told you Falcon isn't that bad. :)

Luca: Gotta keep your nerves down, dude. You got this.

Amanze: Garbage Falcon.

Flux: Didn't get to play you, but I'm proud of you, bro. :')

Jim: Can't wait to play you at Combo breaker!

Deepak: Nice arms, bro.

Seed: Don't worry young one, you got this.

Zeus: Only person who understood my pain of wanting to get out of there and let out my swag. Thank you, sir.

Nappy: You watch anime.

Moe: Amateur Falco.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

melee singles
1: Zues - Fun games in teams, didn't play you otherwise though.

1: Amanze - Good job getting to GF. You were playing really well today. Keep it up.

3: Deepak - I still don't know what to think about your beard.... lol See you at CB.

4: FluxGoesHard - Thanks for teaming with me and good job on 4th. After thinking about it, I'll team with you at Combo Breaker. We did pretty good here, so I think it will go well.

5: Ocho - Good job getting 5th. I wouldn't call me using Marth being open-minded, more just lazy. Thanks for hosting.

5: Wake - Fun matches, but I feel like I should apologize. I was too lazy and lost focus halfway through our first match. I just didn't have it in me to play another match as Kirby. I'll make sure I do at CB if we play though! Good job with 5th.

7: TD - Fun team matches, didn't expect double Ganon.

9: Jim - I feel like I let you down by going Marth lol. You always tell me how awesome my Kirby is. Never again!

9: Seed - You'll be really good someday, trust me lol.

9: Luca - Shake that rust off! I know you can do way better.

13: Battleaxe - Fun first round match. Luckily I'm really comfortable against Ganon.

brawl singles:
1: Nappy - Can't wait to watch those GF matches. Poor Sin...

2: Sin242 - Fun matches, drop ICs :p You're right about my meta problem though. I seem to have forgotten how to play against him effectively. Hopefully it'll come back soon.

3: YoshQ - Fun matches. You won the set fair and square no matter how janky it might have felt lol. Good job.

5: Breezy - We never seem to see each other during a tourney. I'm usually too busy with my matches and melee and stuff or your busy with your MMs or friendlies. I guess that's what outside of tournies is for lol.

5: Disciple - Insanely close set. Very stressful too. I was scared at the end cause I knew any decent hit from lucario would have killed me at those percents we were at lol. Thanks for teaming with me too, we didn't do too bad.

7: Seed - Like I said before, only way to go is up! Sorry you had play me in every event though....

7: Wake - I only saw some glimpses of your Brawl matches. I think you were throwing people off with your play style and tippering them with it lol. Good stuff.

Good stuff to Ocho, Nappy, and I for bringing the setups. We're awesome!

I'm never going to abandon Kirby again for sure. I realized how much my play style is shaped around him and is complemented by him now. He's the only character that feels natural in my hands. Lesson learned.

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
Yes, please stay Kirby. You playing anything else in tournament is kinda weird. It's not as cool seeing top/high tier characters lose to another high tier character. Kirby FTW. :)

napZzz

Smash Hero
so uhhh here ya go john

1.nappy :snake:
2. sin242 :metaknight: :popo:
3. yoshQ :luigi: :metaknight:
5. breezy :ganondorf: :falco:
5. disciple :lucario:
7. seed-????????/
7. wake :marth:

napZzz

Smash Hero
yo I used DK and Dedede too. Both of them advanced me in bracket.
I also used bowser vs. wake, should I add that as well? dont think its necessary, I even used diddy/wario vs. sin :l but only like 2 games

thanks san ;o

Wake

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

Ocho- Thanks for hosting all of these monthlies. I think they helped keep the MN scene alive, and one year ago my first tourney was a monthly in April as well. We gotta figure out something for next year. I'm counting the days to when I get my port back! You can get Moe next time for sure.

Moe- You are really really difficult for me to play, and I definitely think our set could've gone either way. Good job

Deepak- Still too good for me, but I think our matches are getting a little closer so it's only a matter of time:) Good job winning doubles and singles!

Dos- Too bad we had to play, but our set was really relaxed and fun. I'm glad you could come to the last one. Funny since you told me about melee in the first place, and all the matches we would play definitely helped me improve a lot. Thanks! :)

Luca- You're a good teammate, and we had some hilarious team matches. We should team more, we have a lot of fun. Also, our set in singles was fun, especially the pokemon stadium match. We just beat the crap out of each other! It was so awesome!

Sparrow- Nice matches. I kind of think that you should've gone Falco against me though... Can't wait for the next time we play.

Flux- I finally beat you in a tourney set... playing against you is so much work because your Fox is so good. I'm looking forward to our next match.

Zeus Man, you're Falco is awesome. I hope you don't quit. Even if you get frustrated or whatever. I have a lot of fun playing you, and I feel like I improve a little more from it. You punish me so hard and never fall for dumb Peach stuff like platform dsmash. When we play, it feels like you're beating the stupid out of my play style if that makes sense haha. Hope to play you some more.

Max- We finally got some friendlies in. I'm glad, and good job in doubles.... SUPER KICK. We gotta team at a future event. I hope you keep playing RRR in tourney, you'll get him eventually!

RRR- Honestly, you seemed a little off, but your Kirby was still awesome. Great job in teams, our set was really fun. You and Max owned on Dreamland good lord haha

Nappy- Good job beating RRR. I know you're good at melee, even though you always say otherwise. You should enter more. It'd be fun.

Amanze- I finally got to play your Samus. Our mm was really fun, and I'm glad I got some Samus experience. I hope we play at the next tourney.

If I forgot anyone, good stuff, hope we can play at the next tourney!:)

Remy LeBeau

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts:

wake - good stuff beating me i knew it would happen eventually! sometimes i felt like your peach was moving faster than my fox lol... 3rd place zomg chosen one oOo oOo!

ocho: good shiz ****** my fox in your first mm ever LOL damn youre good at fox ditto's....

moe: dont really remember what happened in our mm we kept killing ourselves game 1 and 2 haha damn though that falco swaggin, i need to learn to platform/waveland combo as well as u do with him lol

mikeeeeey: good mm in melee and brawl, we wil have to do one of those each time to help me get better at brawl and you in melee!!

deepak: such a ***** in teams

zeus: good **** in teams and in our mm, you constantly get down on yourself though for making mistakes and that hurts you a lot. just dont let things get to your head and you will play like a god lol

heath: 4 strength 4 stam leather belt AH OH

gotta give abby a ride to work so i cant do anymore shoutouts

~ IV fluxchokezharrdd VI ~

Jim!

Smash Rookie
Wow, I hate that I missed this one, seems like a great tourney! Good job taking 3rd Wake, that's awesome.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Results are on the first page. Oh, and Ocho, maybe you should update the title of the thread too...
Where da characters is? I want that Ganon up there in that number 3 spot.

Sayin I am where I am on the PR because of Falco. Pffff. That bird was holding me back.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
man frustration lol, I need to play more its not right to get beat by puff. Just shows she takes no tech at all. Yes I'm mad hahaha

I probably won't quit but I'm really losing motivation in this game.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Deepak - Good job dominating Melee. Luckily we got a match off you of guys in teams.

Zues - Sounds like you had a rough day. Shake it off.

Wake - U of M! U of M! Good job getting 3rd. Team matches were fun too. We didn't play this time in singles though.

Flux - Good job with 4th. Didn't really see you much though lol.

Amanze - Good job beating me in both games. You're now a bully. I'll be ready next time!

Sparrow - Fun brawl doubles matches. $20 MM with Flux was pretty hype.

Moe - I agree, Marth has a lot of potential in Brawl. People like Sin just don't understand a champion's mindset though...

Luca - Fun team matches. Didn't see much of your singles matches though.

Ocho - Thanks for hosting this tourney series. Now for a well deserved rest lol. The U of M is almost ready to face off against River Falls!

Triple R
- Rough day, huh? Get more sleep next time! Maybe you should practice again. Sounds like a good idea to me!

Nappy - Good job beating me. The worst part was everyone's reactions and not the actual loss. I won't be intimidated by your play style next time. Better keep your guard up! Good job in Brawl too.

Dos - So you're Wake's secret guru?!?

Sin242
- Wow, you are way too cocky for your own good...

Max
- Intense set as always. Stress to the MAX for sure. Pun intended. Thanks for teaming with me too. I thought we did pretty good for being bairly viable ;)

Yoshq
- We always seem to go back and forth in our Brawl sets. Good matches as always.

Ian- Thanks for coming!

Jay - Wait, who were you? Sorry....

Breezy - Good job getting 3rd. Good job at showing up too!

Epic - Beat Moe next time!

Claus
- Thanks for coming to chill. Thanks for the Streetpass! Short hair is a good look for you too.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
4/30:
melee singles:
1: Deepak :jiggs: :sheik: :fox:
2: Zeus :falco: :fox:
3: Wake :peach:
4: Fluxwolf :fox:
5: Amanze :samus: :fox:
5: Sparrow :falco:
7: Moe :falco:
7: Luca :falcon:
9: Ocho :fox:
9: TripleR :kirby:
9: Nappy :sheik:
9: Dos :fox:
13: Sin242
13: Max :zelda:
13: yoshicues :marth:?
13: Ian
17: Jay :falco:

melee doubles:
1: Deepak and Heath :jigglypuff: // :falco:
2: Zeus and Flux :falco: :fox: :marth: // :fox:
3: Team Barely Viable(Max and RRR) :zelda: // :kirby:
4: Breakfast with Screwdrivers
5: Amanze & Ocho :samus: // :fox:

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
i updated some stuff.

thanks for coming to this and to all the u of m tournies everyone.

not reall yin the mood for shoputouts though

Wake

Smash Master
Team Breakfast with Screwdrivers was Luca and I, and it was Falcon/Peach. Oh, and Ian used Sheik. RRR, what's all this talk about Sin being cocky? What happened?

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
Brawl Singles:
1: grenadeking56 :snake:
2: Sin242 :metaknight:
3: Breezy :ganondorf:
4: Blademaster91 :marth:
5: Yoshicues :metaknight:
5: Amanze :pit: :metaknight:
7: EpicBooM :gw:
7: TripleR :kirby:

Brawl Doubles:
1: Violate That ***** (Moe and Nappy) :metaknight: :snake:/:metaknight:
2: Sin242 and Yoshq :metaknight: :metaknight:
3: TripleR and Amanze :kirby: :pit:/:metaknight:
4: *****es in ****, but hoes and tricks (sparrow mikeE) :zerosuitsamus: :snake:

Wake

Smash Master
A lot of spacies in Melee I just realized... where were all the Peach players this time?! Just a couple of monthlies ago there were like 5 of us... this time there was only 1... boooooo

Wake

Smash Master
Wake you're so good!
haha I wish, but thanks:). Next time let's get in some RC friendlies... during our set I was really tempted to not ban RC so I could get another chance to play you there seriously, but I chickened out:(... Next tourney, RC mm, $5 Bo5, RC only, obviously. Whaddaya say???

James Sparrow

Smash Master
haha I wish, but thanks:). Next time let's get in some RC friendlies... during our set I was really tempted to not ban RC so I could get another chance to play you there seriously, but I chickened out:(... Next tourney, RC mm, $5 Bo5, RC only, obviously. Whaddaya say???
I usually only do 20$ mms, but I'll make an exception for this one :bee:

Top Bottom