• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unimplemented trophies

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
While going trough the data file which contained the filenames of all trophies in the game, I stumbled upon some trophies in Super Smash Bros. Brawl that were never implemented. Here's the complete list:

CaptainfalconR2
CaptainR1
DededeR2
Diddykongoriginal
DiddyR2
Donkeyjr
Donkeykongoriginal
DonkeykongR2
DreadKong
FalcoR2
Firesting
LectureKikki
LucarioR2
Luigi
LuigiR2
MarioR2
MiteG
MiteR <- Refferenced
MiteY
PikachuR2
PitR2
PoketrainerR2
PurinR2
SheikR2
SnakeR2
SzerosuitR2
ZeldaR2

I'll try to explain some of these trophies.

CaptainfalconR2, DededeR2, DiddyR2, DonkeykongR2, FalcoR2, LucarioR2, LuigiR2, MarioR2, PikachuR2, PitR2, PoketrainerR2, PurinR2, SheikR2, SnakeR2, SzerosuitR2, ZeldaR2

These were supposed to be either alternate trophies or intended trophies. At least this is true for Luigi. Remember that in Subspace Emissary, Luigi's trophy didn't match the actual trophy and actual artwork? Well, LuigiR2 indeed is the exact same pose described in the Subspace Emissary. It could be that you were suppose to be able to catch these trophies during the Subspace Emissary.

CaptainR1, Luigi

These two are almost exactly the same as the ones implemented in the game. In fact, as of yet I haven't spotted any differences.

Diddykongoriginal, Donkeykongoriginal

Much like Fox and Falco, both the Kongs were probably supposed to have retro trophies. Oddly enough, they do appear to have both preview icons and mini-renders, so they were this close to being implemented in the game.

MiteG, MiteR, MiteY

It's possible that you were originally supposed to be able to catch a trophy of all three Mites individually. There is a refference to the red Mite, but it hasn't been featured in the game itself.

Other trophies

Donkeyjr - Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong Jr.)
DreadKong - Dread Kong (Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat)
Firesting - Fire Stingray (F-Zero series)
LectureKikki - ???

Some other small tidbits

There were also some other things discovered while browsing trough the trophies. This section might get some more updates later on.

Apparently the CDs were supposed to have at least three different prints.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
They exist, but there aren't any references to these trophies, meaning they won't appear during normal play, unless the game got patched, which I doubt. It would be kind of neat though if Nintendo did make a Super Smash Bros. Brawl channel, which allows for new downloadable content to be added to Brawl, like enabling these hidden trophies.

You can just find the trophy files on the disc, so an "update" wouldn't be impossible.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Are those the only unused trophies with images intact (the ones you actually posted images of), or were you simply too busy at the time to extract all the images.

If it's the latter, it would be neat if you were to allow one to see all the unused trophies you listed for the sake of satisfying one's curiosity, lol.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Are those the only unused trophies with images intact (the ones you actually posted images of), or were you simply too busy at the time to extract all the images.

If it's the latter, it would be neat if you were to allow one to see all the unused trophies you listed for the sake of satisfying one's curiosity, lol.
Same thoughts, this is interesting stuff.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Those are one of the few trophies I didn't have to fix up that much before rendering. Some even required a complete file fix-up, and some had their stuff at the wrong spot, so for those I'm waiting for improved tools.

Plus, even that last trophy took a while to render.

And don't worry, I'm planning on rendering them all for a wallpaper I'm making.

Top Bottom