• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't think so. He may pop up to state some excuse... but by now, it's ridiculous.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
In the spirit of the game, I'm going to do something a bit unconventional as a mod. Some may vehemently disagree with me on it, some may not, but, well, whatever. I think this is the best alternative to a modkill at this point in the game.

Chibo has collected too many prods! Chibo has been removed from the voting process! It now takes only 2 to lynch! Chibo may no longer vote for this Day Phase! (You may still vote for Chibo).

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire

No one is voting!

Via mod discretion, Chibo no longer has a vote! It now only takes two to lynch!

Deadline is set for 2/2/2016 at 11:59pm PST!

Last edited:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This changes nothing for me. I can only think it helps us play this out still. It only slightly punishes him. I think he can still talk and advocate for a lynch besides himself as two votes can lynch someone... so... he can effectively ghost vote.

Thoughts?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I mean, Ran, I agree that sometimes slots slip out of the limelight because they lurk and I get that, if you are actually town, we might still make it to tomorrow, but it’s still not entirely something I’m comfortable with doing. That might just be me and my inclination to not wanting to lynch inactive slots just because they are null, but the things you have pointed out do hold merit.

The reason I asked was because I wanted to clarify the wording of “me being a magician”, as I wasn’t sure if that was a typo “me” vs “him”.

And, it changes things for me, but if I can’t convince you on my Gheb point then it really doesn’t change anything. I still want Chibo to get in here, but if he can’t then there’s nothing else we can really do. If I’m wrong on Gheb, Chibo would most likely end up doing the same thing toMorrow and that'd be easy to decide, for me at least, but... I get what you're trying to do. I think.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Also, at this point, I'm not entirely sure that he can really "ghost vote" because I don't think he will have enough time to really attempt to convince any of us, and even if he did I don't really think any of us would be that easily swayed.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He was referring to me as a magician for failing, it was flavor. I think your problem is that you are considering Chibo as null and hope he is town while Gheb still bugs you. I think at this point he merits more than a null read here, otherwise he should be in here to help us read him.

Go ahead and explain why it changes things for you though. Might as well go over it.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
That... pretty much is my problem, but also throw in there that I think he could be scum as well. I believe I will continue to read Gheb as scum unless something drastic happens, but I think that's another matter at this point. I do have to say that if Chibo was in here I'd be less inclined to want to lynch him for toDay, but at the same time I can't say for sure. It changes things because I could work on convincing you that Gheb is the better lynch for toDay, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to budge on Chibo at all. That and we're really close to deadline and I have no time or energy to do so, and because I could see Chibo being scum but even if we're wrong at least we no longer have to worry about a null slot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If I’m wrong on Gheb, Chibo would most likely end up doing the same thing toMorrow and that'd be easy to decide, for me at least, but...
Except that Chibo will do the same thing toMorrow regardless of what happens toDay. No need to smuggle my name into that equation, whether you are right on me or not is of absolutely no consequence in this case.

It changes things because I could work on convincing you that Gheb is the better lynch for toDay, but it doesn't seem like you're willing to budge on Chibo at all.
Convincing him of what exactly? As things stand it's looking like not even you yourself are sure on why I should be lynched. I've responded to your arguments in detail, you even agreed with a good part of it, you admit that there's a whole bunch of things that you'd hold in my favor ... but you wanna lynch me anyways? I don't wanna belittle you but at this point your counter-arguent essentially boils down to "... but still!" How can you expect anybody to be convinced that I should be lynched based on that?

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to leave my vote on Chibo soon. Feel free to hammer, as Bard will take years to actually put up the flip. I'm pretty much not going to allow him to slip by... look, it's deadline.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I hate the way Sang handles Chibo's slot btw. Inactivity, taken out of context, may be a null tell. But if a slot has been completely inactive throughout the whole game and still somehow manages to coast along in mylo or lylo there's definitely something fishy going on that goes beyond what can be considered as merely null. This whole "I think we should lynch Gheb but I can't convince you so I'll settle with Chibo"-game ... I really don't like it one bit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm going to leave my vote on Chibo soon. Feel free to hammer, as Bard will take years to actually put up the flip. I'm pretty much not going to allow him to slip by... look, it's deadline.
Please consider the option of lynching Sang toDay. If Chibo flips town this game is boiling down to whether Sang's claim is true or not. That's way too risky. As suspicious a slot as Chibo may be ... this not the Day to tunnel stuff. There's a high chance we'll lose this game if Chibo isn't scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It seems consistent with her views though. She thought it was iffy that I was starting to consider Chibo who was null/lurking. Time to drop Chibo.

Vote: Chibo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I agree the claim comes across as iffy, but I don't see anything wrong with her play. I just think we are townies arguing while scum is lurking. I think it is likely that was what scum has been doing the whole time. I'll think about it though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I hate the way Sang handles Chibo's slot btw. Inactivity, taken out of context, may be a null tell. But if a slot has been completely inactive throughout the whole game and still somehow manages to coast along in mylo or lylo there's definitely something fishy going on that goes beyond what can be considered as merely null. This whole "I think we should lynch Gheb but I can't convince you so I'll settle with Chibo"-game ... I really don't like it one bit.
I don't think that is alignment indicative, though. Seems to me it is more of her actual beliefs when it comes to null slots. I feel as scum she would be more open to considering Chibo, yet she's fighting hard for her scum-read. Sure, you can say I am pretty much sticking to Chibo, but I would have looked at his town intent if he had any... where is it? You two are coming across as TvT here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So whats up? Guys talk, its last day if deadline. Guess who is not here yet...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just moved over the weekend, and didn't even receive a final prod before I had my vote taken away :|

I'll still read up and offer what I can

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Uhg, it's really disheartening to be punished like that with no reason, even though it is basically my fault. Probably shouldn't have joined the game with this stuff coming up, but I didn't anticipate the sickness and thought it'd be done before moving.

If/When I get the drive to fully read and post I will, otherwise my claim still stands

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Except that Chibo will do the same thing toMorrow regardless of what happens toDay. No need to smuggle my name into that equation, whether you are right on me or not is of absolutely no consequence in this case.
I... basically said the exact same thing you did? And, I didn't "smuggle" your name into anything. That implies some mal-intent, which it was not. I am just explaining my thoughts. I don't think I understand your point there.

Convincing him of what exactly? As things stand it's looking like not even you yourself are sure on why I should be lynched. I've responded to your arguments in detail, you even agreed with a good part of it, you admit that there's a whole bunch of things that you'd hold in my favor ... but you wanna lynch me anyways? I don't wanna belittle you but at this point your counter-arguent essentially boils down to "... but still!" How can you expect anybody to be convinced that I should be lynched based on that?
"Convincing him" that your lynch is better than Chibo's (which, I don't really know why that's a negative for you when you are trying to convince him that I am the best lynch). Also, I don't believe I ever said there's a "whole bunch"; I said there's a decent amount (I think I used many, or something similar, but I guess that's semantics again). Your responses to my arguments have not convinced me in any way that I am incorrect.

I've explained why I'm uncomfortable with lynching Chibo, but that I can also see the merit. I could go more in depth, if you would like, but it mostly boils down to my belief that they should be allowed to at least try to defend themselves or give us any thoughts they have. Why don't you like it? Would it not be easier for me to advocate for a Chibo lynch instead, if I were scum? I don't see how that line of argument is very telling.

Please consider the option of lynching Sang toDay. If Chibo flips town this game is boiling down to whether Sang's claim is true or not. That's way too risky. As suspicious a slot as Chibo may be ... this not the Day to tunnel stuff. There's a high chance we'll lose this game if Chibo isn't scum.
Gheb, I get that you're trying to appeal to Ran here, but I'm going to butt in for a second. There's a higher chance of town losing if I am lynched toDay because, whether you all "like" my claim or not, I am telling the truth. Unless there is no night kill again or unless one of you mysteriously has some power to keep a night kill from happening, if I am gone I don't think there is anything stopping scum from killing another person and winning the game. I don't mean to come off as trying to manipulate anybody, but I think that is just a bad idea in general. And, I get that you think that I am scum, and therefore I understand this line of argument, but at the same time I don't understand, I guess.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
At this point, I won't have much time to post anymore today, so if we're going with Chibo then we're going with Chibo. I can’t say it’s the worst idea, because Ran may be right and I might just be blinded. I don't know.

Chibo, if you get the chance to post that'd be awesome, but deadline is in less than... 12 hours? So please keep that in mind.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
After considering all options I think it's practically - if not de facto - impossible for me to win anymore so I guess it's for the best to just go ahead and out myself as the final mafioso. Since Chibo inevitably would've been the lynch my NK attempt would fail regardless of whether I target Sang [who is BP] or Ran [who's going to be protected by Sang] and then I would be doomed through Ran either verifying Sang's claim or falsifying mine. So yeah, I think it's smarter to just save all of us the trouble of prolonging the inevitable and get this over with.

Not really a good game by most players and it blows to lose to dumb jank like BP!Protector but what can you do.

Vote: Gheb

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Gheb

Gg good try I did not do well will say more at store.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Well, that was unexpected. Do I have to vote too? Anyway, GG. I mean, regardless of how everyone thinks they did I think it was a pretty good game. But, I'll type up more later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Go ahead and vote with us. Share the win!

BarDulL

Town Vampire

Quickie Vote Count:

Gheb (2): Gheb, Ranmaru

Not Voting: Sang, (Chibo removed from voting process)

Gheb has been lynched! Gheb was Flowey, Mafia Wiretap!

Ranmaru, Sans, Town Flavor Cop, has survived end game!
SangfroidWarrior, Toriel, Town Bullet-Proof Bodyguard, has survived end game!
ChiboSempai, Temmie, Vanilla Townie, has survived end game!

~TOWN WINS~

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Role PMs

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Papyrus, brother of Sans, Spaghetti Master of Destiny, more puzzling than the Riddler, Undertale's most lovable moral bonehead!

Unfortunately, you have no super powers. Bummer, but your lack of abilities fills you with determination. It's time to jump into the fray!

Win conditon: You are TOWN and win when all opposing factions have been defeated!

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Toriel, guardian of the Ruins, protector of all life, Queen of the Underground, and Butterscotch Pie master!

You have some neat tricks up your sleeve, being a protector and all. You have the powers of a Bodyguard, and you have a Bulletproof vest! Your abilities, as well as your compassion for all life, fill you with determination!

Bodyguard: Once per night phase, you may target one player. If that player is targeted with a killing ability, the killing ability will hit you instead.

Bulletproof: If you are targeted with a killing ability, or if you take the hit for someone you are protecting, you will not die the first time around. However, if you or your Bodyguard target are successfully targeted again, you will die.

You are TOWN and win when all opposing factions have been defeated!

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Burgerpants, the MTT Burger Emporium's most lovable employee (ok, probably not)! You hate your life, your employer, and really want to get into acting. Well, uh, I guess that's the jist of it. Don't worry though, you're hilarious as ****.

You don't have any super powers, unfortunately. Bummer, but your smoking habits alongside free burgers courtesy of the Emporium fill you with determination.

You are TOWN aligned and win when all opposing factions have been defeated!

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Temmie, a vendor in Temmie village! You're trying to raise money so you can go to colleg...hopefully you raise enough money in time!

You have no super powers, unfortunately. Bummer, but your overwhelming cuteness and longing for a colleg education fills you with determination!

You are TOWN aligned and win when all opposing factions are defeated!

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Muffet, pastry selling Spider lady extraordinaire! You have a burning hatred for people that won't purchased your over-priced goods, especially since you're trying to raise money to afford a heated limo to transport the spiders in the Ruins to safety.

...Yeah.

You have no super powers, unfortunately. Bummer, but your quest to raise funding for the spiders of the Ruins fills you with determination.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Frisk, main protagonist of Undertale, the 8th child to fall into the Underground, a fan of Butterscotch pie, and a determined soul trying to make their way out of the Underground.

You're a Lynch Stumper! What the heck is a Lynch Stumper, you ask?

Lynch Stumper: each night, you may target one player. If that player is lynched in the following day phase, they will still be allowed to post for the rest of the game's duration during any Day phase. However, they will not be able to vote, use abilities, or things of that nature.

The prospects of finally getting back home fill you with determination.

You are TOWN aligned an win when all opposing factions have been defeated!

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Alphys, an established scientist of the Underground, with a thing for fish-like humanoids! Uh, right. Anyway!

You are a Town Scientist (Weak Voyeur)! Basically, during the beginning of every Day phase, you will receive information pertaining to the set up, or you will be informed of certain night actions that occured during the Night. There is no RNG, and all information you will receive is preordained

Your love for Undyne, anime, science, and all things good in the world fills you with determination.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Sans, brother of Papyrus, pioneer of skeleton puns in the Underground, seller of overpriced hot dogs and fried snow, and friend of Frisk, the main protagonist!

You are a FLAVOR cop!

Flavor Cop: Once during each night phase, you may target one player. You will be informed of that player's flavor role.

Your love for ketchup, Grillby's burgers, charging abnormal fees, and skeleton puns fills you with determination.

You are TOWN aligned and win when all opposing factions have been defeated.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Undyne, captain of the Royal guard, undying spear-throwing knight clad in armor. Except you've decided to take off the armor for now and just throw spears and ****, you're hotter that way. :awesome:

You are an Adrenaline Night Vigilante!

Night Vig: each night phase, you may target one player. If your action is successful, that player will die. If the player is aligned with you, you will no longer be able to use this ability. If the player you target is not aligned with you, you will be able to use this ability again on the following night phase. You may use this ability an indefinite number of times so long as you hit slots that are not allgned with your own.

Your lust for battle, lizard scientists, spears, and your new found infatuation for anime all fill you with determination.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Flowey, the harbinger of doom, destruction, and all that is negative in the Underground. You're a really evil flower!

You are the most evil, narcissistic monster in the Underground. It is just a matter of time before you kill everyone. The prospects of a world where everyone is scrambling in fear of death, alongside wide-scale destruction, fills you with determination.

You are a Wiretap!

Wiretap: there are at least two roles in this game that receive information. All information they receive is relayed to you. You do not need to send in a night action to receive this information.

You are MAFIA aligned and win when all opposing factions have been defeated or no such thing can prevent victory.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Asgore, king of the Underground, ruler of all monsters, and the collector of human souls. You're honestly a really nice guy at heart, but the humans have gone too far, and you will do what is necessary to break the barrier in order to wage war on the humans. Except if you can be persuaded otherwise, but right now that's definitely not the case. NO MERCY!

You are a Strongman!

Strongman: if you are sent to do the night kill, you will pierce any protection a target may have and kill them. This passive only works once and will be used automatically regardless of whether or not the target was protected.

EX: You send out the night kill and hit a player that is not protected, your Strongman ability will activate and it can no longer be used for the rest of the game. Use this wisely!

With the power of six human souls at your beck and call, as well as authority over the entire Underground, you will stop at nothing to get the final human soul and pierce the barrier to the human world! The thought of fulfilling this goal fills you with determination.

You are MAFIA aligned and win when all opposing factions have been defeated or no such thing can prevent victory.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Mettaton, robotic game show host extraordinaire, programmed killer of all things humans, and charming media super star of the Underground!

You are a Roleblocker!

Each night phase, you may target one player. If that player uses an action, their action will not go through.

Possible safe claims: Bratty, Catty, Gerson, River Person, and Napstablook are not in the game.

With all your charm and blood lust, the very thought of killing the human child and subsequently boosting your ratings fills you with determination.

Welcome to Undertale Mafia, hero! You are Chara, the first child to fall into the Underground. A deceased entity that is all but nothing...except your soul, and you are determined to see the entire world be destroyed. You've decided that the best way to accomplish that is to assimilate Frisk by taking complete control over him!

You are an Informed Doctor Emperor Survivor! What the heck is that, you ask?

Doctor: You may use this ability only once. You may protect someone from being killed during any given night phase that you use this ability.

Informed: You know that player X is Frisk! You also know that Nice Cream Guy and Monster Kid are not in the game (definitely consider using as safe claims.)

Emperor: Once during the game, either on Day 2 or Day 3, you may reset the vote count and target two players. The two players that are targeted are the only two players that may be lynched for the rest of that day phase. Remember, this ability can only be used on Day 2 or Day 3, and must be used at least 24 hours before deadline.

Win Condition: In order to win, you and player X (Frisk) must be alive during an end-game situation.

EX: If there are 3 mafia players, two town players, and one independent player, the game would normally end in the mafia's favor. However, if Frisk and yourself are alive, you will be awarded the win instead and everyone else will lose.

2 mafia, 1 Indy, 1 town (Frisk) results in your win.

1 indy, 1 town (Frisk) would also result in your win.

If Frisk dies at any point during the game, you will no longer be able to win.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I will post my thoughts on the game later. Thanks to everyone who really stuck it out this game despite the overwhelming number of replacements and inactives.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I did poorly towards the end, this went on longer than I thought it would when I replaced in and then we messed up Alpha strikes twice due to Dietz not being on the boards for almost a week and me not seeing Gheb message me on skype nor check this game around that proper time on sunday.

Still that was an overall problem with this game with activity.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sang: You were right on Gheb and JD, props on that! Sorry for my one track mind on Chibo, couldn't let him coast like that at this point in the game. I would hope he do better next time and hope he feels better. I felt you were pretty townie and anytime I had a concern I got more townieness from you. Good play!!

ChiboSempai: Dude, thanks for replacing in, sorry for scumreading you. Although I was hoping for at least some content from you. If you are legit sick and stuff I'm sorry man, that's a real bummer. Feel better.

Gheb: Good game, I would have looked back at you if not for Chibo. I think was did you in was not killing, even though you would not have known about the BP.

Soup: For one thing, I think claiming your role made things harder for me from the get go, but I was ready to deal with that already. Anyway, I redeemed your honor for you. Let me know what you thought!

KP Joey: Sorry that real life stuff happening. Second time you vote yourself man. Anyway, not much else I can say. I can't really say that I 'caught you' because we have the same arguments as TvT. I think it's possibly a personality clash, but I don't feel good getting you this way. I don't want you to hate me, and I don't enjoy arguing with people and getting them mad.

Kantrip: Hey. Your play was good, I was re-reading you and came out reading you as more town. I think most of the kills were being used to frame me actually.

J: It'Is Ironic that I only used the "It's you" song on you... and not scum. Shows how well I was doing with reads (not at all). I felt bad about voting you like that and accept the derp term you gave me. I shouldn't have voted you or Kary. I'm sure you were yelling at me from the grave for each action I have done.

KingofKoopas: Bro, you got modkilled. Cmon! Come back though, and make sure you can committ dude. Good luck with school or w/e.

Spak: Sorry for scumreading you, but at least you should learn to tunnel less, and spread out a little more. Sometimes you were *around* to post but weren't doing anything proactive, except with your read on Kary. If you spread yourself out, and you are wrong on Kary, you'll have more leads to go on. If you only tunnel Kary, and he flips town, you'll have nothing and just sit on your butt. :p

Rake: Rake, you shouldn't have scum read me man! It caused me to omgus you wrongly, otherwise I was fine with you bro. We could have been town bros!! Recognize the town in me man. We could have wrecked scum together.

JDietz: I didn't really catch you but your inactivity hurt you during D3. Hope it's all good now tho.

Kary: I think you and J misunderstood each other, you both kind of... didn't do anything with each other. Lol. Anyway, I felt you started things, but didn't follow through... but you voted where it mattered later on anyway. So it's kool. Let's be town bros next time though, plz.

Red Ryu: I was having trouble seeing if you really thought I was scum for something Soup did before but your 180 cemented it for me.

Bardull: Thanks for hosting, now I will play this game in my own time!!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah Dietz generally not being around was super lame. Ryu and I had at least one opportunity to get an alpha strike for a quick win but we never caught each other at the same time due to time zone differences. Could've sealed the deal on D3 or so.

Top Bottom