• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Rake's post was a reference to the game, I think you can scratch that out.

As for Kary, I have no idea what to think. She's normally very blunt. :I

Spak seems more off-topic than usual.

I wanna keep my eye on tHe-Man because I've never had a hydra happen in a game I was in, and they're with users I have no experience with. Plus, He-Man.
The third point. Go more into that. Doesn't matter if it's just a small feeling because I wanna hear it anyways.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: Is him being more off-topic indicative of alignment based on past experience, etc.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
The third point. Go more into that. Doesn't matter if it's just a small feeling because I wanna hear it anyways.
If I were to make a list of his posts yesterday, it would be:
An obligatory "i blame this person" RVS post.
A song for Kary's Kult
A song called Hydra
A little thing against GameFAQs
Going along with Kary's joke saying he's for separation of church and state
And then asking what everyone else thought of it.

He does normally post music videos to add onto his responses, but when it's the only part of the post along with his rant on GameFAQs seems a bit much.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I agree that I've been off-topic, but that's because I was in a huff about OoT losing to Undertale and since this is an Undertale game, I figured it would be appropriate. Also, I tend to get off-topic a lot; I've been getting better at not doing it recently, but I still tend to ramble on real-life stuff quite a bit in-game. Once there's more content to go off of, I'll get more on-topic.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I agree that I've been off-topic, but that's because I was in a huff about OoT losing to Undertale and since this is an Undertale game, I figured it would be appropriate. Also, I tend to get off-topic a lot; I've been getting better at not doing it recently, but I still tend to ramble on real-life stuff quite a bit in-game. Once there's more content to go off of, I'll get more on-topic.
Then let me help get you more on-topic.

What do you make of the current Kanty/Koopa conversation? Tell me also what do you make of tHe-man's eager insistence to join Kary's "church".

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Would you find it suspicious?

What of those who follow her, if they continue to do so?
I'm trying to think of a reason why it would be suspicious on Kary's part. What reason would Mafia gain by making up a reason, and a faulty one at that, to be able to group up during the day? Especially when they have their own separate chat.

I can see Mafia trying to uh "join the church" to find a way to wagon a slot, but that would be a pretty ballsy move.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Quite a boring day thus far. Have to say that RVS is my least favorite phase of the game and how I always try to break out of it as soon as possible, so let's try to despite me admittingly not having much to talk about.

To start off, I think more often than not people start to develop reads even from one or two posts from a player, and that's basically where I'm at right now. I have very minor feeling towards people even based on tone or differences in their approach to the game thus far. I think KingOfKoopas seems a bit more outspoken from the other game he was in, which makes somewhat suspect him in a shallow way that I'm sure some bighead will tell me about. I think Kary probably has a dumb restriction. I think Rake's first post is odd but in a townie way because it feels a lot more forced than his usual approach of playing like he always has a lead when he really doesn't. Everyone else have much less of a feeling about or simply didn't grab my attention enough to note it.

Let us unify our small feelings into one big collective feeling and start this game right instead of one or two people turning it into a pissing contest.
Just to be sure I'm understanding your thinking here, you find Koops suspicious for seeming outspoken and comfortable in the thread, and you like Rake because his opening post seemed forced?

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Oh wow, I didn't even see "in a townie way"

Wait, what about it made you think it was townie? It was just a null post to me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
What do you make of the current Kanty/Koopa conversation? Tell me also what do you make of tHe-man's eager insistence to join Kary's "church".
I'm not sure if I should take the eagerness as playing along with the joke or as a serious gesture, but if it's not actually a joke, I find tHE-MAN highly suspicious. I think that Kanty has a good line of questioning thus far and Koops has responded well to all questions posed to him.

#HBC | ѕoup

Just to be sure I'm understanding your thinking here, you find Koops suspicious for seeming outspoken and comfortable in the thread, and you like Rake because his opening post seemed forced?
Phone posting but I meant less forced and how do you feel he's comfortable?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Phone posting but I meant less forced and how do you feel he's comfortable?
Oh okay so you feel his usual style of playing like he has a lead when he doesn't, as you say, is forced and he's coming off more natural with his entrance to this game? Is that usual style of his indicative of alignment or does he do it as town and scum equally?

I think to be outspoken in thread when you're usually more reserved shows that you're comfortable.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh okay so you feel his usual style of playing like he has a lead when he doesn't, as you say, is forced and he's coming off more natural with his entrance to this game? Is that usual style of his indicative of alignment or does he do it as town and scum equally?

I think to be outspoken in thread when you're usually more reserved shows that you're comfortable.
Don't hold me to my present thought on Rake based one post but right now I'll just respond with a 'sure'. The whole intention of even mentioning that is outlined that I really wanted to get out of RVS.

I agree to disagree. I know scum who feel the need to be more outspoken in order to seem proactive, but we'll see. Point here being that I felt Koops was a little less inclined to make idle comments like he has that I don't really feel are necessary. Not going to pin him as scum right now but I'm watching him and how he handles the rest of this phase.

A song for Kary's Kult
A song called Hydra

He does normally post music videos to add onto his responses, but when it's the only part of the post along with his rant on GameFAQs seems a bit much.
Funnily enough, I find him to be the exact opposite of you right now. I kinda feel like Spak being more relaxed is better in his case because if we were to bring up meta in this scenario, he tends to be a bit more thorough in approach.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*poke Soup*

I am appreciative that you are trying to get us out of RVS so quickly with making what seem to be boldish statements, but at the same time I am scratching my head at a lot of what you are saying. Talk with me about the players we know and play with. Tell me how hard it would be to lynch tHe-Man if I wanted to.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
@#HBC | Kary

Hi, I want to be frandz this game, but do I have to join the church to do as such? That'd be a bummer especially since you chose Joey of all people.

@Maven89

Same with Kary, I want to be frandz. Talk with me about a player who you feel comfy talking about.

#HBC | ѕoup

*poke Soup*

I am appreciative that you are trying to get us out of RVS so quickly with making what seem to be boldish statements, but at the same time I am scratching my head at a lot of what you are saying. Talk with me about the players we know and play with. Tell me how hard it would be to lynch tHe-Man if I wanted to.
I know it doesn't really make sense but honestly I'm not really worried about it and what's important is that people are talking, and people are giving me their opinions even if they don't necessarily agree with mine. Tell mew what you think of Koops moreso than Rake cause Rake made one post and us talking about that is dumb. I don't see it being tough to lynch tHe-Man at all and I think the idea of 'power player' is a blanket statement used by people who want a reason to sheep someone or don't have the mental capability to discern someone's alignment despite some track record that doesn't really matter in the first place.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Koopy is a player that so far seems to be trying. At the current measure of posting, I would see him as leaning with town-intent behind his posts because as Sparky said his responses have been well, but there is nothing alignment discerning in his posts. I just like them currently and would keep him around rather than toss him.

You could probably say I like Koopy the most out of everyone who has posted and that would be a fair statement to make.

What do you make of Kanty's insistence with his questioning of Koopy about Kary, but not really talking to Kary yet?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! Sorry for not posting sooner, I was super busy (and stressed) with finals and didn't do much of anything following them last night. So, it seems we're already moving out of RVS?? That was fast, but I'm not opposed in any sense. [Also, GG, we lost the best character in the game. Poor Doggo]

Hi Sang. It's been awhile. Will you lynch J for me D1 because I don't have a vote atm?
Hi Ryker! It has been a while. And, hmm... We'll see. He still owes me for multiple games for burning me ^_^

I think KingOfKoopas seems a bit more outspoken from the other game he was in, which makes somewhat suspect him in a shallow way that I'm sure some bighead will tell me about. I think Kary probably has a dumb restriction. I think Rake's first post is odd but in a townie way because it feels a lot more forced than his usual approach of playing like he always has a lead when he really doesn't.
Soup, to the bolded, these seem to be based on a lot of meta. How would you describe this or explain your feelings to somebody like me who doesn't have much experience playing with these people?

Spak's response to Kary's church seems very... interesting to me, as I definitely take this as either a joking thing or, as Soup was saying, a restriction. The people joining it could either be just having fun with RVS or something else, but we won't really know anything until we see how it plays out and how it continues.

Other than that, I don't really have anything at the moment. My brain is still a little fried, so I'll get back in a little bit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I dunno about Spak. I guess I don't really have a problem with him coming across a bit more laid back than usual but that whole gamefaqs story he was talking about really looks like ... he's trying a bit too hard? That may not be the right way to put it but I can't find any better word for it atm. He really just seemed to mention it for the sake of looking like he's taking things super easy and I don't remember him that way.

:059:

#HBC | ѕoup

Koopy is a player that so far seems to be trying. At the current measure of posting, I would see him as leaning with town-intent behind his posts because as Sparky said his responses have been well, but there is nothing alignment discerning in his posts. I just like them currently and would keep him around rather than toss him.

You could probably say I like Koopy the most out of everyone who has posted and that would be a fair statement to make.

What do you make of Kanty's insistence with his questioning of Koopy about Kary, but not really talking to Kary yet?
I think he's trying to feel out players much like anyone else is doing right now, and I have no feeling one way or the other about him until he gets done with whatever angle he's going for this game, which is asking a lot of questions. If I were put in the shoes on Kantrip as either alignment I don't really think there's much he could talk to Kary about given that his posts have just been fodder about his church, and that I don't really feel any way towards Kary either in that regard.

Sang said:
Soup, to the bolded, these seem to be based on a lot of meta. How would you describe this or explain your feelings to somebody like me who doesn't have much experience playing with these people?
Unfortunately, almost all of it is just meta. Come back to me about explaining how I feel about these players more in a page or two.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
A song for Kary's Kult
A song called Hydra

IS that specifically telling to you yet or is it worth keeping an eye on ? What would you do to force Spak to come out of the shell more naturally ? Are you going to try to wagon him or are you going to kick tires ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
*poke Soup*

it wouldn't be that hard. If ryker is a boner and tries to lynch people because they disagree wih him ala whatever mafia game that was where Laundry townfirmed him, unless he's townfirmed again we needle him on it, and moreso if he's using kary as a sexy female human meatshield. EZ

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*taps foot*

I wasn't asking you though, but thanks? What's the point of your 105 and 106? They seem to be lip service in terms of types of questions.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Who is this "the man"? You boys can call me Adam. ;)

I am the prince of Eternia, as such, I shall lead my people.
Since our nation is young and growing, using our still abundant resources I shall make it prosper.

First step, Joey shall play the game. Engaging Joey in the game guarantees me either a good head for town-side or a good starting point towards finding Skeletor and his evil minions.

Afterwards, we will take a look at J. J has been a good citizen of Castle Greyskull, and his unexpected participation to the early cultivation of our civilization has been noticed and received well. However, considering J's track record, I will go the extra mile to ensure this behavior stays in line.

As for the last part of our plan, we shall lead the offense on Gheb for old time's sake. The curmudgeon will be judged for all eyes to see.

Towards the final stage of our plan, all men are to report back to the castle gates. I shall instruct you of the next part of Castle Greyskull's bright future.

Soup, since Duncan is m.i.a., I will have you be our Man-At-Arms, but first let's level. Regarding everything you have discussed, has anything been solid and if so, what has? If the purpose was to get out of RVS, then feel free to follow your prince. The drought is over.

Vote: Jdietz

Ps Rake, you couldn't lynch me if I tied the noose for you.

Kantrip

Kantplay
*taps foot*

I wasn't asking you though, but thanks? What's the point of your 105 and 106? They seem to be lip service in terms of types of questions.
Is this a rhetorical question or do you actually think Rake could give you a suitable reason for asking some of the questions he does?

Either he's a Day Comparison Cop or you can probably guess the amount of depth to his thought process: none.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So the Xonar side is declining following Kary's church after Ryker decided to join in. Why did you feel like talking about Joey since he hasn't even posted or Gheb for that matter considering things?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Is this a rhetorical question or do you actually think Rake could give you a suitable reason for asking some of the questions he does?

Either he's a Day Comparison Cop or you can probably guess the amount of depth to his thought process: none.
Why are those the only two options to the question I posed? That doesn't seem logical to think that those would be the only answers and it is just incorrect to suggest as such. If he has no thought process, then I want to know why he is faking content just to throw content into the thread.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why are those the only two options to the question I posed? That doesn't seem logical to think that those would be the only answers and it is just incorrect to suggest as such. If he has no thought process, then I want to know why he is faking content just to throw content into the thread.
You have played with Rake before, yes?

Top Bottom