• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Underrated characters.

Number_09

Smash Cadet
Roy is not underated, he is plain out a good character in my book. Pichu is not underated either. He is just not that good, poor range and a bad built in effect....

wierd.... I double posted... that was not intentional.

DarkKnight077

Smash Lord
For me I think Young Link is underrated not many people as him because he does not have enough strength..also because he is a bit lighter than him I'm not sure but his in my underrated list. Mewtwo definitely only reason why is because I have only seen a handful of good Mewtwo's other..Zelda yea..She is not very well...strong and people use sheik more than her...

Samochan

Smash Master
Imo, Kirby and GW are underrated characters. Both are able to deal some major punishments if played correcly. GW's aerials are also very, very deadly and have nice priority. Not to mention his recovery is uber.

hellboy91091

Smash Rookie
jigglypuff is the most underrated character by far
shes actually one of the best characters in the game if you know how to use her
so many people have on the melee record that the punchingbag is jigglypuff
she is underrated yet one of the best in the game

fluffy

Smash Champion
hellboy91091 said:
jigglypuff is the most underrated character by far
shes actually one of the best characters in the game if you know how to use her
so many people have on the melee record that the punchingbag is jigglypuff
she is underrated yet one of the best in the game
well, welcome to smashboards i guess.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is overrated. It really deservs bottom of the bottom tier. In Norway many peple calls him only "trash".

Blest

Banned via Administration
i think marth is overrated. you need a lot of skill to play marth good. think about it hes light so you have to sink pretty much every time you jump and his b-up isnt that good you need to press b-foward 100 times just to get some distance for christs sakes. and most of his smash moves leave him totally open. so you need to get people in a really big combo just to get a good hit on a person with a foward A.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is overrated??? are you kidding? Mewtwo actually can stand a chance, he's definately better than pichu. I play with mewtwo a lot, mostly for entertainment purposes but he can really tear it up. His wavedash is ridiculous, throws are decent, fair is powerful, and his tail has nice range. You can make him do well. Also his recovery is amazing, you have to smash him off the side or he can always get back. and whenever you get in trouble, just teleport down onto the stage.

Other than Mewtwo, I'd go with DK. He can be just plain nasty.

bovineblitzkrieg

Smash Journeyman
And whoa, did you say marth is overrated? I hate to use the word noob, but... marth is totally ridiculous in the right hands. fastfalling is no big deal and his recovery with the forward b isnt bad at all. marth pwns.

Number_09

Smash Cadet
Blest said:
i think marth is overrated. you need a lot of skill to play marth good. think about it hes light so you have to sink pretty much every time you jump and his b-up isnt that good you need to press b-foward 100 times just to get some distance for christs sakes. and most of his smash moves leave him totally open. so you need to get people in a really big combo just to get a good hit on a person with a foward A.
AH! SKILL TO PLAY MARTH! UM.... C STICK!? And he recovers from attacking faster than the other two swordesman do.

fluffy

Smash Champion
bovineblitzkrieg said:
Mewtwo is overrated??? are you kidding? Mewtwo actually can stand a chance, he's definately better than pichu. I play with mewtwo a lot, mostly for entertainment purposes but he can really tear it up. His wavedash is ridiculous, throws are decent, fair is powerful, and his tail has nice range. You can make him do well. Also his recovery is amazing, you have to smash him off the side or he can always get back. and whenever you get in trouble, just teleport down onto the stage.

Other than Mewtwo, I'd go with DK. He can be just plain nasty.
1st u double posted. it makes me sad to see that.

and mew2 is fine where he belongs. lowest tier.

Blest

Banned via Administration
WTF! why does every1 ***** about the C-stick (i dont use it) but if i did its not even different! you guys should try to play marth hes hard to play

DDM

Smash Journeyman
It seems like there should be more DK players than there are. He's just got too much power and reach to not be effective. I don't get it. He just always seems to get taken down by the speedsters.

I've never seen even a decent Ness player personally, but I have this gut feeling that there's somebody out there who's really really good with him. I'd be interested to see how a Ness expert stacks up against the rest.

REFUSEDx

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers- With the two of them they have some **** strong smashes, and also um...there is TWO of them, the other one sometimes gets little hits in that can really help out.

Link- Hookshot + Bombs for the great recovery possibilities. Up+B is an awesome edge guard thats easy to pull off consistantly. Even if their not near the edge pull it off at the right time and its almost a definite KO at mid percentages for some charecters.

MZero17

Smash Journeyman
Blest said:
WTF! why does every1 ***** about the C-stick (i dont use it) but if i did its not even different! you guys should try to play marth hes hard to play
Ummmm.....Marth isn't hard to play. I used to play him. If you go to a tournament, there's about 10 Shieks, 10 Marths. If Marth was hard to play as, there would be less Marth players.

Mr. Game and Watch

Kai_

Smash Journeyman
Number_09 said:
The tournament was not terrible. There were 16 people. Actually first round Pichu beat Marth. Once again I will state this.... it was luck. That pichu was lucky every round. Items were legal :( and it got lucky.... So no more posts on this being a "terrible" or "noob" filled tournament...

Zelda is a good player, not exceptional. I haven't really ever heard anyone say she was a low character per say.
WTf.... that tourney MUST HAVE been a nooby one. Allowing items? Cmon. The pichu probably got invincible star the whole time. Cmon.....Pichu can't beat Marth...

Khanczar

Smash Ace
I would have to say... luigi. His name should be changed to wavegod... lol. Plus, multiple aerials and good recovery. Yep, pretty dern underrated.

Also, of course, Link. He's my main so this is partially me being a fanboy but it is also brought on by how many times I've seen people say link is 'unplayable' and how he should be lower tier... eat it n00bs

Ryu777

Smash Ace
Kai_ said:
IC's but that's just the way I like it. When they're underrated people don't turn to the two eskimos so not a swarm of people will start using them, whereas fox, falco, marth.
I've never been to a tourney in my life, and I've loved falco since the second I unlocked him, plus, alot of people like him, but not as many are good with him.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yeah, definitely Yoshi.

Peach and jigglypuf are not underrated! Only by little kids who go "Eww" when you pick them.

And I stick with Pikachu. Uair spikes and recovery ftw!

SlutMachine

Smash Journeyman
Easy Bake

Blest said:
Marth is an easy bake character...no skill required Cstick or no end of story

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Definitley Ness

Yeah... seems like many people here agree with me. I think Ness is actually the best. Speed, range, power, and all that good stuff is rolled into one little package. And if you disagree with me... fine. Just don't go flaming :ohwell:

Skylink

Smash Lord
A house made of brick, wood, and plaster (I think)
You all keep telling yourself this. If you arn't competing with north VA/MD pros, you can kick *** with any charachter. You CAN'T even avoid getting three stocked consistently with anyone lower than Upper tier.

Don't get me wrong, I play link, Yoshi, and some luigi. I also play Falco and the Knee happy captian as well. But trust me, when you are anywhere even remotely distant from the top, you will get no farther with a mid-bottom tier.

:(

Why can't Link be GOOD?!?

SlutMachine

Smash Journeyman
Skylink said:
You all keep telling yourself this. If you arn't competing with north VA/MD pros, you can kick *** with any charachter. You CAN'T even avoid getting three stocked consistently with anyone lower than Upper tier.

Don't get me wrong, I play link, Yoshi, and some luigi. I also play Falco and the Knee happy captian as well. But trust me, when you are anywhere even remotely distant from the top, you will get no farther with a mid-bottom tier.

:(

Why can't Link be GOOD?!?
Untrue... I have played some very amazing players with pichu and pikachu and I haven't really won because I'm not pro status quite yet but I haven't been three stocked or massacred. In fact I did very well against them considering how good they were.

Majora731

Smash Apprentice
No one in my neighboorhood will tell me I suck for using a character, unless they have never seen me play everyone before. Here is my list of those charcters I think are to a higher extent.

Zelda (Not Shiek)
Pikachu
Pichu
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch

boy11

Smash Apprentice
It really all depends on who is playing the character. Certain people are really good with lower tier characters that you wouldn't think much of.

In particular, I've been really surprised with Zelda, Ness and G&W

SlutMachine

Smash Journeyman
I also think that kirby is very underrated...he's actually a pretty good fighter, and the kirbycide is underrated...u can kill ur enemy, and if ur at a high percentage, u can just kirbycide and take off another stock from ur opponent cuz u probably would have died soon. Also, alot of the kirbycide moves kill the opponent first, so if ur about to get two stocked, and u manage to take off one more life, u still dont have too big of a disadvantage if ur good enough to catch him in a grab or a neutral be or whatever.

SlutMachine

Smash Journeyman
fluffy said:
nah, kirby sucks. the ssb64 version was good thou.
though u obviously can't compare him to the n64 version, he is still nice, I've seen my friend jay o yeah take down a really good fox, by fighting well and using the kirbycide properly. thats y he's underrated...cuz ppl like u r too hung up on the n64 kirby who was a killing machine.

Top Bottom