• The new bonus episode of the Smash Brothers Documentary Metagame, Godslayer, is now available on Vimeo

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Under the Southern Cross, Anything is Possible!" | Mike Jones Support Thread

smash puffle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-1958-8711
Yep. This is exactly what I expected. I'm getting too tired of waiting nowadays, it's depressing.

Thanks to NES on Nintendo Switch Online I was finally able to play through and beat StarTropics. Fantastic game and Mike deserves to be in Smash. I support
On a more positive note, I'm really glad you enjoyed the game. It's always nice to see more and more people play StarTropics and showing their support for our favorite ace pitcher.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
You know, it's depressing how StarTropics always gets left out.
On the bright side, it's interesting how Nintendo has shown some sudden interest in ST this generation. Here's hoping things change this E3! 🤞

Torgo the Bear

Smash Apprentice
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
You know, it's depressing how StarTropics always gets left out.
On the bright side, it's interesting how Nintendo has shown some sudden interest in ST this generation. Here's hoping things change this E3! 🤞
Of all the things to put on there, they had to add Mega Man's Soccer?

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Tweets like this one always motivate me to keep making more StarTropics content. Not to mention how I have come across tweets in various languages praising the series! Some of those languages include Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, and Japanese!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Could an expensive chip be the reason why both ST games didn't release in Japan?
Here's an article that talks about it: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Trivia/StarTropics
If that's the case, then what are they waiting for?! This is no longer a problem!
I agree, we’re past the age where Japanese and American cultures are too separated to appreciate/understand one another. The internet did a great job of shrinking that disconnect and nowadays the divide is barely there at all.

I’ve been playing the Mysterious Murasame Castle on my 3ds and me not speaking Japanese hasn’t hampered my experience at all. I understand what a tanuki and a tengu is enough and I’ve figured out what a daimyo is compared to a shogun. It doesn’t feel “foreign” to me despite me being born and raised in America. I can’t imagine a Japanese person would have a hard time figuring out what’s going on in StarTropics.

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
I agree, we’re past the age where Japanese and American cultures are too separated to appreciate/understand one another. The internet did a great job of shrinking that disconnect and nowadays the divide is barely there at all.

I’ve been playing the Mysterious Murasame Castle on my 3ds and me not speaking Japanese hasn’t hampered my experience at all. I understand what a tanuki and a tengu is enough and I’ve figured out what a daimyo is compared to a shogun. It doesn’t feel “foreign” to me despite me being born and raised in America. I can’t imagine a Japanese person would have a hard time figuring out what’s going on in StarTropics.
Not to mention how they released EarthBound despite the game being filled with tons of American pop culture references! I didn't even know it had that many until I watched a video about it!

Dr. Richie

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, we didn't get anything this E3. But on the bright side, it seems like Nintendo is no longer that afraid of bringing dormant series back! So far, we have gotten the Famicom Detective Club games, and now, Advance Wars 1&2. Not to mention other small stuff like Murasame Castle, Panel de Pon, and NES Fire Emblem! We also know that Devolver Digital wants to develop a new StarTropics (hopefully Nintendo gives them the green light). There is also challenger pack 11 to look forward to; let's hope we get at least a Mii costume or spirit event. Let's keep spreading the word about StarTropics, and encourage Nintendo to bring back even more series by supporting these recent projects of theirs.

Top Bottom