• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Under Night in-birth: EXE Late

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
POVERTY ANIME FIGHTING IN HD

Pretty fun fighter game that's out now on JP PSN (and maybe HK PSN?), spiritual successor to French Bread's earlier, more well-known creation, Melty Blood. This game has a lot of mechanics that you need to pay attention to and use to take full advantage of what's not there that you probably took for granted in most anime fighters.
---

Currently playing:

blindhobo
Pacific West
PSN: blindhobo13
Characters: Hilda, Merkava

Crusayer
Pacific Canada
PSN: Crusayer
Characters: Seth

JDietz
Midwest
PSN: Kokonoes_Lolly
Characters: Merkava, Carmine

Juushichi
Midwest
PSN:
Characters: Linne, Eltnum, Akatsuki

Lythium
Atlantic Canada
PSN: winterlemon
Characters: Merkava

Minato
Pacific West
PSN: Rhapzody_
Characters: Eltnum, Nanase

Raziek
Atlantic Canada
PSN: Raziek_
Characters: Byakuya, Orie

Rutger
Atlantic South
PSN: RutgerFE6
Characters: Yuzuriha

Ryker
Atlantic South
PSN: GS_Ryker
Characters: GRIM REAPAH, OHOHOHOHO

Zankoku
Southwest
PSN: aisight
Characters: Waldstein

---
Here's a quick rundown of mechanics you'll find in the game.

EXiStence Gauge
Your basic super meter, ranges from 0% to 200%.
Costs 100% EXS to perform an EX special (basically a super version of a special), 200% EXS to perform an Infinite Worths or Infinite Worths EXS (big, cinematic supers).
Costs 100% EXS to perform a Guard Thrust (alpha counter).
Requires at least 100% EXS to activate Veil Off (roughly equivalent to Melty Blood's Heat activation, converts your existing EXS meter into a timer where you're in a special state that grants you infinite EXS).

GRinD Grid
Some sort of tug-of-war meter in the bottom center of the screen.
You gain GRD by advancing forward, comboing, or guarding effectively.
You lose GRD by retreating, getting your attacks Shielded, or allowing your opponent to Concentrate (charge GRD).
Once a timer completes its cycle, the player with more GRD enters GRD Vorpal state, which grants higher combo damage and access to Chain Shift (kind of works like X-Factor activation, converts all your existing GRD into EXS)
You can get GRD Broken by Shielding in the wrong direction or Shielding against a throw.

Movement Stuff
Everyone can universally walk, jump, dash, backdash, and Assault.
Assault is like a forward leap (it kind of tracks the opponent, so its horizontal distance decreases if you're closer), and can be done both from the ground and the air, but only once per landing. You can't use Assault when GRD Broken.
Some characters have Force Functions (unique commands) that allow additional movement.
Some other characters have additional regular movement options such as double jump and air-backdash.

There's also a bunch more advanced system stuff
You can read about it on the wiki!

Last edited:

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Fourth.

GRIM REAPAH.

EDIT: Crusayer you poor *******. How do you play Seth? He looks so cool, but ADSHFHADSIFHADSIFHADSFIHADS.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
One day I will be able to join you all playing the best named fighting game in existence.

But that day is not today. Keep those black things unreal while I'm away.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This game is too fun, omg. And the netcode scales MUCH better to far connections than BBCP.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Add me to the list as Yuzuriha please.

I'll probably find some subs later, but I'll just stick with her for now.

Last edited:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
ggs to everyone! Just a quick reference of things I'm noticing people getting blown up by, as far as Waldstein goes.

2B is his only low, but it has incredible reach. If you're 1/3 screen away or less, be prepared to crouch block.
6C, where Waldstein rears back and then steps forward with a BIG punch, is overhead and +5 on block. So block high, and don't try to punish by running in or you'll probably eat me throwing out another big normal as a frame trap.
[4]6A/B, Waldstein's wall press command grab, is avoided by being in the air. It's also punishable on miss. Note that it's a charge move, so I can't just randomly do it while walking or Assaulting forward or something.
214B, the clap, is +3 on block. Between 5B and 214B there's a 7 frame gap, which is where you'll usually want to do some invincible reversal.
236B, the whirling claw slash, hits overhead. It's also -16 on block, so prepare your best punish if you block it.

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
i own this.

haven't had a chance to play a lot yet but i am playing Hilda with Merkava waiting in the shadows because i foresee much suffering in the future.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How much Japanese do you need to know to be able to play this?
None, tbh. The main menu is all in english. The story in arcade mode and the training mode options are in Japanese, but there are translations of them online.

Booster

Smash Lord
None, tbh. The main menu is all in english. The story in arcade mode and the training mode options are in Japanese, but there are translations of them online.
And is it worth buying? I can only find it at insanely high prices

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And is it worth buying? I can only find it at insanely high prices
Depends, I suppose. Competitively, I think it's a good and fun game. The netcode is pretty good, especially with anyone that has a decent wired connection. If you're looking for a variety of modes, it doesn't offer that much.

Top Bottom