• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Unbanning Hyrule Castle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
People don't know how to argue, if they did I'd gladly break down every scenario for them.
Understandable, but here even in a situation where C Crusader8389 is just asking you for a further explanation on a subject you clearly seem knowledgeable about, you won't even give him that. So, its hard to believe that if someone argued with you, even in a way that would be considered an argument in your opinion, that you would break it down. you don't give a break down or answer for people that actually want it without having to fight you for it. The board isn't the problem, your mindset in dealing with others is. Your opinion, and reasoning for it are fine, but how you deal with others on this thread, and also in subject matter is rude and dismissive.

F. Stein

Smash Journeyman
*waiting for Uair to reply about how he doesn't care what scrubs on opinionboards.com say and how they don't know how to argue anyways.*

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Uair aka Smasherx74 or w/e is a ****ter who was banned for years but was unbanned due to smashboards changing stuff or he just decided to make a new account and hasn't been banned yet cus' no mods.

This thread is dumb tho and no stages are ever coming back. Not like DL only ruleset is stopping people from playing gameshark maps like Battlefield and Final DEEZ in friendlies.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Understandable, but here even in a situation where C Crusader8389 is just asking you for a further explanation on a subject you clearly seem knowledgeable about, you won't even give him that. So, its hard to believe that if someone argued with you, even in a way that would be considered an argument in your opinion, that you would break it down. you don't give a break down or answer for people that actually want it without having to fight you for it. The board isn't the problem, your mindset in dealing with others is. Your opinion, and reasoning for it are fine, but how you deal with others on this thread, and also in subject matter is rude and dismissive.
I've said this probably a thousand times. The number 1 reason why Peach and Congo are less viable than hyrule/dreamland is their ledges. The setup of the maps them self's are not the main reason why they are not used, it is the way you're recovering on these maps that make them less viable specifically because of certain characters, just like Dreamland does for Link which is why people kept using Hyrule for years and not dreamland. Because a specific character was less viable on that map due to the size of it which effected the recovery.

This is not just my opinion, it is your opinion as well as everyone else's opinion. I'm stating established common sense in smash64.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Uair aka Smasherx74 or w/e is a ****ter who was banned for years but was unbanned due to smashboards changing stuff or he just decided to make a new account and hasn't been banned yet cus' no mods.

This thread is dumb tho and no stages are ever coming back. Not like DL only ruleset is stopping people from playing gameshark maps like Battlefield and Final DEEZ in friendlies.
Funny how I've beat him yet I am him. Guess I really like onanism huh?

Edit: also his alt account is called cuddlytoys. If you really couldn't tell. He's even admitted to it on several occasions.

Last edited:

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Funny how you have the same character choice, ping, posting style, and beliefs as Smasherx but aren't him.
Funny how this isn't the first time you've made a different account to ban evade.
Funny how Cuddles is different in every way too.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Funny how you have the same character choice, ping, posting style, and beliefs as Smasherx but aren't him.
Funny how this isn't the first time you've made a different account to ban evade.
Funny how Cuddles is different in every way too.
I use all 12 characters, who I pick depends on how I feel. Sorry if I gave off the wrong impression but I'm not him. I was sandbagging with you anyways because I thought you were cuddlytoys/smasherx74.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Care to explain everything else i mentioned?
I only p2p and mostly play melee on athens ladder thing, smasher sits on kaillera trolling cuddlytoys (him self) all day.

Also I'm a Bernie supporter, smasher supports trump.

Crusader8389

Smash Cadet
I've said this probably a thousand times. The number 1 reason why Peach and Congo are less viable than hyrule/dreamland is their ledges. The setup of the maps them self's are not the main reason why they are not used, it is the way you're recovering on these maps that make them less viable specifically because of certain characters, just like Dreamland does for Link which is why people kept using Hyrule for years and not dreamland. Because a specific character was less viable on that map due to the size of it which effected the recovery.

This is not just my opinion, it is your opinion as well as everyone else's opinion. I'm stating established common sense in smash64.
So your saying ledge walls is not the reason congo is not viable, it is purely because the ledges in congo are different than DL in some other way? I haven't seen a difference in congo's ledges, if you have a reasonable amount of experience they are just as easy to grab, and I assume coded the same way, just with no ledge wall. Unless I'm just being stupid, you still haven't said what about congo's ledges make it not viable. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just curious on your (and apparently everyone else's??) mindset.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
So your saying ledge walls is not the reason congo is not viable, it is purely because the ledges in congo are different than DL in some other way? I haven't seen a difference in congo's ledges, if you have a reasonable amount of experience they are just as easy to grab, and I assume coded the same way, just with no ledge wall. Unless I'm just being stupid, you still haven't said what about congo's ledges make it not viable. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just curious on your (and apparently everyone else's??) mindset.
You cannot make anecdotal claims in an argument. You're not donald trump that doesn't fly. You got no idea what you're talking about, Congo/peach are less viable than Hyrule/dreamland mainly because of their ledges which conflicts with many characters recoveries. It's not a debate of how skilled you are or how you recover, the fact is the ledges have no walls, and peaches castle you cannot grab the ledge. Why are opinionboarders so delusional they cannot grasp a simple argument?

Crusader8389

Smash Cadet
You cannot make anecdotal claims in an argument. You're not donald trump that doesn't fly. You got no idea what you're talking about, Congo/peach are less viable than Hyrule/dreamland mainly because of their ledges which conflicts with many characters recoveries. It's not a debate of how skilled you are or how you recover, the fact is the ledges have no walls, and peaches castle you cannot grab the ledge. Why are opinionboarders so delusional they cannot grasp a simple argument?
You still have not answered my question, despite me asking it 5 times now. Why do you think having no ledge walls makes it harder to recover? If anything, it only gives MORE recovery options, as far I can see, as you can recover under the stage. Is that the reason why you hate it so avidly?

Uair

Banned via Warnings
You still have not answered my question, despite me asking it 5 times now. Why do you think having no ledge walls makes it harder to recover? If anything, it only gives MORE recovery options, as far I can see, as you can recover under the stage. Is that the reason why you hate it so avidly?
Jesus christ I got specific on how recovering with certain characters is effected by the lack of walls or lack of grabbable edge, It doesn't make it "harder" it makes it impossible in certain situations and restricts you. Are you stupid or trolling, i honestly can't tell.

I even explained why going under the stage is irrelevant, you just are carelessly posting. I'm done, you're ********. If you want to see my answer then read my posts.

Last edited:

caneut

Smash Ace
Jesus christ I got specific on how recovering with certain characters is effected by the lack of walls or lack of grabbable edge, It doesn't make it "harder" it makes it impossible in certain situations and restricts you. Are you stupid or trolling, i honestly can't tell.

I even explained why going under the stage is irrelevant, you just are carelessly posting. I'm done, you're ********. If you want to see my answer then read my posts.
HEY! SMASHERX! shut up

@Madao please lock this thread

Crusader8389

Smash Cadet

You have yet to mention a single situation where it is advantageous to have ledge walls while recovering on stage. You have only made vague ellusions to fox and ness, for which I have responded by saying you can recover under the stage, as well as still recover to the ledge if spaced propery. I have been reading your posts, but I don't remember any reference to why "going under the stage is irrelevant". And please don't lock the thread because I am genuinely confused as to smasher's argument... please respond with more detail then "it makes it impossible in certain situations.". I am not trollling, like I said I just can't see a scenario where having ledge walls helps, unless you want to be popped up in against the wall like in Dreamland... but even then, having no ledge wall only provides more options for recovery and would make it harder to edgeguard, I would think. And that's not even accounting for the barrel.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
You have yet to mention a single situation where it is advantageous to have ledge walls while recovering on stage. .
Ness upB smacking the wall/ledge, downard Ness upB traveling upward the ledge (left dreamland, left hyrule).

I clearly stated this before, you're dyslexic

D

Deleted member

How about just move on? It's BANNED, why keep kicking a dead horse?

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
I think we can have 100 posts dedicated just to why smasherx thinks bad ledges is the reason why congo is banned. Let's see.

Uair Uair , If you have trouble recovering as fox, ness, DK, or whoever because you can't ride up the wall, you don't have the skills needed to recover as that character well enough. If you were more skilled, you could space yourself well enough the grab the ledge from multiple different angles without needing the ledge wall. Don't try to say a stage is banned because of your lack of skill with a character. You said yourself that banning a stage because of a player's lack of skill to deal with certain situations or gimmicks isn't a justifiable reason to ban a stage.

Congo also allows for more types of recoveries with those characters because of the ability to go through the bottom of the stage and the barrel recoveries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom