• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

dataznguy

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I'm a soph at UMCP trying to get better/maybe get into the tournament scene. If you guys play regularly I'd like to join/learn to improve my characters

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Wenz and I frequently Smash on Monday Wednesday at my place off campus at noon, I can give you a ride back

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
I get out of class at 4:45 on Wed. I could be down for some games after that.

@Datazngay/Zifnab I'm generally free for games Wednesday after 4:45, all Thursday, and Fridays after 3. I'm also around over sprink break. I live within walking distance of campus., so let me know if you ever want to get some gams going.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
So, I heard that there's this game called Super Smash Bros Melee, and it's supposed to be all technically demanding and junk... Yeah **** whatever joke I could make out of that.

Anyone wanna Smash now that I care about getting better at this game?

:phone:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I'm Smashing with Wenz at my place MW usually, if you're free at noon we can meet up and Wenz can drive us back

If you're free a little later, the 110 takes you to my house

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
post deleto but what is the point

Last edited:

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Yeah then I lost to a G&W or something .... sigh

O well
My 8 stocks losing 2 was my greatest accomplishment ever
Time to retire

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
lmao I didnt have my recording setup at xanadu unfortunately

CTL17

Smash Lord
I want to boost my Elo, brah. :troll:
All results are linked from the main tourney thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=312584

So on 11/6/10, you lost to Winston, beat Wenz, and lost to Seb. You also got 4-stocked by JCaesar's Peach in P:M crews.

On 2/11/12, you beat Fortune, lost to KrazyKnux, beat Amen, beat KlunkyMoney (and almost lost :D), and lost to Doll

CTL17

Smash Lord
Sad faces. I seem to no longer have the tio file for VIII or IX. IX was the beginning of Vist almost being better than VA.

Bones0

Smash Legend
As long as you still have the bracket images, someone can rebuild the bracket in Tio.

Wow, I'm looking back through all the old tourneys. I had no idea that once upon a time, people came all the way from tristate to play Melee in MD/VA. >________>

Bones0

Smash Legend
Lmk if you have the Tio files for 11 or 12. I already recreated 10 (the one where Vist beat Chu and Chillin) manually and submitted it, but 11 and 12 are significantly larger brackets so I'll hold off until you can confirm if you have them or not.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Lmk if you have the Tio files for 11 or 12. I already recreated 10 (the one where Vist beat Chu and Chillin) manually and submitted it, but 11 and 12 are significantly larger brackets so I'll hold off until you can confirm if you have them or not.
I submitted 11 and 12. Thanks for helping. Maybe you'll surpass me now. (For some reason I'm 5 points ahead)

Bones0

Smash Legend
Cool. I think you should be ranked above me though. Even if you're sandbagging you probably do better than me in tournament, plus I have a lot of tournaments where I only won a match, maybe 2. I'll probably just starting going through any Sypher tournaments I can find results for, so maybe they will help (the ranking tourney where I got a lucky *** bracket due to Mahone upsetting Chillin should do the trick LOL).

CTL17

Smash Lord
Cool. I think you should be ranked above me though. Even if you're sandbagging you probably do better than me in tournament, plus I have a lot of tournaments where I only won a match, maybe 2. I'll probably just starting going through any Sypher tournaments I can find results for, so maybe they will help (the ranking tourney where I got a lucky *** bracket due to Mahone upsetting Chillin should do the trick LOL).
My best tourney placement was probably Pound 5, but evidently it's a smashfest and not going on that site.

I did a little surfing on that site and apparently UChicago players are ranked at 13xx because they constantly win their isolated tourneys there, though we could go and **** all of them.

Bones0

Smash Legend
CTL, you did something weird with the Shell Shocked files when you uploaded them because it came up as having 0 entrants for both XI and XII. If a second glance doesn't immediately tell you what's wrong with them, you can just email them to me (b0n3s0@gmail.com).

JaceComix

Smash Apprentice
But Night Market is at 7. And I'm kidnapping David.
Ohh I didn't realize that was tomorrow. I might go...but Taste of Japan was last week...idk lol
Could we play after?
Or do Wenbo/Winston wanna playyyy?

I mean, I could just settle for playing with Mark sometime this weekend...but its not the same lol

CTL17

Smash Lord
Ohh I didn't realize that was tomorrow. I might go...but Taste of Japan was last week...idk lol
Could we play after?
Or do Wenbo/Winston wanna playyyy?

I mean, I could just settle for playing with Mark sometime this weekend...but its not the same lol
Afterwards, I'm going home. :/

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
SleepyK, do you know Purple? (idk if that's his tag, its his username on smashboards) We met years back while we were both doing flash animation and he told me about you lol

Top Bottom