• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMBC Tournament

Ghostype

Smash Champion
http://tia.nealpro.com/tournament.aspx?id=162

Singles Results:

1: Mew2King ($71.50)
2: chu ($27.50)
3: Plairnkk ($11.00)
4: chillin
5: Kaiser
5: Ryoko
7: G-reg
7: Kirbstir
9: Aero
9: The Newb
9: Doll
9: Anden
13: Vist
13: Frozen
13: Dr. Huxtable
13: Slikvik
17: EEVisu
17: FOB
17: UMBC Super Smasher
17: Jonaas
17: Hat
17: Twig
17: Dreadlord Santa
17: Lucky
25: JK
25: irieblue
25: Windshade
25: sire
25: pat
25: Nurok
25: Nikk
25: dosv
33: Death Kitten
33: Brum
33: oops

Doubles Results:

1: chu+chillin ($88.00)
2: Team Falcon & Jiggs (G-reg/Aero) ($22.00)
3: Dreamland...Please? (Lucky/SlikVik) ($0.00)
4: doll/m2k (Doll/M2K)
5: Princess (Brum/Dreadlord Santa)
5: PlairnkknKaiser (Plank/Kaiser)
7: HATV (DOSV/Hat)
7: Ryokolate (Kirbstir/Ryoko)
9: Team Porkwind (Windshade/Death Kitten)
9: Cool Beans (FOB/Frozen)
9: Juicebox (EE/Vist)
9: blackanese di

I will update this post when nealdt has time to upload the file and then post up a link.

It was a good tournament, thanks UMBC for hosting and running it. Sucks that this is the last one till next Fall. Also see you at *pound* dude.

Shoutouts:

sire - GGs
Kaiser - GGs, I want to play you more.
HAT - GGs, I really thought you were gonna win but you weren't believing. >_> I'm gonna bring you the shirt next thing we're both at.
Ryoko - GGs, I got *****.
Nurok - Good effort.
Frozen - Good ****.
EE - Good ****.
DosV - Good ****.
Nikk - Good ****.
Chillin - cheatingdude829

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
good **** chu for coming in first. no offense, but i havent seen him place 1st in a while.
Actually, I just needed to finish the bracket so I put chu as first. I'm pretty sure Chu and M2K split the money and played friendlies... in fact, I think M2K beat Chu in a set, so really M2K should be 1st =) The results should show 1. Chu 1. M2K like what Husband and Wife did for singles/teams at the last tournament.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
This Tournament was pretty good. UMBC SS, the game room looks really good. I'm kinda jealous that u guys have such a nice setup. I'd be there everyday if i went there. I got lucky but I still fought hard for my placing in doubles. Im glad i took advantage of this very rare oppurtunity.

Shoutouts
Lucky(Jiggs): Awesome teammate, we had a bunch of comeback victories thanx to his awesome playing. Jiggs is deceptively good. You'll be seeing more of this guy
Hat: Liked the hat, u looked pretty good at the game, i wish i coulda played u, maybe next time
Kaiser: seemed pretty chill, i also gotta play u next time
DosV: Pretty good Samus, although u gotta use the upB. i destroys the opponents momentum and makes up for her not having a decent grab
Appletree: mindgames, son
Doll: too funny, groundgame with peach is sick. How come we can never finish the peach ditto?
FOB: ur doc scares me man
Aero: ur jiggs scares me man
g-REG: *my thumbs slips, g-reg notices and grins...Triple knee* hes too good
Vist/EE: good teams matches
Brum/Dreadlord Santa: Also, good teams matches
Kirbstir: aww man, u have the devils luck. 2 stiches when ur down against Lucky's jiggs. good **** tho. i like ur peach, simple and effective
Lucky: LUUUUCCCCKKKYYYYYY!
Plank: AKA peachslayer. we must play
Ryoko: liked the peach
Anden: man, I knew how to fight jiggs becuz of my experience against Lucky, but when u swtched to Marth, it was over. Ur Marth had very few openings that I could see. It was very effective. Altho i lost, it was still a really good match

Jasona

Smash Ace
i took the last month away from smash to work on my juggling. during that time i started trying to learn 3 in one hand and failed to even catch all of them. this morning i tried again and found that i could effortlessly catch all 3 with either hand. it seems that smash is good for my juggling. see you all next time

thnx plank for ****** my bombs, because of that i'm going to spend more time learning to move from them instead of just landing

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont get why with 35 people the entire pot added up to $111.

35x5=175

UMBC TAKIN A VENUE FEE M I RITE? i should've totally gotten 17.50 instead of $11.

I hate u!!!!

=p

UMBC Super Smasher

Smash Lord
i dont get why with 35 people the entire pot added up to $111.

35x5=175

UMBC TAKIN A VENUE FEE M I RITE? i should've totally gotten 17.50 instead of $11.

I hate u!!!!

=p
That's because some people took it out of their winnings and also I might have not double clicked on some people's names to show that they paid. I really wouldn't complain if I were you Plank, because the umbc tournament is about the cheapest thing you can attend; it has no venue fee, a low tourney price, and it's close to you. I'm sorry if you got jipped out of $7, maybe Chu or M2K will feel sympathy for you.

No Plank, you're dead wrong. I left the tournament yesterday at 11:30pm with $0.00. I had to get Nikk to donate $1 to me so I could pay for singles since I only had $4. The fact that you suggested - joke or not - that I took money out of the pot annoys me since it criticizes my integrity, which is something I uphold to a very high standard. Losing $7 won't hurt you; just don't buy the combo meal two times at McDonalds and that's $7.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's because some people took it out of their winnings and also I might have not double clicked on some people's names to show that they paid. I really wouldn't complain if I were you Plank, because the umbc tournament is about the cheapest thing you can attend; it has no venue fee, a low tourney price, and it's close to you. I'm sorry if you got jipped out of $7, maybe Chu or M2K will feel sympathy for you.

No Plank, you're dead wrong. I left the tournament yesterday at 11:30pm with $0.00. I had to get Nikk to donate $1 to me so I could pay for singles since I only had $4. The fact that you suggested - joke or not - that I took money out of the pot annoys me since it criticizes my integrity, which is something I uphold to a very high standard. Losing $7 won't hurt you; just don't buy the combo meal two times at McDonalds and that's $7.
I wouldn't complain if i was jipped out of $7, but the fact of the matter is i was jipped out of $6.50 and that pisses me off.

Top Bottom